LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 18th, 2017, 5:59 am


Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 7 of 16  [ 228 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next

Author Message
Offline
Post Posted:: April 2nd, 2017, 4:35 pm 

Joined: April 25th, 2014, 5:50 pm
Posts: 14
Location: Yorkshire, England
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/theoryofcolours_32_goethe_128kb.mp3

Section 32, 09.43 duration

2nd submission,
Chris Gray


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 2nd, 2017, 6:12 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 11503
Location: Oregon, United States
ChrisG wrote:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/theoryofcolours_32_goethe_128kb.mp3

Section 32, 09.43 duration

2nd submission,
Chris Gray

Thank you.

_________________
Help us finish:

The Last Egyptian 14 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 8 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 3rd, 2017, 5:06 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Posts: 6370
Location: Northern Maine
ChrisG wrote:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/theoryofcolours_32_goethe_128kb.mp3

Section 32, 09.43 duration

2nd submission,
Chris Gray


Thank you for making the updates, Chris.
It is pl ok now. :thumbs:

_________________
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 3rd, 2017, 5:08 am 

Joined: April 25th, 2014, 5:50 pm
Posts: 14
Location: Yorkshire, England
Cheers, what is 'pl OK'?

I've printed off the list of sections and will see if there is another I can do.

I tried deleting the 2nd and 3rd posts of that same message when I found those and they seemed to delete.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 3rd, 2017, 5:10 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 11503
Location: Oregon, United States
ChrisG wrote:
Cheers, what is 'pl OK'?

I've printed off the list of sections and will see if there is another I can do.

I tried deleting the 2nd and 3rd posts of that same message when I found those and they seemed to delete.

'PL OK' means your file passes 8-) -- it's been proof listened, and is OK.

_________________
Help us finish:

The Last Egyptian 14 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 8 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 13th, 2017, 5:44 am 

Joined: May 9th, 2016, 11:39 am
Posts: 124
Hello Lynne,
I'm still preparing and working at my section assignment for this project ~
section 10 ~ Part 2 - Physical Colours - Section IX - Diotropical Colours

I would like to have it completed and ready to submit for pl by next week ~
but before I enter into the final recording and edit stage ~
I do have one question regarding the content that I was hoping you could
address and share your opinion with me on.

re. #140
the last word is in parentheses to my research ~according to google translate ~
is greek ~ which I do have great difficulty in pronouncing.
The english meaning is PAINT -
So, I wonder what you would think (to let me know in advance)
if I just went ahead and record the english word and choose not to read 'Note K'.

Thanks,
Sincerely,
jftocanada

ps
also, just for some further clarification ~
Diotropical Colours is actually section 9 (IX)
although the PART II PHYSICAL COLOURS text precedes it.
Do I still read and record the words "NINE ~ DIOPTRICAL COLOURS"
when I reach that point in the text.

& lastly, in #137 ~ do I read and record the parentheses ~ [Pg 57] ?

thanks for your time and insight ~
easier to ask before than require many insert and -re-edits later on.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 13th, 2017, 6:12 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 11503
Location: Oregon, United States
jftocanada wrote:
Hello Lynne,
I'm still preparing and working at my section assignment for this project ~
section 10 ~ Part 2 - Physical Colours - Section IX - Diotropical Colours

I would like to have it completed and ready to submit for pl by next week ~
but before I enter into the final recording and edit stage ~
I do have one question regarding the content that I was hoping you could
address and share your opinion with me on.

re. #140
the last word is in parentheses to my research ~according to google translate ~
is greek ~ which I do have great difficulty in pronouncing.
The english meaning is PAINT -
So, I wonder what you would think (to let me know in advance)
if I just went ahead and record the english word and choose not to read 'Note K'.

Thanks,
Sincerely,
jftocanada

ps
also, just for some further clarification ~
Diotropical Colours is actually section 9 (IX)
although the PART II PHYSICAL COLOURS text precedes it.
Do I still read and record the words "NINE ~ DIOPTRICAL COLOURS"
when I reach that point in the text.

