[COMPLETE]Celebrated Crimes Vol 6 Pt 2: by Alexandre Dumas-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lam83

Post by Lam83 »

Nevermind. I apologize but I cannot speak French well enough for this one so I'll have to choose something else for my first go. :oops: Thank you!!
DaveInKy

Post by DaveInKy »

Michelle, I recall reading that we normally skip footnotes. It is OK to also skip reference notes within the text? For example, " . . . (vol. iv. No. 23, p. 82, et seq.) . . . I have read over Part 4 several time. It will be fairly challenging text to listen to, and I think that including the reference notes would make it even more difficult for listeners. Thank you,
Dave
DaveInKy

Post by DaveInKy »

Cheryl, I will also claim Chapter 1 Parts 3, and 5. That will give me Parts 3-5. Thank you.
Dave
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Lam83, Ok, no problem I wouldn't try it either.
Cheryls
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

OK Dave, your set to do the remaining sections, and thank you!
Sorry, I don't know about the footnotes, but if you don't hear from Michelle do what you think is best.
Cheryl
DaveInKy

Post by DaveInKy »

Here is Section 4. Duration is 25:38

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/celebratedcrimesvol6part2__04_dumas_128kb.mp3

Note for Cheryls: There is a long parenthetical note that would have begun at 1:15. After consideration, I determined that it was best to leave it out. Reason is that if we leave it in, I think few readers would have been able to understand the important sentence that it comes in the middle of. In the note, Duma is basically telling us that he has corrected the typographical error in the original doc.
Dave
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 4 PL OK
:D very nice Dave
Your decision about the note sounds right to me.
Cheryl
DaveInKy

Post by DaveInKy »

Here is section 3. Duration 21:34

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/celebratedcrimesvol6part2_03_dumas_128kb.mp3

Another note for Cheryls: At 16:44 text states " . . . the ambitious schemes of Louis XVI." But article cited was written in 1687, and Louis XVI was not crowned until 1775. So this was clearly a typo, and I just changed the narration to Louis XIV. Thank you.
Dave
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 3 PL OK
Well done
Cheryls
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Whoops, forgot to update the status on section 3 - now you are set
Cheryl :oops:
DaveInKy

Post by DaveInKy »

Here is section 5. Duration: 34:52

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/celebratedcrimesvol6part2_05_dumas.mp3

Hi Cheryl: there is also one other spot in this section in which text indicted Louis VI, where it must have been Louis IV. So I made the change. This was at location 33:35.

Thank you,
Dave
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 5 PL OK
:clap: Cheryl
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Candice, I see you did get some feedback on your one minute test. Are you still planning to read section 2?
No pressure, just giving encouragement. :D
Cheryl for Michelle
Gary17

Post by Gary17 »

Hello,

On August 28th 2018 I attempted to claim Chapter 1 Part 3. On this same date I also responded to a prior email by mentioning that my real name, Gary Mark Horwitz, can be used for the catalogue. I was not given Chapter 1 Part 3 and would like to know what additional steps I must take to successfully claim a section. I appreciate this information. Thank you.

Gary
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Just wanted to record that I responded to Gary privately, but waiting for Michelle's comments :hmm: :hmm:
Cheryl