[grp/pop. fict] The Mysteries of London Vol.3 - lt

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Post Reply
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12594
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 25th, 2017, 4:05 pm

graynz wrote:Hi Lynnet

I have uploaded Section 4. The URL is

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mysteriesoflondonvol3_004_reynolds_128kb.mp3

It is 25' 36"

Cheers
Gray
(Graynz)
Thank you
Help us finish:

Pantropheon 6 sections remaining


Mysteries of London Vol. 3 many sections remaining

craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16162
Joined: December 17th, 2011, 3:56 pm
Location: Chicago

Post by craigdav1 » June 25th, 2017, 6:05 pm

4 PL OK.

graynz
Posts: 36
Joined: February 28th, 2017, 3:02 pm
Location: Warkworth, New Zealand

Post by graynz » June 28th, 2017, 2:24 pm

Hi Lynnet

I'd like to do sections 5 and 6. It'll be a couple of days before I can get back to doing recordings. I hope that will be OK?

Gray

(Graynz)

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12594
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » June 28th, 2017, 6:05 pm

graynz wrote:Hi Lynnet

I'd like to do sections 5 and 6. It'll be a couple of days before I can get back to doing recordings. I hope that will be OK?

Gray

(Graynz)
Absolutely -- you get 2 months from the date of claim before the evil side of me emerges :twisted:
Help us finish:

Pantropheon 6 sections remaining


Mysteries of London Vol. 3 many sections remaining

graynz
Posts: 36
Joined: February 28th, 2017, 3:02 pm
Location: Warkworth, New Zealand

Post by graynz » June 28th, 2017, 6:19 pm

Thank you - that's lovely. Hopefully it won't be anything like that long.

:)

Gray

graynz
Posts: 36
Joined: February 28th, 2017, 3:02 pm
Location: Warkworth, New Zealand

Post by graynz » July 2nd, 2017, 1:50 pm

Hi Lynnet
It transpired that I was able to do some recording during the weekend, so am able to upload Section 5 on 3/7 and avoid that evil side ;)

The url is:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mysteriesoflondonvol3_005_reynolds_128kb.mp3
It is 19' 43"

:D
Gray
(Graynz)

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12594
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 2nd, 2017, 2:51 pm

graynz wrote:Hi Lynnet
It transpired that I was able to do some recording during the weekend, so am able to upload Section 5 on 3/7 and avoid that evil side ;)

The url is:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mysteriesoflondonvol3_005_reynolds_128kb.mp3
It is 19' 43"

:D
Gray
(Graynz)
Thank you. It's safer for everyone (especially my other half) that way :thumbs:
Help us finish:

Pantropheon 6 sections remaining


Mysteries of London Vol. 3 many sections remaining

craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16162
Joined: December 17th, 2011, 3:56 pm
Location: Chicago

Post by craigdav1 » July 2nd, 2017, 6:31 pm

5 PL OK.

graynz
Posts: 36
Joined: February 28th, 2017, 3:02 pm
Location: Warkworth, New Zealand

Post by graynz » July 5th, 2017, 2:27 pm

Thank you craigdav1

Good morning Lynnet

I have uploaded section 6:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mysteriesoflondonvol3_006_reynolds_128kb.mp3

It is 17' 02"

:D

Gray
(Graynz)

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12594
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 5th, 2017, 3:07 pm

graynz wrote:Thank you craigdav1

Good morning Lynnet

I have uploaded section 6:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mysteriesoflondonvol3_006_reynolds_128kb.mp3

It is 17' 02"

:D

Gray
(Graynz)
Thank you
Help us finish:

Pantropheon 6 sections remaining


Mysteries of London Vol. 3 many sections remaining

craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16162
Joined: December 17th, 2011, 3:56 pm
Location: Chicago

Post by craigdav1 » July 5th, 2017, 5:20 pm

6 PL OK.

graynz
Posts: 36
Joined: February 28th, 2017, 3:02 pm
Location: Warkworth, New Zealand

Post by graynz » July 5th, 2017, 10:26 pm

Hi Lynnet

Can I do Sections 7 and 8 please?

Gray

(Graynz)

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12594
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 7th, 2017, 5:16 am

graynz wrote:Hi Lynnet

Can I do Sections 7 and 8 please?

Gray

(Graynz)
Of course
Help us finish:

Pantropheon 6 sections remaining


Mysteries of London Vol. 3 many sections remaining

graynz
Posts: 36
Joined: February 28th, 2017, 3:02 pm
Location: Warkworth, New Zealand

Post by graynz » July 7th, 2017, 2:05 pm

Thank you Lynnet

What do I do about footnotes? There is one at the end of Chapter 7 - referenced from the first page of the chapter. Do I read it? If so do I read it at the end of the chapter or where it is referenced on the first page?

Thank you for being there to ask.

Cheers

Gray
(Graynz)

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12594
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » July 7th, 2017, 10:06 pm

graynz wrote:Thank you Lynnet

What do I do about footnotes? There is one at the end of Chapter 7 - referenced from the first page of the chapter. Do I read it? If so do I read it at the end of the chapter or where it is referenced on the first page?

Thank you for being there to ask.

Cheers

Gray
(Graynz)
Well, I wasn't exactly here to ask :roll: I was traveling and arrived home about half an hour ago. But to answer your question... Every project is different, so please don't take what I say here as gospel for every project you ever work on.
My own view is that footnotes should be omitted in works of fiction except in exceptional circumstances (and those circumstances are at the reader's discretion).
If you do decide to read them, they should be read at the end of the sentence to which they refer and say "Footnote... x,y,z... end footnote".
Hope that helps a bit.
Help us finish:

Pantropheon 6 sections remaining


Mysteries of London Vol. 3 many sections remaining

Post Reply