[COMPLETE] Mrs. Dymond by Thackeray Ritchi - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello kdixon,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Sections 11 and 12 are all yours. I see that you submited a test recording and you spesephyed which name and url to use in the catalogue, so you are good to go. Have fun,
Stav.
P.S. If you have any questions, just ask.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Parrott22

Post by Parrott22 »

Hello,

Please can I read Section 13?

Thanks,
Hannah
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

kdixon wrote:Hello!
I am new to Librivox and have gotten good feedback from a test I submitted.
I'd like to record Sections 11 and 12 for this book if possible.
I am happy to submit a small sample of it before undertaking the full chapters.
You can use my username: kdixon and my URL: kimdixonvoices.com
Thanks!
Here is your reader's page : https://librivox.org/reader/12137 -- you can use it to keep track of your claims and recordings you have submitted. Welcome on board!
Kathrine
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure, Hannah. Section 13 is all yours.

Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
kdixon

Post by kdixon »

Kathrine,
Please check out this incomplete read on Section 11 for me and give me feedback before I continue with the full recording.
I am new at this so I want to make sure I am doing it correctly. Thanks, Kim

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/ ... _128kb.mp3
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Hello Kim,

The incomplete recording of your chapter sounds good to me! I like your pacing and way of reading, and your intro/outro sound correct. :D

There is one thing to fix/figure out, namely the volume. It is very low (about 65 dB). I just had a look at your test recording, where the volume is in the good register, about 89-90 dB. Did you change settings on your microphone or in the program you use to record? If you use Audacity, did you make sure your (external) microphone was selected before starting? If you use Audacity, the blue squiggly lines in the middle of the track should look something like this. If the blue squiggly lines are only very close to the mid-line, the volume is too soft.

I tried amplifying this little snippet to make the volume high enough, and that is absolutely possible to do. It requires an extra step after you finish, but it is not hard. So you can keep recording the way you have it set up now, or you can start afresh with this section and a higher input volume.

Please ask for clarifications if I was confusing! :roll:
Kathrine
kdixon

Post by kdixon »

Kathrine,
For the test recording, I normalized the recording whereas with this incomplete reading of Mrs. Dymond I did not. :oops:
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

I haven't played enough with the normalizer to know if that would explain the difference in volume. In any case, you can keep going from where you stopped in the incomplete recording, or you can start again. Either way you will be able to adjust volume after recording. :thumbs:
Kathrine
Roohi

Post by Roohi »

Can I do sections 16 and 17 for a start?
Regards
Roohi
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

How wonderful to see you here. Sections 16 and 17 are all yours. Have a lot of fun.
Stav.
Roohi

Post by Roohi »

Thanks
Regards
Roohi
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

mw is updated
Kathrine
kdixon

Post by kdixon »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks, Kim. Can you tell us it's duration?
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

I'm trying to update the MW, but my wifi is so unreliable that I can't do so right now. Jim, are you able to put the link for chapter 11 into the MW for me?
Kathrine