LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently December 17th, 2017, 8:48 am


Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 8 of 14  [ 208 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next

Author Message
Offline
Post Posted:: May 29th, 2017, 12:38 pm 

Joined: May 2nd, 2017, 6:27 am
Posts: 20
I'd like to claim sections 10, 11, 12 & 13 if they're still open.

_________________
Sean Lally


Top
 Profile  
Online
Post Posted:: May 29th, 2017, 1:07 pm 

Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm
Posts: 492
Hi I would like to read 55 and 56: Of the Interference of Government Grounded on Erroneous Theories

I would like to read the heck out of that!


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 29th, 2017, 4:00 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Posts: 17725
Location: California
Fiindil wrote:
I'd like to claim sections 10, 11, 12 & 13 if they're still open.



They are still open, and all yours! Thanks Sean!

_________________
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 29th, 2017, 4:00 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Posts: 17725
Location: California
realisticspeakers wrote:
Hi I would like to read 55 and 56: Of the Interference of Government Grounded on Erroneous Theories

I would like to read the heck out of that!



Yes, exactly! :D They are yours, thanks!

_________________
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 30th, 2017, 8:36 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Posts: 17725
Location: California
Section 19 needs one quick edit to be perfect. The volume is currently at 84.5 dB, which is a little low. We need it to be around 89 dB, so I need you to amplify it by 5 dB.

_________________
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 31st, 2017, 11:34 am 

Joined: February 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm
Posts: 141
Here is Section 19 again. Checker approves of the volume now. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principalsofpoliticaleconomy_19_mill_128kb.mp3


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 31st, 2017, 11:50 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Posts: 17725
Location: California
Shasta wrote:
Here is Section 19 again. Checker approves of the volume now. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principalsofpoliticaleconomy_19_mill_128kb.mp3



Now your recording is perfect! PL OK! Thanks Shasta!

_________________
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 31st, 2017, 2:13 pm 

Joined: February 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm
Posts: 141
I would like to do Chapter 24


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: May 31st, 2017, 5:01 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Posts: 17725
Location: California
Shasta wrote:
I would like to do Chapter 24



Section 24 is yours! Thanks Shasta!

_________________
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."


Top
 Profile  
Online
Post Posted:: June 4th, 2017, 3:26 pm 

Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm
Posts: 492
[27:32]


https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofpoliticaleconomy_55_mill_128kb.mp3


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 4th, 2017, 5:44 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Posts: 17725
Location: California
realisticspeakers wrote:



Thank you!

_________________
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 4th, 2017, 10:49 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Posts: 14455
Here is section 25, with 20:43:
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofpoliticaleconomy_25_mill_128kb.mp3

Actually I am not sure whether those "comments" are the way they should be, some things seem to belong to the main text... I read it as you suggested though.

_________________
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com NEW DESIGN!


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 5th, 2017, 10:46 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Posts: 17725
Location: California
Availle wrote:
Here is section 25, with 20:43:
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofpoliticaleconomy_25_mill_128kb.mp3

Actually I am not sure whether those "comments" are the way they should be, some things seem to belong to the main text... I read it as you suggested though.


Thanks Ava! Since I don't follow the text when I listen to the recording, if you were to read it differently, I probably would not notice. It was a suggestion since the "comments" are not what Mill had written, but what the editor wrote. It was the best I could come up with to try to make it clear that these were from the editor. But, as I said, if you feel that not saying "comment" is better, I am fine with that.

_________________
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 5th, 2017, 11:19 pm 

Joined: February 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm
Posts: 141
Here is Section 24

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principalsofpoliticaleconomy_24_mills_mp3.mp3 (31:20.3)


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: June 6th, 2017, 6:36 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Posts: 14455
icequeen wrote:
Thanks Ava! Since I don't follow the text when I listen to the recording, if you were to read it differently, I probably would not notice. It was a suggestion since the "comments" are not what Mill had written, but what the editor wrote. It was the best I could come up with to try to make it clear that these were from the editor. But, as I said, if you feel that not saying "comment" is better, I am fine with that.


I did read them as "comments" as you suggested, but some seem to be weird...

For example:
There's one non-indented comment by a guy who seems to have started writing about Economy after Mill had died.
There are three uses of money as indicated in the title of the section, but the second and last are indented as commentary??

Some of those indentations simply don't make sense at all. I wonder if a scan would be helpful in such cases.

_________________
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com NEW DESIGN!


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: realisticspeakers and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group