& lastly, in #137 ~ do I read and record the parentheses ~ [Pg 57] ?

thanks for your time and insight ~
easier to ask before than require many insert and -re-edits later on.


Thanks for asking.
As for section 140, I have asked for pronunciation help for βαφή as I have no clue either :shock: but I feel that, if possible, the original, rather than a translation, should be used. But it is quite OK to skip Note K -- footnotes are optional.

As for the section numbering -- yes, please read as the text says. It does seem confusing, but we should attempt to adhere to Goethe's (weird) organization.

For the parentheses - do you mean the actual page numbers? If so, no, you don't read them.

Lynne

_________________
Help us finish:

The Last Egyptian 14 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 8 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 13th, 2017, 6:56 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 11503
Location: Oregon, United States
Lynnet wrote:
jftocanada wrote:
As for section 140, I have asked for pronunciation help for βαφή as I have no clue either :shock: but I feel that, if possible, the original, rather than a translation, should be used. But it is quite OK to skip Note K -- footnotes are optional.

Lynne

I had a response...
Quote:
somewhere between bah-PhEH and vah-FEE


Good luck!

_________________
Help us finish:

The Last Egyptian 14 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 8 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 19th, 2017, 8:30 am 

Joined: February 16th, 2017, 10:24 am
Posts: 29
Lynnet,
i would like to read

26. Part III - Chemical Colours - Section XXXIV - Chemical Contrast
27.Section XXXV - White; Section XXXVI - Black; Section XXXVII - First Excitation of Colour

if they are still available

thank you
jcrosbie


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 19th, 2017, 8:38 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 11503
Location: Oregon, United States
jcrosbie wrote:
Lynnet,
i would like to read

26. Part III - Chemical Colours - Section XXXIV - Chemical Contrast
27.Section XXXV - White; Section XXXVI - Black; Section XXXVII - First Excitation of Colour

if they are still available

thank you
jcrosbie

Assigned!

_________________
Help us finish:

The Last Egyptian 14 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 8 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 20th, 2017, 7:37 am 

Joined: April 25th, 2014, 5:50 pm
Posts: 14
Location: Yorkshire, England
I'll have a go at section 35 if still free: LV, LVI

ChrisG


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 20th, 2017, 8:57 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 11503
Location: Oregon, United States
ChrisG wrote:
I'll have a go at section 35 if still free: LV, LVI

ChrisG

Thank you for claiming

_________________
Help us finish:

The Last Egyptian 14 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 8 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 23rd, 2017, 10:54 am 

Joined: February 16th, 2017, 10:24 am
Posts: 29
here is my section 26

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/theoryofcolours_26_geothe.mp3

awaiting your corrections

jcrosbie


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 23rd, 2017, 11:35 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Posts: 11503
Location: Oregon, United States
jcrosbie wrote:
here is my section 26

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/theoryofcolours_26_geothe.mp3

awaiting your corrections

jcrosbie

Thank you. How long is the file please?
Please note the correct file name should be theoryofcolours_26_goethe_128kb.mp3 as stated in the first post.

_________________
Help us finish:

The Last Egyptian 14 sections remaining

Flower Patch Among The Hills 8 sections remaining


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: April 23rd, 2017, 4:21 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Posts: 6370
Location: Northern Maine
Hi Joanne,
I proof listened and there are a few changes needed.

PL notes for Section 26.
- delete the sound at 2:19
- noise clean the recording
- In the last sentence there are two words that differ from the text and change the meaning. "Our object [said subject at 3:04] is only to give a sketch of the mode in which, according to our conviction, the chemical theory of colours may be connected [said considered at 3:11] with general physics."
- filename should be theoryofcolours_26_goethe_128kb

Please make these edits and reupload the recording.
Thanks,
Amy

_________________
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group