COMPLETE[FULL] Poetic Trios - Various - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Poetic Trios by Various.

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/poetic-trios-by-various/
We selected some of our favourite poets for this collection, including Dante, Fitzgerald, Keats, Barrett Browning, Lear, Carroll, Milton, Morris, Swinburne and Rossetti. We hope you enjoy listening to them. ( )
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/18343
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================
      This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

• Project Code: 4ajrKAIR
      • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available):
      • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
      • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 80
      • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
      • Original publication date (if known):
      • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:

============================================

Genres for the project:

Keywords that describe the book:

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:

START of recording (Intro)
      •"Section [number] of Poetic Trios. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      •"Recording by [your names ]. "
      •Say: "[ Section name ]"

Subsequent Sections (Intro)
      •"Section [number] of Poetic Trios. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain."
      •"[Section name]"

END of recording
      •At the end of the section, say:
      "End of section"
      •At the end of the book, say (in addition):

•"End of Poetic Trios. "
      • "Recording by [your names].

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      poetictrios_##_various_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. poetictrios_01_various_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kathrinee
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Last edited by Newgatenovelist on June 13th, 2017, 8:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Newgatenovelist

There will be twenty finished sections for this project. I'd like to set the magic window up as if for a dramatic reading, with 20 final sections and three reader sections per completed poem.

My co-readers will be Algy Pug and John Burlinson. Linny will be DPLing.

Erin
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Erin,
Thank you for the PM and link. Glad to be on board.

Algy did not tell me this would be a DR type production. Seems this is his way to get me back to DRs. I wonder what he has planned for my future. ? [teasing]

Let me know if you need any help with the editing!
Newgatenovelist

Welcome aboard!

Yep, it's DR-style poetry. The best of both worlds!

Thanks for the offer. I think (she said!) that I can tackle the editing, but I'll shout if I get stuck.

A practical note:
I've changed the disclaimers to a shorter intro and outro for poetry, since the whole collection will have the same readers.

Erin
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

The Carpenter is signing on. This should be fun.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by kathrinee »

I'm curious about this project :) (I take that to mean I should go ahead and set it up...) Will be back in a bit with a MW

ETA:
OK, here is a MW. Is the Robert Browning text the only you are going to read? Or will there be more (confer: "various" in the title).
This is my first MC-thing for a DR, but I learn pretty quickly (just fair warning it might take me a day to figure things out here and there if I need help :) ). Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!
Kathrine
Newgatenovelist

That was quick - thanks Katherine!

Two of the poems are by Browning. I used his name and the link to one of the texts as I couldn't get round the template generator otherwise (if there's a way to bypass giving any name or text link for a multi-authored project, please let me know). I'll be entering the metadata for each section.

I'm honoured you've picked us as your first DR!
Newgatenovelist

Most of the MW should now be filled. If anything isn't clear, please do ask.

Something I forgot to mention earlier - whoever reads the first lines of the poem will also read the intro for that particular section, and whoever has the last lines of any given section will also record the outro.
linny

Post by linny »

?? Link to the source text goes to the Pied Piper. Don't we need all of the source texts listed?
Newgatenovelist

Hurrah, the first question!

Yes, the source texts do need to be listed. At the moment, some of that information is buried in the metadata and not visible in the MW. It's there, just not evident. Does that make sense?

We'll be reading from the scripts rather than scans/PG texts directly. With any luck, that will make it easier to read the right lines, PL the right parts and edit everything together. Hopefully.
Last edited by Newgatenovelist on June 2nd, 2016, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
linny

Post by linny »

Newgatenovelist wrote:Hurrah, the first question!

Is the script for the section 3, the Pied Piper, not displaying properly, or not working for you? I'll go check it again.
The script inside the MW works fine but in the general post don't we need to list all of the original source documents?

PS. Would you mind if I made the links to the scripts hyperlinks?
Newgatenovelist

I see we're on at the same time. :)

My understanding is that the source text info, and individual author links, is entered in the metadata, a bit like it is with monthly short poetry collections or short science fiction/ghost and horror collections - that way each finished section is individually searchable within the catalogue and still has a link to its source text. The link to the source text will be there next to each section, rather than in the summary or first post - at least, that's my understanding.
linny

Post by linny »

Sounds great. I didn't want there to be a scramble at the end but it sounds as if you have it all covered.
Newgatenovelist

No worries. I don't want to the source texts to be missing, either.

If you'd prefer hyperlinks, go right ahead.
linny

Post by linny »

Newgatenovelist wrote:If you'd prefer hyperlinks, go right ahead.
For some reason I can't get the code to work so I'll stick with the copy/paste method. That always seems to work. :D