[RELIG HIST] Journal of Francis Asbury, Vol. I - tg

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » May 26th, 2018, 8:42 am

For the record, I was in my uploader folder, so I renamed section 11's file. It's correct in the MW (or should be, if I didn't make a stupid mistake). :lol:
Fiction, partly about jail atrocities: It Is Never too Late to Mend
E E Cummings' time in French prison: The Enormous Room
21st Century Policing recommendations: LINK

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » June 14th, 2018, 4:53 pm

Hi! I finally thought I had some time to do this PL, and I'm so sorry that it's taken me this long! But I actually didn't have as long as I thought, and I'll have to finish later. I'll leave this here for now, but I promise I will finish this PL tonight!

The intro is not stated correctly. It's very important for the entire disclaimer to be present. Always read the first post carefully to know exactly how to phrase this. In this case, it should be:
  • "Section [number] of Journal of the Reverend Francis Asbury, Vol. I. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "Journal of the Reverend Francis Asbury, Vol. I. Section [number]"
You skipped the parts that I have underlined. In addition, your intro had a lot of background noise, as if it had been added on separately and you forgot to do noise reduction before you pasted it in, so be sure to complete this step for your new intro!

I only listened through the first few minutes, but so far, the rest sounds good! I'll get back to you this evening.

mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » June 14th, 2018, 10:06 pm

15:08-15:24 Long repeat: "Tuesday, 28. Many of my good friends kindly visited me today; and in the afternoon I took another emetic. My heart is fixed of God as the object of objects. Tuesday, 28..."
21:25 For "Mr. --------", I'd like you to read it as "Mr. Blank." I know that I told another reader awhile back to take the "blank"s out of her recording, but that was when at least a first letter was given. As it is, with just silence, it almost sounds as if the recording cut out.

Your ending also has quite a lot of background noise, and is also not quite right. Now I realize that you took the opening disclaimer and stuck it on the end! So the ending should be, simply: "End of section 11." If you like, you can then also re-state your name. Either way, be sure to leave five seconds of silence at the end, and don't forget noise cleaning!

Thanks for bearing with me through that LOOOOOOOOOOOONNG delay before I found the time to PL. I promise, I'm usually much more timely!