[COMPLETE]The Deluge (vol 2) by Henryk Sienkiewicz [HIST NOVEL]-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Sections 30 and 31 are PL OK! :thumbs: :thumbs:
DavidYoung

Post by DavidYoung »

May I claim Chapter XXVIII (Chapter 28), please?
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

DavidYoung wrote: May 19th, 2020, 4:41 am May I claim Chapter XXVIII (Chapter 28), please?
Yes, you may :) I've put your claim in the MW. Have fun.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
DavidYoung

Post by DavidYoung »

Could I have clarification on a pronunciation issue with this text?

Is the idea that we read it with the Anglicised pronunciation of the translation? The reason I ask is that Polish is my second language, and if you prefer me to say, for example, Zamość (which sounds 'ZAM oshch') instead of Zamost or any other cases where the original has been altered to fit English spelling, that would be no problem.

Which one would you prefer?
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Whichever one you feel more comfortable with. Polish is my my first language so I'd obviousy choose Zamość, but I'm leaving it to every individual reader's discretion.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
DavidYoung

Post by DavidYoung »

OK. Thanks for the information.
DavidYoung

Post by DavidYoung »

DavidYoung

Post by DavidYoung »

May I do Chapters 29 and 30 as well?
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Chapters 29 and 30 have been assigned to you :)

As for 28, please remember to put the number of the section in (first column in the MW) rather than the number of the chapter. There has already been a section with "28" in the file name. In your case, you've just completed section 32, and have just claimed sections 33 and 34. :)
DavidYoung

Post by DavidYoung »

Sorry about that. Here is the correctly named file:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/deluge2_32_sienkiewicz_128kb.mp3

Have I now broken something regarding the numbering of the real file 28? If so, is there a way to fix it?
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

The real file 28 is still there, no fear. :) The system renames it to avoid over-writing. I don't know the details.
Another thing, please always give the file duration when posting. In that case, I filled it for you in the MW, but from now on, please remember about it :)

Have fun with the further sections.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Chapter 28 (section 32) is PL OK! Nicely read, I enjoyed it. Thanks!

Let Anne know about section 28, so she can restore it, in case she didn't see this discussion?
DavidYoung

Post by DavidYoung »

How do I pass a message to Anne concerning the business with the renumbering of section 28? There is an 'anne' in the database of members, but that is someone who was last active six years ago, and there isn't a user with the name 'anise' either.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Our MC is annise. You can just go to any of her posts (e.g at the beginning of the thread) and click "contact" on the right under the username. Having said that, I've already messaged her. :)
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Sections 7 and 8 are available again as MajorHistory sent me a PM to return the sections to the pool.