[COMPLETE] Journal of Francis Asbury, Vol. I - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 5 PL ok. I still wasn't able to access it on my computer, though. I pulled it up on my mobile and listened there. On my computer, I got the following: "The requested URL /triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_05_asbury_128kb.mp3 was not found on this server." Any suggestions what to try? Oddly enough, I had no problems with Bill's section.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Must just be some temporary glitch. It downloads fine on my computer.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
billschaferjr

Post by billschaferjr »

Thanks, Devorah/ Tricia,
Please find the corrected file under: https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_00_asbury_128kb.mp3
The file is 13 minutes, 41 seconds. Thanks!
Whemsworth

Post by Whemsworth »

I am.new, but would like to read chapter 7. My name is William Hemsworth.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hi, William, and welcome! I'd be thrilled to have you on this project! Before you get started, be sure to complete the one minute test to ensure that your tech settings are where they ought to be. Instructions for this test are in the wiki and also in the welcome email you should have received when you registered.

And Bill, I somehow missed seeing your corrected file until just now. So sorry about that! I'm not sure how that happened, but I'll be sure to give it a spot PL tomorrow afternoon!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, Bill, I have checked your corrected file and it is all good to go! Again, I do apologize for the delay. I think I missed it because of the combination of traveling and the database update and the havoc that caused for awhile with notifications not being sent.

And William, I went ahead and assigned you section 7. Again, however, please be sure to do your one minute test before starting. Let me know if you have any questions or if I can help in any way!
Whemsworth

Post by Whemsworth »

I will be sure to do the one minute test tomorrow. Thank you! I am thrilled to begin.
2839reader

Post by 2839reader »

Claim sections 8 and 9 please.
Signature: KATHLEEN
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

2839reader wrote: February 16th, 2018, 7:09 pm Claim sections 8 and 9 please.
That would be great, thanks so much! I'll assign those to you tonight. Enjoy! I think this is a fascinating journal!

This project has been moving pretty slowly so far. I didn't realize that I have a couple of claims that should probably be orphaned. I'll contact the readers first, though.
dravon

Post by dravon »

Section 6 is now uploaded and ready for proofing.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_06_asbury_128kb.mp3

The file is 20 minutes, 20 seconds. Thank you!

I see 8 & 9 are claimed. Could I get 10?

- Sondra
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

dravon wrote: February 19th, 2018, 4:40 pm Section 6 is now uploaded and ready for proofing.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_06_asbury_128kb.mp3

The file is 20 minutes, 20 seconds. Thank you!

I see 8 & 9 are claimed. Could I get 10?

- Sondra
Of course, thank you! I'll update the MW in a few hours, and try to listen tomorrow.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Sorry for the delay in updating. A couple of quick notes on section 6.

2:21-2:23 The pause here after "Saturday, 6" seems a bit overlong to me. Can you cut it down by maybe a second or so?
3:07 You said "Thursday, 9" This should be "Tuesday, 9"

10 is now assigned to you.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you! These are in the MW. I will listen when I can. Please let me know if you're interested in any additional sections in the meantime. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks again for your reading, Kathleen! I just had a listen to section 8. Some very interesting things here and there. I find it a little bit vexing when he just makes a little reference to something, almost like a teaser, without explaining. For example, who is Mr. W., what does he think about infants, and why does Rev. Asbury disagree?? Ah, well, sometimes journals are like that! :roll:

Anyway, there are a few things I'd like you to take care of, and most of them are really just the same thing over again. When you see a name written as, for example, "Mr. G------," just say, "Mr. G," without voicing the "blank." It happens several times in this section, and I almost wanted to just let it go, but I feel that it simply interrupts the account far too much. I made you a list, below. (If you start at the end and work your way forward, the time signatures will stay the same and it'll be easier to find them all.)

1:30 "from my dear brother W blank"
7:49 "then rode to Mr. H blank's"
8:56 "today at Mr G blank's"
9:20 "evening at Mr H blank's"
9:52 "tree at Mr. G blank's"
10:38 "people at Mr. H blank's"
12:00 "At D. R blank's on Friday"
12:41 "Rode to H. W. blank's"
12:51-13:00 "at H. W. blank's in the morning at five, at S. L. blank's at ten, and at S. F. blank's in the evening."
13:45 "congregation at Mr. B blank's"
13:58 "exhorters at Mr. C. blank's"
14:05 "At Mr. C blank's we had a comfortable"
17:56 "rode to I. D. blank's"
18:23 "been reading Mr. M. blank's"

Also, there is a scripture reference given at around 25:03-25:05, as follows: "2 Cor v, 20." The "v" here is actually a small Roman numeral, so this should be read as "second Corinthians five, twenty."

I will listen to section 9 soon. :)