COMPLETE: The American Book of The Dog -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

23 is PL AOK :thumbs:
HayleyM

Post by HayleyM »

Section 33 is complete and ready for checking. File duration 17:22.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanbookofthedog_33_various_128kb.mp3
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL NOTES SECTION 33

13:50 and 14:03 repeat "The coat, the all-important, must be long - the longer the better -- from seven to eleven inches on a dog standing no more than seven inches high at shoulder,"

Overall volume OK at 89.3, but it stairsteps up as the recording progresses, noticeably increasing at 7:33. Not sure why this occurs (happens to me too), maybe your distance from the mike? No need to correct on this file but just making you aware of it. And if you do wish to correct, it's easy enough in Audacity to experiment with the Amplify Effect in +1 or -1 increments. One day I'll master the Normalize Effect too. :roll:

Great line: "A dog needs a court costume as much as a man, if he is to be presented to royalty!"
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 27 PL Notes

Wow, Colleen. 45 minutes of tedious recording, and only one PL Note!

16:28 repeat "Unfortunately"

No problem at all with the background noise that you seemed concerned about. Wonderful job! :clap:
msfry

Post by msfry »

In summary, we now have only 7 sections remaining Open out of 49 - 6/7th of the way through. Two of them are short enough for newbies to cut their teeth on, the others are considerably longer. Let's see if we can attract some experienced readers to grab the longer sections and help me finish up this project. It's been going on since March 2017!!
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

msfry wrote: June 9th, 2018, 5:15 pm Section 27 PL Notes

Wow, Colleen. 45 minutes of tedious recording, and only one PL Note!

16:28 repeat "Unfortunately"

No problem at all with the background noise that you seemed concerned about. Wonderful job! :clap:
Well, that's a relief! I'll get that fixed and posted later today.
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
msfry

Post by msfry »

27 is PL OK. Thank you.
HayleyM

Post by HayleyM »

Section 33 corrected. Repeat removed. Had a go at matching the volume by increasing it a bit for first 7:33, hopefully I didn't just switch the problem to now being a decrease in volume! :p

File duration now shorter at 17:07

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanbookofthedog_33_various_128kb.mp3
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 33 is PL OK. Thanks Hayley. Volume is still stair-stepped but not so noticeably and well within range. :thumbs:
sturnellabird

Post by sturnellabird »

Hello, may I record section 43, The Italian Greyhound?

This will be my first recording. I'd like my catalog name to be Natalia Cox.

I read the post thoroughly, but there is a lot of information to take in on LibriVox! I believe I know what I'm doing, but it seems like everyone is responsive to questions, should I have any.
msfry

Post by msfry »

sturnellabird wrote: July 24th, 2018, 12:54 pm Hello, may I record section 43, The Italian Greyhound?

This will be my first recording. I'd like my catalog name to be Natalia Cox.

I read the post thoroughly, but there is a lot of information to take in on LibriVox! I believe I know what I'm doing, but it seems like everyone is responsive to questions, should I have any.
Hello, Natalia! I've assigned you Section 43, and put your name in out catalog. I look forward to listening, and so glad to have you on the project.
All you need to do is read the First Post carefully and follow all the directions there as to what to say for your Intro, Outro, what to name your file and where to upload it. Then be sure to post the link and file length in this thread so I'll know to listen. Your first recording. How exciting!
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

I would like to read section 22 - Fox Terrier, if I may.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: July 24th, 2018, 5:37 pm I would like to read section 22 - Fox Terrier, if I may.
I've put you in for 22. Thanks. I love Fox Terriers.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Subject: fox terrier chap 22

There is a huge multi-page linage chart which I don't know how to record.
I'm inclined to say only "And here in the original is found a family tree of this breed". and leave it at that.

Please give me your guidance.

I don't know how to include a JPG image in this message otherwise I'd show you what I'm talking about.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison