COMPLETE: The American Book of The Dog -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

I see this book is still in progress, may I claim a few more chapters? I would like 8, 10, and 22 if possible. Thanks! :)

Jill
msfry

Post by msfry »

8, 10 and 22 are yours! Thanks.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 34 was uploaded some days ago -- The Collie

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanbookofthedog_34_various_128kb.mp3 18:15

I will need a proof listener.
Timokles

Post by Timokles »

I would like to record section 2. (Jonah Angell)
msfry

Post by msfry »

Timokles wrote: February 13th, 2018, 11:25 am I would like to record section 2. (Jonah Angell)
Hello, Jonah. Before recording on a Librivox project, we request you to submit a 1 minute test as explained in your welcome letter, also here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
This is not a "talent audition" but helps us help you set up the parameters of your recording software correctly to meet LV specifications. Once you submit your test and it receives an OK from one of our admins, post notice here and you are ready to begin.

The section you wish to claim, Chapter 2, is 22 pages, about 45 minutes long. That shouldn't pose a problem if you are experienced with recording and editing audio tracks. Just follow the instructions in the First Post for how to introduce, end, name and upload your files. A proof listener will be assigned to listen to your files and return notes of any changes required.

If you are new to recording, however, Librivox offers many excellent video tutorials on how to lay down track and edit your files using Audacity, here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos
I recommend you refer to these as you practice reading and editing a few shorter sections (under 1000 words) first. This project has a few shorter sections left (8-12 pages). Other collaborative projects may have short sections, and there is always an ongoing Short Poetry Collection, and children's books, etc. You could also submit your own short piece to the current Short Story Collection or Short Non-Fiction Collection.

Meanwhile, I'll hold Section 2 in reserve for you. Thanks for volunteering, wishing you every success, and I hope to hear back from you soon!
JoshuaDickey

Post by JoshuaDickey »

Section 13 finished. Sorry it took so long. Will be working on my other sections this weekend.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanbookofthedog_13_various128kb.mp3

Length : 11:15
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 13

Nice job, Joshua, and a pleasure to listen to. Just a few things need your attention:

9:29 "wavy and even shaggy coats,", shaggy is missing
10:28 "This fault is con-spic-u-ous", I hear con-spish-us
OUTRO: needs 5 seconds of silence at the end.

And lastly, when you re-upload the corrected file, please rename it:

americanbookofthedog_13_various_128kb
(which includes an underline after "various"), rather than
americanbookofthedog_13_various128kb

TIP: It helps avoid typing errors if you copy and paste your file names directly from the First Post, then just change the Section Number and save as an mp3.

Again, nice job! :thumbs:
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

I’ll take sections 2 and 7.
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
msfry

Post by msfry »

sjmarky wrote: February 26th, 2018, 7:15 pm I’ll take sections 2 and 7.
2 is reserved (see Notes) but I've put you in for 7. :D
luketmorrison98

Post by luketmorrison98 »

I would like to record section 23. (Luke Morrison)
msfry

Post by msfry »

Hello, Luke. Welcome to Librivox. I will be happy to reserve Section 23 for you. But first, I presume you got the Welcome Letter and have read the instructions there, as well as followed links to all the great tips. Before recording for a project, we'd like you to follow directions for submitting the 1-minute test, When your 1 minute test is approved, post notice here, then you may begin your recording. There are plenty of links to follow to learn more about recording and editing.

I also recommend you go to our New Here, Introduce Yourself forum and tell us a bit about yourself and your recording setup. (Click on Board Index in the menu bar above). You may already be an experienced audio recorder, but if not, The Bedlington Terrior (8 pages), is a good length for a beginner. And we are here to help you.
luketmorrison98

Post by luketmorrison98 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_luketmorrison98.mp3

I know I was supposed to post a test on the listeners and editors wanted page, but I wasn't entirely sure if I needed one here. If so, here it is. Thanks!
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
JoshuaDickey

Post by JoshuaDickey »

Section 13 corrections made. Let me know if anything else needs corrected. I will complete my other sections soon.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Joshua

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanbookofthedog_13_various_128kb.mp3
msfry

Post by msfry »

luketmorrison98 wrote: March 6th, 2018, 3:13 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_luketmorrison98.mp3

I know I was supposed to post a test on the listeners and editors wanted page, but I wasn't entirely sure if I needed one here. If so, here it is. Thanks!
Hi again, Luke. I listened to your test, your tech specs check out and it sounds fine. So I think you are ready to go ahead and start recording. Section 23 awaits you. Just pay close attention to instructions in the First Post about what to say for your Intro, and Outro, and when it comes time to save your file, I recommend you copy and paste it from the First Post, just changing the Section #. It's so easy to make a mistake typing.

One recording tip I could offer: When you begin recording, just keep on talking. If you make a mistake or don't like the delivery of a phrase, just say it again, with some overlap of words if possible so you can splice in the most natural sound later. No need to distract yourself with a click or clap or saying repeat when you er. Just keep going. And if you hear a dog bark or motorcycle go by, just wait for it to end then pick up again. I've recorded whole sections in between periodic bird songs outside my window.

Before I can put you in the Magic Window for the first time, you will need to choose a Catalog Name, which can be your username, your Real Name, or another name by which people can look you up in our cataloged books. This name will appear by every section you read in any of our projects. For example, my username is msfry, my Real Name is Michele Fry, and I use my Real Name for catalogued works so friends and family can find me in the catalog, and on archive.org