[COMPLETE][RELIGIOUS FIC]The Cloister and the Hearth by Charles Reade - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'll move this to book suggestions while you make up your mind which of the database entries you will be using

Anne
ej400

Post by ej400 »

annise wrote: June 20th, 2019, 3:57 pm I'll move this to book suggestions while you make up your mind which of the database entries you will be using

Anne
Alright final answer: I'll BC this as a group project, claim like 3 chapters, and DPL the rest. This is my decision, and what I'd like to do. I've made up my mind. I apologize for the confusion.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I can't MC it - but I've given you MW access - maybe tidying it all up a bit would be an idea before it's moved into the launch pad ( I enjoyed the book when I read it, I'm surprised it isn't already in the catalogue

Anne
ej400

Post by ej400 »

annise wrote: June 20th, 2019, 10:15 pm I can't MC it - but I've given you MW access - maybe tidying it all up a bit would be an idea before it's moved into the launch pad ( I enjoyed the book when I read it, I'm surprised it isn't already in the catalogue

Anne
Thank you Anne!
ej400

Post by ej400 »

annise wrote: June 20th, 2019, 10:15 pm I can't MC it - but I've given you MW access - maybe tidying it all up a bit would be an idea before it's moved into the launch pad ( I enjoyed the book when I read it, I'm surprised it isn't already in the catalogue

Anne
Whenever I link the BC admin link, it just pulls up a search for projects page :help:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

sorry, try again

Anne
ej400

Post by ej400 »

annise wrote: June 21st, 2019, 2:57 pm sorry, try again

Anne
No worries, it worked this time. Thank you Anne!
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Chapter breaks

Chapter 24 part 1
FROM the beginning of Chapter 24 TO "Thus instinct was outwitted, and victorious Reason lay chuckling on feathers, and not quite choked with dust"

Chapter 24 part 2
FROM "At peep of day Gerard rose, flung the feather bed upon his snoring companion, and went in search of milk and air" TO the end of Chapter 24

Chapter 33 part 1
FROM the beginning of Chapter 33 TO "Denys it would seem had found the mind his consigne fitted"

Chapter 33 part 2
FROM "While he was roaring with laughter at its unexpected success and Gerard's amazement, a little hand pulled his jerkin" TO the end of Chapter 33

Chapter 37 part 1
FROM the beginning of Chapter 37 TO “should she betray them, and that this terrible threat, and not the mere fear of death, had glued her lips”

Chapter 37 part 2
FROM The other thieves were condemned to be hanged, and the landlord to be broken on the wheel” TO the end of Chapter 37

Chapter 96 part 1
FROM The beginning of Chapter 96 TO “Well, in about six months, Heaven knows how, he not only tamed Jack, but won his affections to such a degree, that Jack would come running to his whistle like a dog”

Chapter 96 part 2
FROM “One day, having taken shelter from a shower on the stone settle outside a certain public-house” TO the end of Chapter 96
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I have added all the word counts in. I guess I'll DPL. So were ready for the Launch Pad
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Elijah, if you'd like to run this as a group project, it would be a good idea to come up with some sort of summary to attract readers (we can change this before cataloging).

Right now, when I look at this project, it's "book with marginally interesting title by guy I never heard of, chapter x". :lol: Even if I read fiction, I would pass on this one. :wink:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Availle wrote: June 29th, 2019, 5:07 pm Elijah, if you'd like to run this as a group project, it would be a good idea to come up with some sort of summary to attract readers (we can change this before cataloging).

Right now, when I look at this project, it's "book with marginally interesting title by guy I never heard of, chapter x". :lol: Even if I read fiction, I would pass on this one. :wink:
Your right. I haven't really thought of adding a summary yet. I'll do that tomorrow
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sounds like an interesting storyline. Careful you don't give too many spoilers already :lol:

I can MC this, then you can start. So you will be DPL, correct ?

I changed "Chapter" to "Section" in your intro, because some chapters are split.

So I can move us to Readers Wanted: Books now :)

Sonia
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Kitty wrote: July 2nd, 2019, 1:58 am sounds like an interesting storyline. Careful you don't give too many spoilers already :lol:

I can MC this, then you can start. So you will be DPL, correct ?

I changed "Chapter" to "Section" in your intro, because some chapters are split.

So I can move us to Readers Wanted: Books now :)

Sonia
Oh awesome, thank you so much Sonia!
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

I won’t be able to start on them until I get back from vacation but can I claim sections 1-3?
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919