COMPLETE The Notebooks of Samuel Butler -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ekmcwilliams

Post by ekmcwilliams »

I would like to complete this book and do sections 3,4,6,7,8,9,12,13,,14,15,16,17,18,19,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34--since I love this type of 'notes in vivo' book. However, I'm new.

Maybe it'd make sense to sign me up for 33 and 34 (I love poems), and then I'll just follow this book and make sure it gets completed.
ekmcwilliams

Post by ekmcwilliams »

As a note as to the poem in ancient greek, I did have a brief period of learning Ancient Greek and I could review it to try to do justice to the pronunciation and try to emphasize it as to its meaning--that is, try to translate it first, then read it as I understand it.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi evan, welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to participate in this project :thumbs: id prefer to sign you up for a couple of sections at a time, so lets start with the poems and take it from there :) concerning translations, we only read the text as it is and dont add anything, even translations like this. So thank you for the offer but sadly we have to leave the listeners to their own devices.

To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

Also, please complete the one minute test before getting started :)
Carolin
ekmcwilliams

Post by ekmcwilliams »

Oh! I didn't mean read out a translation--just to try to read the Greek in a dramatic eay that emphasizes the flow of the narrative. I don't know yet, but maybe the poem is grieving in tone or polemical even! I could try to read the Greek with that tone and give it some kind of life in a "voice crying out in the wilderness" kind of way! But yes, let's do the poems! Thanks for the welcome!
ekmcwilliams

Post by ekmcwilliams »

In the catalogue, Khalil McWilliams would be best.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Ah, great. Of course you can read the poems in a dramatic fashion if you think it fits the text.

I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/12020

Dont forget to complete the one minute test before getting started! Thank you!
Carolin
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

I can DPL for you, if one is still needed Carolin.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thats great, thank you so much kristin :D
Carolin
paintedcameleon

Post by paintedcameleon »

Hi Carolin!

So glad you uploaded this project. I couldn't even decide which part to claim, the whole book is amazing!

I would like to have a go at sections 2 and 3.

3 Lord, What is Man? 4,700 Open
4 Elementary Morality 4,400 Open

I am new to LV, have passed my 1 minute test the other day.
catalog name: paintedcameleon.

Will wait for your answer, thank you so much in advance!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi and welcome to librivox and to this project :)

you are welcome to read those sections. i have signed you up, and you are welcome to get started right away!
Carolin
paintedcameleon

Post by paintedcameleon »

Thank you, will begin today! I have already rehearsed parts of it. his is some amazing wriiting!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:thumbs:
Carolin
rebeccanance

Post by rebeccanance »

Hi Carolin,

I'm now to librivox, but I've passed my one minute test and would love to start with 15 Cash and Credit, and 16 the Enfant Terrible of Literature. I do have one quick question, though. Are we referring to the sections as chapters or sections?

Thanks,
Rebecca
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi rebecca, welcome to librivox and to this project :thumbs:

You are welcome to read those sections. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

I see you have already completed your one minute test, so you can get started right away :thumbs:

We use the word section in the intros anc outros of this project, it fits better :) thank you!
Carolin
rebeccanance

Post by rebeccanance »

Thanks Carolin, I'll just go by Rebecca N, please.