COMPLETE: The American Book of The Dog -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Sorry, this post somehow slipped by me. I will PL your section very soon.
msfry

Post by msfry »

JoshuaDickey wrote: March 17th, 2018, 10:28 pm Section 13 corrections made. Let me know if anything else needs corrected. I will complete my other sections soon.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Joshua

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanbookofthedog_13_various_128kb.mp3
Great edits, Joshua, and correct file name. Now the only problem is the Outro has been removed:
"End of Section 13. Recording by Joshua Dickey"
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 12 has been uploaded. The Bloodhound

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanbookofthedog_12_various_128kb.mp3 43:46

I need a prooflistener, in case anyone receiving this is able to help.
Edit: Prooflistener found.
Last edited by msfry on April 11th, 2018, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 7 - The Greyhound, is PL OK.

Excellent presentation, Mark, especially with all those detailed coursing rules spelled out. Well done!

But really, in preparing for the bench, the author recommends each dog receive "3 half hour massages per day, followed by brisk brushing with a stiff hairbrush then rub with a chamois cloth; training morning and evening, plus run the dog for a full hour over a 20 mile stretch daily." Per dog! Does this leave greyhound breeders with time to do anything else whatever?

I watched a few YouTube videos to assuage my curiosity of the difference between Greyhound Coursing and Derby Racing -- two very different sports. Wow, those dogs run fast and the crowds go wild! Here's one video interviewing the owners, and the crowds, with beautiful close-ups of the dogs who won the Derby, and their running in slow motion. Thought you might want to see this.

2017 Irish Derby Final
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFWgKd13_cE 8:06
Crowburg

Post by Crowburg »

Hi MsFry, thank you for the nice welcome! I will take section 43, The Italian Greyhound. I read the chapter. How does a reader handle footnotes? Are they read aloud or referred to in a standard way? There is also a chart with two columns in two sections, please let me know your preferences on reading the chart.

I would like to be shown as “crowburg” Thank you.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Crowburg wrote: March 21st, 2018, 4:04 am Hi MsFry, thank you for the nice welcome! I will take section 43, The Italian Greyhound. I read the chapter. How does a reader handle footnotes? Are they read aloud or referred to in a standard way? There is also a chart with two columns in two sections, please let me know your preferences on reading the chart.

I would like to be shown as “crowburg” Thank you.
I've put you into our catalog as "crowburg" without a capital C. and into our Magic Window (MW) on Page 1 as claiming Section 43 on 3/21. All the instructions for how to recite your Intro and Outro are included in the First Post, as well as what to name your saved file (which I recommend you copy and paste) and how/where to upload it once you are satisfied with your recording. Copy the link the uploader gives you and paste it into a Reply message here, along with the file length. Our Proof Listener, in this case me, will listen to it and come back with any PL Notes you may need to attend to. You should begin receiving email notification of all posts in any project you are involved with. If not, you may need to "subscribe topic" in the upper corner of the page.

Thank you for joining in. A few tips:

Footnotes: Unless the First Post designates what to do with footnotes, it is reader's discretion. Personally, I only include them if I think they add significant interest or clarity to the text. You say something like "Footnote ... end of footnote".

Photo Captions:
You may say (again only if it adds significant interest) at an appropriate spot within the text: "Here included is a photo of ... read caption". With audio books there is a distinct lack of visuals, but we aren't allowed to add text that isn't there except to announce what the caption refers to.

Chart: I would read the chart as follows:
Head.... Value 5, Neck... 5, Ears and eyes.... 5, etc. Total ...100
JoshuaDickey

Post by JoshuaDickey »

msfry wrote: March 18th, 2018, 8:23 am
JoshuaDickey wrote: March 17th, 2018, 10:28 pm Section 13 corrections made. Let me know if anything else needs corrected. I will complete my other sections soon.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Joshua

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/americanbookofthedog_13_various_128kb.mp3
Great edits, Joshua, and correct file name. Now the only problem is the Outro has been removed:
"End of Section 13. Recording by Joshua Dickey"
Not sure how that happened but I fixed it. The now completed file is uploaded again. I apologize for all the trouble.

msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 13 is PL OK.

Nudging each book forward to a state of completion just requires patience, perseverance, and attention to many details, no different from any other construction project. So there's no need to apologize. You've done what's required on this chapter, Joshua, and I hope you will add your rich and pleasant voice to more LV projects. :thumbs:
JoshuaDickey

Post by JoshuaDickey »

msfry

Post by msfry »

39 The Newfoundland, has been relinquished and is available for claiming.
tommack

Post by tommack »

I'd like to read section 39 The Newfoundland

tommack
msfry

Post by msfry »

tommack wrote: April 3rd, 2018, 3:24 pm I'd like to read section 39 The Newfoundland

tommack
You are most welcome to it, and welcome back. Let me hop over to the MW forthwith and enter your name! :D
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Hello there!

I'm wondering if I might have an extension on my sections? I'd still very much like to do them but I understand if you'd rather give them to someone else who might be able to complete them more quickly than me. Thanks for considering!

Jill
msfry

Post by msfry »

jillebean wrote: April 4th, 2018, 11:27 pm Hello there!

I'm wondering if I might have an extension on my sections? I'd still very much like to do them but I understand if you'd rather give them to someone else who might be able to complete them more quickly than me. Thanks for considering!

Jill
There are many sections left to record on this project, so no rush to finish yours. Thanks for checking in, Jill, glad to have you aboard, and I look forward to learning about the Deer Hound, Basset Hound and Fox Terrier!
tommack

Post by tommack »

I'll read sections 32 and 45 if they're still available

tommack