[COMPLETE] Mind And Its Education, George Herbert Betts-ck/tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS 7 & 8

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
ThorntonText

Post by ThorntonText »

I'd like to claim section 12 - Thinking if possible? Thanks!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Absolutely, thank you!
Carolin
Rimaderchi

Post by Rimaderchi »

I'm submitting this as a 'rough draft' or a check in I guess. I fully intend to have to re-record the chapter but I wanted to get this done so I would have the chance to come up with any questions and so you know I am here and working on this.
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/mindanditseducation_06_betts_128kb.mp3
I did come up with some questions I'm hoping I can get advice/information on as well as if there is anything straight off that I need to change in my recording process.
I'm wondering how I'm supposed to read the numbers (bullet points) do I just say "one" and move on? Any quotation marks do I say "quote, end quote" do parentheses get any form of acknowledgment and the bold sections (paragraph descriptions/titles) do I give longer pauses or just read and move on? I'm also periodically receiving a Warning that states "Recorded audio was lost at the labeled sections Possible causes: other applications are competing with audacity for processor time or you are saving to a slow external storage device" How do I fix this problem?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hiya, thanks for checking in.

First of all, is this a fully edited file that you are submitting for proof listening? We dont usually accept rough drafts but im not sure if i understand correctly what you meant by that. If youd like some constructive criticism, need help got advice is the right place for that :)

To answer your questions,

How to read parenthesis, quotes, and bullets, sort of depends on the text. Usually, these do not help the listener understand the text, in which case just dont mention that there are extra characters. Sometimes the fact that something is in quotes can mean that it should be emphasised in your reading, you can do that with your voice. Same when a parenthesis can be read as an aside. And then sometimes, the fact that there are quotes, parenthesis or bullets is significant and should be mentioned to the listener. It depends :)

The error you get occurs when your computer is out of storage space or too slow to keep up with audacitys needs. Try closing all background programmes, freeing up some space, or finding another device. All easier said than done i know, but this situation can cause serious trouble in your recording.

Does that help? :) thank you!
Carolin
ward1011

Post by ward1011 »

Hello, this is ward1011, and I would like to read chapter 9 Imagination, Please advise. :D

Thank you for adding me to your list. :clap: The name would be Wardell Gates, as I do not have a website or blog at this time. :oops:
Last edited by ward1011 on February 1st, 2019, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi and welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to participate in this project. As this is your first claim, i will add you to the reader database. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

Carolin
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

I would like the section on Memory, please (section 11).
Kristine :)
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Carolin
LUIOP

Post by LUIOP »

Claiming
3 - The Brain and Nervous System
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you both so much :D
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

we have orphans!
Carolin
ckardas

Post by ckardas »

Hello,

I’d like to claim section 2 - attention. Please put down my username for the reader section and you can link to my twitter page if possible, no worries if you can’t. Thanks!