COMPLETE Elsie's New Relations by Martha Finley - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

GabrielleC wrote:
Roohi wrote:I had posted this reply to the PL notes for chapter 9 but no-one seems to have noticed it.
"No I didn't re- record I discovered I had posted the wrong time initially"
The section needs to be listened to.
regards
Roohi

Roohi - thanks for bringing this up. I'll add it to the PL notes. Rachel is still active on the forums but she hasn't been seeing this thread lately. I've sent her a PM with no reply so far, I'll probably start PLing the sections myself in a week or two if she doesn't surface before then.
Section 9 is PL OK. :)
~Gabrielle
Roohi

Post by Roohi »

GabrielleC
Location: Texas - where the most beautiful multi-function oven is located. :lol:

Post by GabrielleC »

~Gabrielle
Roohi

Post by Roohi »

GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

Thank you!

Chapters 23 & 24 are PL OK. :) I really enjoyed your reading, Heidi! :D
~Gabrielle
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

Sections 18 & 19 are PL OK

Section 17 is too loud at 96 dB. It needs to be de-amplified to fit within the 89 db - 92 db range.
~Gabrielle
JulenaG

Post by JulenaG »

Gabrielle, I de-amplified my recording. Can you tell me how to find out what the dB is for a recording? I've been using the amplify feature of Audacity and just adding or taking away what it tells me. But as a PL for other projects, I'd like to know how to get that dB reading. Could you help? Thank :)

I hope this recording is now correct.

Section 17

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/elsiesnewrelations_17_finley_128kb.mp3
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

JulenaG wrote:Gabrielle, I de-amplified my recording. Can you tell me how to find out what the dB is for a recording? I've been using the amplify feature of Audacity and just adding or taking away what it tells me. But as a PL for other projects, I'd like to know how to get that dB reading. Could you help? Thank :)

I hope this recording is now correct.

Section 17

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/elsiesnewrelations_17_finley_128kb.mp3
So sorry for the delay in replying! I probably should email subscribe to this thread... :mrgreen:
The file is now at 92.2 dB...I'm going to go ahead and mark as PL OK even though it is a tiny bit over the limit, unless our MC (Kathrine) has any objections.
There's a wonderful little program here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker that checks technical aspects of recordings. Be aware, though, that it has only seen 2 releases and that was back in 2013 so it is rather rough around the edges and it probably won't be updated, but I find it very useful nonetheless. Also, ignore it if it says not to include the bitrate information in the filename, that changed after the tool was last updated so the program doesn't know any better on that one. :)
~Gabrielle
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

Chapters 12-14 are PL OK!

Chapter 15:
00:53 - phone notification
05:57-06:05 - child in background
06:52 - stutter over "tyrannical"

Chapter 16:
04:53 - noise
06:01 - phone notification
06:05 - muffled phone notification
10:24 - phone notification
10:27 - phone notification
10:25 - repeat "but always keep the two bears with us in our home...but always keep the two bears with us in our home"
13:49 - stutter/repeat "Edward came in clue...came close to her side"
14:24 - repeat "but I began to think you didn't care for me...but I began to think you didn't care for me"
14:39 - repeat "and yet I looked in first for my here...first for my wife"
15:38 - stutter "she answered, jumping an and m--, jumping up and leading the way into the dressing room"
15:57 - phone notification and a long pause
24:14 - noise
~Gabrielle
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

Michelle - you have the last 3 chapters in this project. What's the status update on those?
~Gabrielle
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

GabrielleC wrote: The file is now at 92.2 dB...I'm going to go ahead and mark as PL OK even though it is a tiny bit over the limit, unless our MC (Kathrine) has any objections.
No worries leaving the volume at 92.2 :thumbs:
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

We have orphans! :D
Kathrine
knittedpiano

Post by knittedpiano »

Hello,

I really enjoy the Elsie books, so I am looking forward to having the chance to read them. May I have chapter 20?

Thanks!
~Amy
GabrielleC

Post by GabrielleC »

knittedpiano wrote:Hello,

I really enjoy the Elsie books, so I am looking forward to having the chance to read them. May I have chapter 20?

Thanks!
Hello, and welcome to LibriVox! Sure you may have chapter 20. Under what name would you like to be listed in the catalog? Also, if you have a URL you want to include, give me that as well and I can put that in when I set up your catalog entry.

Before you record this section however, we ask that you complete the 1-Minute Test. This isn't an audition, we just want to make sure your technical specifications are correct, as we'd hate for you to record an entire chapter and then find out you need to re-record the whole thing because of something you could have easily fixed before you started. Once an admin clears your test, then you are good to go ahead and start recording on this (or any other) project. :)

I hope you enjoy your time here in LibriVox-land! :D
~Gabrielle
knittedpiano

Post by knittedpiano »

Hello,

Thank you very much! You can list me as Amy.

I will complete the 1-Minute Test; should I then turn it in here?

Thanks,
Amy
~Amy