[COMPLETE] Journal of Francis Asbury, Vol. I - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

IMO, it doesn't work well to insert a disclaimer for someone, because the reader should really read it themself (to acknowledge that their recording is in the PD).

Did you try PM'ing the reader? If they never picked up the PM, I think you can safely dump the file and have someone redo it. If you haven't sent a PM, I'd suggest doing that.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yes, I did, some time ago. :( But you make a good point about the disclaimer. I guess I'll just open it up again.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

38 is PL ok, thanks Brian!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, can't leave this on the back burner any longer, so here is Section 16:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_16_asbury_128kb.mp3 20:20
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Larry! I look forward to listening!

Did the March cleanup catch you, too? :wink:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, Feb was more of a clean-up month for me. I had several of my BC projects completed, a couple of my DPL ones, and some more of my reading projects that wrapped up. I have two BC ones that are waiting on just one section. So, I was planning to start a few more in March to replace those. I do have enough personal reading projects to clean-up without jumping into other ones right now, unless I get more done than I think. (I have two more sections of Doolittle recorded). I'd love to take on more sections in this one, so we'll see how it goes.

Since our move in Dec, my commuting time increased dramatically, and that cut into my time. But, I got good news this week. I'm already working remotely from home one day a week, and that is going to increase to two, and probably three! :clap:

Oh, I just listened to your New Year's podcast, and you were terrific with that!
I just stumbled on it, but glad I did. There is an e.e. cummings book that is PD now, but I can't find it anywhere. So, that is the catch, eh?
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Glad you enjoyed the podcast. Yes, the hard part is finding a good copy of 1923 books. Some of them have begun appearing on PG, but most of them are going to be scans or nothing for awhile longer.

I'm wondering if I can use the March cleanup to finish out Dolittle, actually. I did some editing on it today and plan to continue doing so as I have opportunity. But I think it might be shooting a bit high to expect to finish it this month.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mightyfelix wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 12:37 am Glad you enjoyed the podcast. Yes, the hard part is finding a good copy of 1923 books. Some of them have begun appearing on PG, but most of them are going to be scans or nothing for awhile longer.

I'm wondering if I can use the March cleanup to finish out Dolittle, actually. I did some editing on it today and plan to continue doing so as I have opportunity. But I think it might be shooting a bit high to expect to finish it this month.
I'll post a reply on the Doolittle project thread.
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

silverquill wrote: March 1st, 2019, 11:28 pm Well, can't leave this on the back burner any longer, so here is Section 16:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_16_asbury_128kb.mp3 20:20
I enjoyed listening to this one very much. It is PL ok, and I look forward to hearing the rest! :D
northstar95

Post by northstar95 »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

PL ok! Thanks so much. :D
cwhat64071

Post by cwhat64071 »

Good Afternoon,

I have posted part 19 of the book at the below link:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_19_128kb.mps_.mp3

The file is 26:43 in duration.

I had one problem though. I ran the file through the file checker and it passed with a warning that my volume was outside of the limits. I use Reaper, but i am unsure if I need to turn the volume up or down as well as where to turn the volume up or down. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

cwhat64071 wrote: March 16th, 2019, 11:58 am Good Afternoon,

I had one problem though. I ran the file through the file checker and it passed with a warning that my volume was outside of the limits. I use Reaper, but i am unsure if I need to turn the volume up or down as well as where to turn the volume up or down. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Thanks, Chris. MW updated. Yes, I do see that volume warning in checker. I'm getting the same thing. I can answer part of your question right away. You need to turn the volume up. Checker will actually tell you the volume of your file in dB. You're probably already seeing the tab in Checker that says "validation." The tells you what issues, if any, you have. But take a look at the tab that says "Information." That will contain all of the following details:
journaloffrancisasbury1_19_128kb.mps_.mp3
File Size 24.6 MiB

Encoding Type MPEG-1 Layer III (encoded with LAME3.99r)
MP3 Format 128 kbps 44,100 Hz Mono
Track Length 26:50.06 (m:ss.ss)

Volume 83.3 dB
DC Bias +0 (+0.0000%)
Clipped Audio 0 ms (0.00%)
Background Noise 24.2 dB

Most of this information I ignore, because I don't have problems with it, or understand it anyway. But the Volume line (which I have underlined) is extremely helpful. Bearing in mind that the target is 89 dB (86-92 is allowed), you'll need to increase your volume by about 6 dB. I don't know anything about Reaper, but I'm sure you will be able to find some information somewhere about how to amplify in Reaper. If you're still having trouble, you can ask in the Need Help section of the forum. I know we have a few other readers here who use Reaper.

One other issue I see right away is that your file name is incorrect. You have an extraneous ".mps_" in there. So we already know you need to change the volume and the file name. But please wait to re-upload until I've had a chance to listen, in case other changes are needed. I'll try to PL this one tomorrow.
cwhat64071

Post by cwhat64071 »

mightyfelix wrote: March 16th, 2019, 12:12 pm

Chris
Thanks, Chris. MW updated. Yes, I do see that volume warning in checker. I'm getting the same thing. I can answer part of your question right away. You need to turn the volume up. Checker will actually tell you the volume of your file in dB. You're probably already seeing the tab in Checker that says "validation." The tells you what issues, if any, you have. But take a look at the tab that says "Information." That will contain all of the following details:
File Size 24.6 MiB

Volume 83.3 dB
DC Bias +0 (+0.0000%)
Background Noise 24.2 dB

Most of this information I ignore, because I don't have problems with it, or understand it anyway. But the Volume line (which I have underlined) is extremely helpful. Bearing in mind that the target is 89 dB (86-92 is allowed), you'll need to increase your volume by about 6 dB. I don't know anything about Reaper, but I'm sure you will be able to find some information somewhere about how to amplify in Reaper. If you're still having trouble, you can ask in the Need Help section of the forum. I know we have a few other readers here who use Reaper.

One other issue I see right away is that your file name is incorrect. You have an extraneous ".mps_" in there. So we already know you need to change the volume and the file name. But please wait to re-upload until I've had a chance to listen, in case other changes are needed. I'll try to PL this one tomorrow.

Thanks for the assist. I will wait to hear from you regarding the QC check. In the meantime I will research the volume issue. Have a great day!!

Chris
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

cwhat64071 wrote: March 16th, 2019, 4:39 pm
mightyfelix wrote: March 16th, 2019, 12:12 pm

Chris
File Size 24.6 MiB

Volume 83.3 dB
DC Bias +0 (+0.0000%)
Background Noise 24.2 dB

Thanks for the assist. I will wait to hear from you regarding the QC check. In the meantime I will research the volume issue. Have a great day!!

Chris
Great reading! I really enjoyed listening. :) No other issues to address, so all you have to do is increase the volume by about 6 dB and correct the file name. The correct naming format is always given in the first post of a project. Copying and pasting from there and then just typing in the section number ensures that it'll always be correct. In this case, we need: journaloffrancisasbury1_19_asbury_128kb.mp3

I believe that the .mp3 will be added for you, and that you don't need to type that part in. I know that's how Audacity does it, and I imagine that Reaper would be the same.