COMPLETE: The American Book of The Dog -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks Joshua, I know your plate is full with that new baby in the house. Excellent job! 38 is PL OK.

P.S. In future, please note the time whenever you re-submit a file, especially if you add or subtract text. Duration has to be entered into the MW before cataloguing. I took care of it this time. :D
JoshuaDickey

Post by JoshuaDickey »

msfry wrote: May 4th, 2018, 8:36 am Thanks Joshua, I know your plate is full with that new baby in the house. Excellent job! 38 is PL OK.

P.S. In future, please note the time whenever you re-submit a file, especially if you add or subtract text. Duration has to be entered into the MW before cataloguing. I took care of it this time. :D
Thank you for that. I will remember for the future.
msfry

Post by msfry »

JoshuaDickey wrote: May 4th, 2018, 10:14 pm Thank you for that. I will remember for the future.
I certinly hope you find time for a future with LV, Mommy and baby's needs permitting. Your voice is rich, your personality sparkly, I know our listeners will enjoy you. You are a jewel in our crown . . . . . (yes I am the effusive sort, the point being I hope to see you around the LV playground). :clap:
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

I would like to claim sections 24 and 27(Irish Terrier and Yorkshire Terrier)

Thanks!
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
msfry

Post by msfry »

ColleenMc wrote: May 9th, 2018, 4:17 pm I would like to claim sections 24 and 27(Irish Terrier and Yorkshire Terrier)

Thanks!
Hello, Colleen. Welcome to the project. I'll go right now and put you in the MW for 24 and 27.
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Hello.

May I release my claims of sections 08, 09, and 22? I have the best of intentions to get them done but RL has been keeping me busy and it shows no signs of letting up. I've held on to them long enough and it's time for me to admit to myself that I'm not going to have time to record and edit them. I'm glad to have been part of this project on my other completed sections. Thank you!

Jill
msfry

Post by msfry »

Of course, Jill. No problem. Glad to have had you join the project and add 3 hearty sections.
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 31 - Skye Terrier

2:30 dog type Aberdineshires, you say Aberdines
3:16 who originally came from, who is missing
4:14 - 6:16 volume increases noticeably. I would Effect/Amplify -2
10:55 - 11:39 it sounds like someone else is recording. I fiddled with it just for fun, and found that by applying Effect/Change Pitch +.75, it blended in much better. Your choice whether to adjust this, of course, but it's a good effect to know about.
13:44 missing phrase: "close to the cheek, "and in the prick-eared variety they should stand up well, without any"
14:26 should say "shoulders strong and rather upright".
16:01 often so as to completely conceal them, often is missing.
13:40 to end, volume drops noticably. I would Effect/Amplify +2.5
tommack

Post by tommack »

Michele,

Here is the revised chapter 31 The Skye Terrier

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/ameicanbookofthedog_31_various_128kb.mp3

length now 18:37

Tom
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks Tom. 31 is PL OK. :thumbs:
HayleyM

Post by HayleyM »

msfry

Post by msfry »

Question for Jo:
Each chapter has a different author, some prominent in the dog world during that period. I would like to credit them in the catalog. May I, and if so, how do I do that?
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 20 is uploaded: The Cocker Spaniel

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanbookofthedog_20_various_128kb.mp3 46:56

Tom are you still up for PL'ing this section? It's a long one.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 26 is PL PERFECT-O! You did a great job on this, Hayley . . . . . your first recording for LV! :clap:
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

msfry wrote: May 19th, 2018, 7:32 am Question for Jo:
Each chapter has a different author, some prominent in the dog world during that period. I would like to credit them in the catalog. May I, and if so, how do I do that?
Are they included in the recordings? That might be good enough, but if you want to mention a few of the more well-known chapter authors, you can add something in the summary. For example - Many prominent breeders contributed chapters to this book, including X, Y, Z, etc.

Alternately, while we generally prefer not do this routinely for various reasons, you can add the chapter authors to the titles in the section compiler. If you opt for this, to keep the intros consistent, you will need to wait until all the files are in. Also, I would prefer that you leave the titles as is until the project is validated, since whatever is in the title field of the section compiler will become the title ID tag on the files. You can PM me if you have questions or to discuss further.
Jo