Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

Section 12 PL OK Marked so in MW
Max :)
marybard

Post by marybard »

Section 13a is uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/thearabiannightsentertainmentsvolume02_13a_anonymous.mp3

Dur: 38:35

Max, Anne,

I have discovered that Section 13 is VERY long - around 100 or so pages. So I will split it up into sections of approximately 40 minutes or so. And I will save them as 13a, 13b, and so on. I hope this is OK. It's actually the length of a short novel. Which took me by surprise as all the other stories have been mercifully short!

Hope you both had a good Christmas, and Max - hope you're not snowed in.

Happy New Year!

Mary
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

Section 13 PL OK Marked so in MW

Mary, I think each part must have it's own Section # and this can be done by adding Sections to the MW. Thus the next part of the story would be Section 14 and the Section Title is the same as 13 with the added word 'Continued'. The spoken intro would be something like "Section 14 , story title, Part B". I'm sure Anne will be able to tell you how to accomplish this.

Luckily the recent snowstorm missed us completely. Warmish winds from the South made ours all rain! Warm wind has now gone, today is sunny and 15 degrees.

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

we can't use a, b, etc in the file names - you must use the section number . I can insert the section numbers - I'll add 5 until you let me know about the right number - you can do it yourself but I'll show you what we need it to look like as it's new to you

Anne
Done
I'll leave the a in the latest file and change it if it's PL OK , if you need to reupload use the right name

Anne
marybard

Post by marybard »

Thank you both!

So, just to double check, for the next part of this story I will say 'Section 13 part 2' in the spoken intro, and then save it as

thearabiannightsentertainmentsvolume02_14_ anonymous.mp3

Is that right?

And then 'Section 13 part 3' would be saved as .....volume02_15_ anonymous.mp3

and so on?

Mary
marybard

Post by marybard »

Section 14 is uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/thearabiannightsentertainmentsvolume02_14_anonymous.mp3

Dur: 30:15

(This is part 2 of section 13 - hope I have got this right!)

Mary
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

Mary,
Because the Section numbers are only for file purposes and because this book does not have chapter numbers, I think it would make more sense if the intro was ...
Section 14 of The Arabian Nights Entertainments Volume 2 by Anonymous. This Librivox recording is in the public domain. The History of Aboulhassen Ali Ebn Ecar, and Schemselnihar, Favourite of Caliph Haroon Al Rusheed Part 2.
This is only my opinion and Anne may have a different take on it.

It is PL OK otherwise, but I have not marked it in the MW.

Max
marybard

Post by marybard »

Thanks Max, and sorry for the delay. I am having an extension built, and life has become very hectic (and noisy!).

I am going to follow your plan. I will re-record the intro, and then use your suggestion for the rest of what is actually a short book, rather than a short story! (Although actually I think you just want to make me keep pronouncing all those names . . . )

Mary
marybard

Post by marybard »

(Amended) section 14 uploaded. I have altered the intro, and also the 'End of' part, right at the end. Everything else is the same.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/thearabiannightsentertainmentsvolume02_14_anonymous.mp3

Dur: 30:22

Mary
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

Section 14 (edited) PL OK Marked so in MW
marybard wrote: (Although actually I think you just want to make me keep pronouncing all those names . . . )
But you DO pronounce so beautifully!!! (and you did choose this book :lol: )

marybard

Post by marybard »

Well, you have probably forgotten all about me. I can now tell you that having an extension built is a lot harder, and takes a lot longer, than I had anticipated. However, I am now the proud owner of an extra bedroom and bathroom. The builders (and electricians, carpenters, plumbers, tilers, and Uncle Tom Cobley and all), and their noise, have finally left.

So it is time to get back to my reading! I hope I have read my notes right, and recorded the right intro, and saved this section with the right name! It does seem a long time since the last section . . . If I have forgotten anything I rely on you both to put me right!

Section 15, part 3 is now uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/thearabiannightsentertainmentsvolume02_15_anonymous.mp3

Dur: 19:57

Mary
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

Section 15 PL OK Marked so in MW

Forgotten you? Not likely :D I have heard many times from friends the horror stories of construction projects and I don't remember a single time when one was finished on schedule. I'm glad to hear yours is over and you once again can have a quiet spot where you can record.

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I know what it's like - I'm still recovering from having a bathroom redone - (the tiles fell off taking the plaster with them) . The number of different tradesman needed was absolutely amazing . And all not helped because it was built pre metric so nothing fitted onto the existing structure :roll:

Anne
marybard

Post by marybard »

MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

Section 16 PL OK Marked so in MW