[COMPLETE] Journal of Francis Asbury, Vol. I - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

For the record, I was in my uploader folder, so I renamed section 11's file. It's correct in the MW (or should be, if I didn't make a stupid mistake). :lol:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hi! I finally thought I had some time to do this PL, and I'm so sorry that it's taken me this long! But I actually didn't have as long as I thought, and I'll have to finish later. I'll leave this here for now, but I promise I will finish this PL tonight!

The intro is not stated correctly. It's very important for the entire disclaimer to be present. Always read the first post carefully to know exactly how to phrase this. In this case, it should be:
  • "Section [number] of Journal of the Reverend Francis Asbury, Vol. I. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "Journal of the Reverend Francis Asbury, Vol. I. Section [number]"
You skipped the parts that I have underlined. In addition, your intro had a lot of background noise, as if it had been added on separately and you forgot to do noise reduction before you pasted it in, so be sure to complete this step for your new intro!

I only listened through the first few minutes, but so far, the rest sounds good! I'll get back to you this evening.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

15:08-15:24 Long repeat: "Tuesday, 28. Many of my good friends kindly visited me today; and in the afternoon I took another emetic. My heart is fixed of God as the object of objects. Tuesday, 28..."
21:25 For "Mr. --------", I'd like you to read it as "Mr. Blank." I know that I told another reader awhile back to take the "blank"s out of her recording, but that was when at least a first letter was given. As it is, with just silence, it almost sounds as if the recording cut out.

Your ending also has quite a lot of background noise, and is also not quite right. Now I realize that you took the opening disclaimer and stuck it on the end! So the ending should be, simply: "End of section 11." If you like, you can then also re-state your name. Either way, be sure to leave five seconds of silence at the end, and don't forget noise cleaning!

Thanks for bearing with me through that LOOOOOOOOOOOONNG delay before I found the time to PL. I promise, I'm usually much more timely!
KittySoftpaws

Post by KittySoftpaws »

Thank you, I will correct everything this weekend. I recently picked up a second job and haven't as much free time.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

silverquill wrote: July 27th, 2017, 9:18 pm Great project! Sorry I can't jump in right now. I've been clearing my LV slate as I prepare for a 3-wk trip to Nepal and India, but I suspect there will be some sections left when I get back in mid-Sept. So, I'll bookmark this and check back later.
Oh, wow, this was a long time ago! But it was a blessed time of ministry. I have an invitation to go back to help with some crusades, but don't know when I'll have the resources to do so. But, I do expect to be in Haiti in Jan., a long time since I've been back to the country where we served for four years.

Anyway, let me get this on my plate for Sections 15-17, and we'll go from there.
~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Larry, I appreciate it! This one slipped by me today, and it's bedtime now. I'll be out all day tomorrow, but I will assign those sections when I'm able. As you've noticed, and as I said before, this project's been moving pretty slowly, so no rush. :)
northstar95

Post by northstar95 »

Greetings! Could I have sections 24 and 25 please.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

northstar95 wrote: August 26th, 2018, 4:47 pm Greetings! Could I have sections 24 and 25 please.
Sure, welcome aboard! I should be able to assign those sections to you later this evening. Enjoy!
northstar95

Post by northstar95 »

Section 24 for PL: (26:51)

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_24_asbury_128kb.mp3
This book is terrific! Do you think we'll be doing volume 2 & 3 when this is done?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it! :D I have every intention of finishing out volumes 2 and 3, although it looks like it may be some time. I started working on this one over a year ago.

Thanks for section 24. I'll PL when I get a chance. Feel free to claim some more in the meantime. :wink:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Very nice work, Brian! I enjoyed listening to your reading of section 24 very much. No errors, and everything checks out, so this is now marked PL ok! :thumbs:

I look forward to the next one.
northstar95

Post by northstar95 »

Thanks! Section 25 for PL: (24:30)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_25_asbury_128kb.mp3

And could I be assigned 21, 22, 23 please.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

northstar95 wrote: September 9th, 2018, 3:03 pm Thanks! Section 25 for PL: (24:30)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_25_asbury_128kb.mp3

And could I be assigned 21, 22, 23 please.
Sounds great! I've assigned those three to you. And I will PL this soon. (Have to take advantage of some quiet time in the house so I can record my own stuff. :wink: )
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Very well done again on section 25. I have one note for you this time.

At about 6:58, the text reads "rough draught." Draught here is an alternate spelling of "draft" and should be pronounced as such. If you'll go back and redo this one sentence with that pronunciation, I think it would make the meaning clearer.
northstar95

Post by northstar95 »

mightyfelix wrote: September 11th, 2018, 9:08 am Very well done again on section 25. I have one note for you this time.

At about 6:58, the text reads "rough draught." Draught here is an alternate spelling of "draft" and should be pronounced as such. If you'll go back and redo this one sentence with that pronunciation, I think it would make the meaning clearer.
Here you go with a new link to 25: