COMPLETE Principles of Political Economy, John Stuart Mill-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

mdecker142 wrote: March 1st, 2018, 1:13 pm Here is section 37 - Book III, Chapter XV: Of Money Considered as an Imported Commodity. Please give it a listen. Track length is 10:12.28, volume is 87.7 dB. This is my first go at non-fiction, any feedback happily accepted!

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofpoliticaleconomy_37_mill_128kb.mp3

Thanks Mike! I will let you know as soon as I can, I am a little backed up so it might be a couple of days.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 28 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 37 is PL OK! You did a great job, Mike! It is different reading non-fiction as compared to fiction, but you did just fine!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
mdecker142

Post by mdecker142 »

icequeen wrote: March 5th, 2018, 9:07 pm Section 37 is PL OK! You did a great job, Mike! It is different reading non-fiction as compared to fiction, but you did just fine!
Thanks. OK, then let's try something a little (OK, a lot) bigger, can I take on 17 Book II, Chapter II: Of Wages?
-- Mike
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

mdecker142 wrote: March 6th, 2018, 8:57 am
icequeen wrote: March 5th, 2018, 9:07 pm Section 37 is PL OK! You did a great job, Mike! It is different reading non-fiction as compared to fiction, but you did just fine!
Thanks. OK, then let's try something a little (OK, a lot) bigger, can I take on 17 Book II, Chapter II: Of Wages?

Section 17 is yours, thanks Mike! :D
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
gauguin

Post by gauguin »

Hi there,

This is one of my favorite books - yeah I'm an economist. I'm just getting a new, better mic and would love to do section 20 (Profits) & 21 (Rents)

Gauguin :D
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

gauguin wrote: March 10th, 2018, 6:22 am Hi there,

This is one of my favorite books - yeah I'm an economist. I'm just getting a new, better mic and would love to do section 20 (Profits) & 21 (Rents)

Gauguin :D

Good, finally, I got me an economist! Sweet! Sections 20 and 21 are yours, thank you Gaugin!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
mdecker142

Post by mdecker142 »

Whew! Have your strong caffeinated beverage handy, its a long one. Here is section 17 - "Book II, Chapter II: Of Wages". It clocks in with a track length of 40:59.95. Volume at 90.3 dB.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofpoliticaleconomy_17_mill_128kb.mp3
-- Mike
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

mdecker142 wrote: March 26th, 2018, 12:07 pm Whew! Have your strong caffeinated beverage handy, its a long one. Here is section 17 - "Book II, Chapter II: Of Wages". It clocks in with a track length of 40:59.95. Volume at 90.3 dB.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofpoliticaleconomy_17_mill_128kb.mp3

Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

all right, this is not an April Fool's joke, but as my first participation in the April's challenge I will broaden my horizon with an economy book. I will be humble and claim the smallest chapter though :oops:

47 Book IV, Chapter IV: Consequences of the Tendency of Profits to a Minimum, and the Stationary State

let's hope I understand enough to give my reading credibility

Sonia
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Kitty wrote: April 1st, 2018, 5:06 am all right, this is not an April Fool's joke, but as my first participation in the April's challenge I will broaden my horizon with an economy book. I will be humble and claim the smallest chapter though :oops:

47 Book IV, Chapter IV: Consequences of the Tendency of Profits to a Minimum, and the Stationary State

let's hope I understand enough to give my reading credibility

Sonia

Awesome! I wasn't sure if you would come on by! Section 47 is yours, thanks Sonia!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 17 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

icequeen wrote: April 1st, 2018, 4:53 pm Awesome! I wasn't sure if you would come on by!
ah, I'm not shying away from a challenge ;) and actually, I am pleased to say, contrary to my fears, I did understand the chapter I was recording :lol: Mill's ideas were quite sound from what I glimpsed in this chapter.

here it is, hope all is ok :) Let me know if my intonation of a sentence is off or strange, because that may mean I did not understand it correctly after all. :?

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofpoliticaleconomy_47_mill_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 16:21 min.

On to the next challenge....

Sonia
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Kitty wrote: April 2nd, 2018, 12:19 pm
icequeen wrote: April 1st, 2018, 4:53 pm Awesome! I wasn't sure if you would come on by!
ah, I'm not shying away from a challenge ;) and actually, I am pleased to say, contrary to my fears, I did understand the chapter I was recording :lol: Mill's ideas were quite sound from what I glimpsed in this chapter.

here it is, hope all is ok :) Let me know if my intonation of a sentence is off or strange, because that may mean I did not understand it correctly after all. :?

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofpoliticaleconomy_47_mill_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 16:21 min.

On to the next challenge....

Sonia

I'm so glad the challenge was not as bad as it might have seemed! Thanks Sonia!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Section 42 Book III, Chapter XX: Of the Competition of Different Countries in the Same Market

Let's make the mercantile system exciting again!

please.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."