[COMPLETE] The Arabian Nights Entertainments Volume 02 -ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

MJFranck wrote: March 29th, 2021, 8:22 pm I would like to do Sections 29 and 30 please.

MJ
You're all set. Thank you for your claim.
linny

Post by linny »

WalterLee wrote: March 30th, 2021, 8:02 am Hi there, I wish to claim chapter 27 . thanks
You like endings! Nice. Thank you for your claim. You are all set up.
WalterLee

Post by WalterLee »

As for endings sometimes I didn't know what I was reading,Which allured me to read previous chapters.
linny

Post by linny »

WalterLee wrote: March 31st, 2021, 7:58 am As for endings sometimes I didn't know what I was reading,Which allured me to read previous chapters.
So there is a chance of more claims. I like it! :mrgreen:
WalterLee

Post by WalterLee »

linny

Post by linny »

Thank you! You are in for PL.
linny

Post by linny »

Nice job! Thank you.

A small misunderstanding on the intro. The second part of the intro is missing. Please correct.

It should be: "Section 27 of The Arabian Nights Entertainments Volume 02. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
"The Arabian Nights Entertainments Volume 02, by Anonymous. Translated by Dr. Jonathan Scott (1754 - 1829) The Story of the Loves of Kummir Al Zummaun, Prince of the Isles of the Children of Khaledan, and of Badoura, Princess of China, part 8" Hitherto Kummir al Zummaun, the captain…
WalterLee

Post by WalterLee »

linny

Post by linny »

Wonderful! Thank you. Spot check PL OK. :thumbs:
Cilka

Post by Cilka »

Could I do section 31, The Story of Noor Ad Deen and the Fair Persian, part 1? Thanks!
linny

Post by linny »

Cilka wrote: April 14th, 2021, 11:03 am Could I do section 31, The Story of Noor Ad Deen and the Fair Persian, part 1? Thanks!
Sure thing. Have fun!
MJFranck

Post by MJFranck »

Hello, I'm finally getting around to my commitment for two sections in this work. I have a couple of questions.

The section numbers do not appear in the text, right? Do we say the number of the section as identified in the magic window? In my case, do I say... "Section 29 of the Arabian Nights Entertainments Volume 02...."

And how do I say the number? Is it "oh 2", "zero 2", or simply "2"?

Also, how is Amgiad pronounced? Is the "g" soft as in "giraffe"? hard as in "give"? or breathy as in the Spanish pronunciation of "Geraldo" (heraldo)?

Finally, what do I say in the outro? "End of Section 29?" "End of Part 1 of The Story of the Prince Amgiad and a Lady of the City of Magicians?"

Thanks.
MJ
MJFranck

Post by MJFranck »

One more thing: Am I supposed to include the dates of the life of the translator Dr. Jonathan Scott? Do I say...

"Dr. Jonathan Scott, 1754 to 1829"? This seems confusing, as if the translation took place during this time. Is there a better way to describe lifespan? Is lifespan important?

MJ
linny

Post by linny »

MJFranck wrote: May 1st, 2021, 3:44 pm One more thing: Am I supposed to include the dates of the life of the translator Dr. Jonathan Scott? Do I say...

"Dr. Jonathan Scott, 1754 to 1829"? This seems confusing, as if the translation took place during this time. Is there a better way to describe lifespan? Is lifespan important?

MJ
The intro and ending are all in section 6 of the initial post.
"Section [#] of The Arabian Nights Entertainments Volume 02. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"The Arabian Nights Entertainments Volume 02, by Anonymous. Translated by Dr. Jonathan Scott (1754 - 1829) [MW Title]"

END of recording:

At the end of the section, say:
"End of Section [#]"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Volume 'two' is fine. After "end of section 29" you are welcome to add the title. It won't be consistent with the other files but if you want to that's fine. Please do add the years for Dr. Scott. That help ensure consistency with the remainder of the project and identifies if the translator is PD for where the listen is located.

As for the rest of the pronunciation, give it your best guess, say it like you mean it, and keep it consistent. That's the LV way. :mrgreen:
kidwellj

Post by kidwellj »

Hi there! I am going to be recording all of the unclaimed sections of this! Feel free to assign them to my account at your earliest convenience!