[COMPLETE]The Deluge (vol 2) by Henryk Sienkiewicz [HIST NOVEL]-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

The Deluge (vol 2) by Henryk Sienkiewicz (1846 - 1916). Translated by Jeremiah Curtin (1835 - 1906)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalogue page:https://librivox.org/the-deluge-volume-2-by-henryk-sienkiewicz/
The Deluge (Polish: Potop) is a historical novel by the Polish author Henryk Sienkiewicz, published in 1886. It is the second volume of a three-volume series known to Poles as "the Trilogy," having been preceded by With Fire and Sword (Ogniem i mieczem, 1884) and followed by Fire in the Steppe (Pan Wołodyjowski, 1886). The novel tells a story of a fictional Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth soldier and noble Andrzej Kmicic and shows a panorama of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth during the Swedish invasion of Poland known in the Polish tradtion as „Potop” (hence the title). Kmita is a patriot who, nevertheless, unexpectedly and unwittingly finds himself on the wrong side of the conflict as a new war starts to ravage the already weakened Commonwealth. This decision costs him dearly as his beloved Olenka now sees him as a traitor. This is an epic panorama of a country that is torn not only by a war with the external enemy, but also by a struggle with unscrupulous nobles who use their country's plight as an opportunity to magnify their power and zone of influence even if that means siding with the enemy. On the other hand we also see valiant soldiers, who, both with their swords and their wits, fight to expel the invading army. ( Wikipedia and Piotr Nater)
  • PLEASE NOTE THAT SEVERAL OF THE CHAPTERS SPAN MORE THAN ONE SECTION. LOOK TWICE AT THE MW TO AVOID MISUNDERSTANDING WHEN CLAIMING

1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/37308
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================
      This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
      • ============================================

Genres for the project: Historical Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: history, romance, war, poland
      • BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
        Channels: 1 (Mono)
        Bit Rate: 128 kbps
        Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
      • DURING recording:
        No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
        Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
        START of recording (Intro)
        • "Chapter [number] of The Deluge (vol 2). This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
        • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
        • Say:
          "The Deluge (vol 2), by Henryk Sienkiewicz. Translated by Jeremiah Curtin [Chapter]"

END of recording
        • At the end of the section, say:
          "End of Chapter [number]"
        • If you wish, say:
          "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
        • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
          "End of The Deluge (vol 2), by Henryk Sienkiewicz. Translated by Jeremiah Curtin"

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
      • AFTER recording
        Need noise-cleaning?
        Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
        Save files as
        128 kbps MP3
        deluge2_##_sienkiewicz_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. deluge2_01_sienkiewicz_128kb.mp3)

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
        Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
        • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
          (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
        • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: annise
        • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
        • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
        Please post below
Last edited by Piotrek81 on May 7th, 2021, 11:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Here's the second volume of "The Deluge". Another 4-year-long project :P
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

This time all those who listen to vol 1 wil join up so it will finish quicker perhaps :D
I'll set it up. Back soon
Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All yours .

Anne
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Welcome onboard. Thank you :)

Chapter wordcounts are in the MW.

Dear readers: PLEASE NOTE THAT AS I HAVEN'T YET FIGURED OUT HOW TO DIVIDE THE LONG CHAPTERS, I'LL ASK YOU TO EITHER CHOOSE THE SHORTER ONES FOR THE TIME BEING OR CLAIM LONGER ONES IN THEIR ENTIRETY. THIS WAY YOU'LL BE ABLE TO DIVIDE THEM AS YOU SEE FIT
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

The info how to divide the initial long chapters is now in the MW.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

May I read sections 1-6, please?
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

WOW! A reader :shock:

<rolls out red carpet>

Be my guest. Of course you can :D Many thanks.
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

In the MW :) I'll put the "PL sought" notice" asap. If we don't get anyone over the weekend, I'll PL it.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

If I may join the team again, Section 1 is PL OK :D
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Welcome onboard :)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I meant to offer sooner, then forgot, then I saw the new recording and downloaded, but sorry I didn't save you the trouble of creating a PL-ad etc.

Thanks for the welcome! :D
simonettix

Post by simonettix »

Hi! Can I try to read parts 7,8,9?
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Sure you can :thumbs: I've given you the sections.