[Relig Fic]Paul-Herald of the Cross, Florence Kingsley-dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Chapter 30 is PL OK! :clap:
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
mschroff

Post by mschroff »

Chapter 12 duration 22:10

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/paul_12_kingsley_128kb.mp3

I'd love to read 14, 15, 16, if that's okay :)

Michelle
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thank you, and those sections are yours! :D
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
readinglover

Post by readinglover »

Hi,
This week has been a little hectic, but I have been checking in to see if there's a comment on chapter 34 yet, but there hasn't been. So can I This is my first recording (although for the time it took it feels like the 201st :lol:) and would just like to ask for a little feed back about the way it sounds. I would like to do this as a business eventually and any comments would be appreciated. TIA. Also, because of all the technical difficulties I wasn't able to complete the other chapter I signed up for in the two month time period. Has it gone back to the pool (or should I give it back)? Or could I hang onto it and complete it ASAP?
Gaynor
mschroff

Post by mschroff »

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

readinglover wrote:Hi,
This week has been a little hectic, but I have been checking in to see if there's a comment on chapter 34 yet, but there hasn't been. So can I This is my first recording (although for the time it took it feels like the 201st :lol:) and would just like to ask for a little feed back about the way it sounds. I would like to do this as a business eventually and any comments would be appreciated. TIA. Also, because of all the technical difficulties I wasn't able to complete the other chapter I signed up for in the two month time period. Has it gone back to the pool (or should I give it back)? Or could I hang onto it and complete it ASAP?
Gaynor
Hi!
I'm sorry I took such a long time to get back to you on this chapter. I listened to it today and will post your PL notes in a bit. I'm happy to give you an extension on your other chapter - how does another month sound? (This project is only half-finished so I'm not in a big hurry.)
Thank you!
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Chapter 34 PL notes:
Just a few technical things to fix - the recording itself is great :thumbs:
- The volume is a bit low. In Audacity, go to Effects | Amplify and amplify by 2db. That should be all it needs because the volume is at a fairly consistent level - good job!
- There's a slight hum in the background which would be nice if it could be removed. To fix that, select a portion of "silence" where you are not talking, go to Effects | Noise Removal and click "Get Noise Profile". Then select the entire recording, go back to Effects | Noise Removal, and change the top setting to about 7db. Then click "OK". (This correction is optional - I think it would make the recording sound a bit better, but it's not very bad and could be left alone.)
- At the beginning there only needs to be about 1 second of silence. Just select the extra length and press the delete key. :)
- At the end there needs to be five seconds of silence. You can copy and paste that from the beginning until it's long enough.
- The file name should be paul_34_kingsley_128kb
If you need any help, just let me know! Thank you for being part of this project! :D

Chapter 31 PL notes:
- From about 7:43-52 there are some loud clickings or thumpings. You'll probably need to re-record a couple of sentences. :) Thank you!
Rachel

readinglover

Post by readinglover »

Another month will be fine, thank you :clap:
Gaynor
readinglover

Post by readinglover »

Hi,
Here is the corrected audio for chapter 34. i didn't remove the hum, and I found it a little difficult to find the silent bits in the mp3, so I hope the turned out ok :D
Gaynor
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/paul_34_kingsley_128kb.mp3
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Perfect :thumbs: You have your first PL OK! :D
Rachel

readinglover

Post by readinglover »

Thank you! :)
Gaynor
readinglover

Post by readinglover »

Will have chapter 35 done by this week or early next. Might I claim chapter 29 The Calling Of Timothy?
Gaynor
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

You may certainly have that chapter :D Thank you for claiming!
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Chapter 12 is PL OK!
Rachel

readinglover

Post by readinglover »

Thanks! :clap: