[COMPLETE]The Deluge (vol 2) by Henryk Sienkiewicz [HIST NOVEL]-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HannaPonomarenko

Post by HannaPonomarenko »

Hi! Do we say chapter numbers as Romanian ones, for example I have "fifty fifth", of as Arabian ones "fifty five" for intro and outro?
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: November 11th, 2020, 5:27 pm Hi! Do we say chapter numbers as Romanian ones, for example I have "fifty fifth", of as Arabian ones "fifty five" for intro and outro?
Chapter fifty-five.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just do remember you are reading for an English speaking audience so if there are choices pick the most English sounding one :D
But as long is it is understandable it's OK

Anne
simonettix

Post by simonettix »

Hi!

Quite a while ago I read and uploaded sections 7 and 8, but some technical problems prevented those recordings from being saved. Because of some personal problems I have been absent from librivox for more than a year. Looking though my files I happened to rediscover those recordings. Since I have noticed that section 8 is still open, will it still be of use if I claim section 8 and reupload the recording now?

Looking forward for your reply,
Best regards,
Simona
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Sure, I re-assigned section 8 to you. Don't delete section 7 yet, either, if you still have it. If the current reader doesn't reply to my PM within a few days, we'll be able to use your file.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
simonettix

Post by simonettix »

Thank you!
Here is the link to the recording for section 8:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/deluge2_08_sienkiewicz_128kb.mp3

I am looking forward for the feedback.
Best regards,
Simona
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

This is PL OK!
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Sections 7, 16, 22, 23 have been orphaned. Any takers?
simonettix wrote: November 15th, 2020, 12:50 am Hi!

Quite a while ago I read and uploaded sections 7 and 8, but some technical problems prevented those recordings from being saved. Because of some personal problems I have been absent from librivox for more than a year. Looking though my files I happened to rediscover those recordings. Since I have noticed that section 8 is still open, will it still be of use if I claim section 8 and reupload the recording now?

Best regards,
Simona
If you still have section 7, see above. :)
HannaPonomarenko

Hi!
I have a phrase "On the road they were to visit the church; for that was the anniversary of the battle of
Volmontovichi, in which they were saved from the last straits by the coming of Babinich." in Ch LV.
Could you please tell me why didn't they see Babinich's face and provide the page or Ch # where it's said?

Thanks)
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

HannaPonomarenko wrote: November 21st, 2020, 12:12 pm Hi!
I have a phrase "On the road they were to visit the church; for that was the anniversary of the battle of
Volmontovichi, in which they were saved from the last straits by the coming of Babinich." in Ch LV.
Could you please tell me why didn't they see Babinich's face and provide the page or Ch # where it's said?

Thanks)
I haven't read the book for years, and certainly not in English, so I can't help you. Does that make it harder for you to record?
HannaPonomarenko

Piotrek81 wrote: November 21st, 2020, 12:21 pm
HannaPonomarenko wrote: November 21st, 2020, 12:12 pm Hi!

Thanks)
I haven't read the book for years, and certainly not in English, so I can't help you. Does that make it harder for you to record?
No, I think I'll manage. Thanks
simonettix

Post by simonettix »

Piotrek81 wrote: November 20th, 2020, 10:22 am Sections 7, 16, 22, 23 have been orphaned. Any takers?
simonettix wrote: November 15th, 2020, 12:50 am Hi!

Best regards,
Simona
If you still have section 7, see above. :)
Hello!
I have just uploaded section 7 (duration 33:02 min):
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/deluge2_07_sienkiewicz_128kb.mp3
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Added to the MW.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Section 7 is PL OK!