COMPLETE Woodstock by Sir Walter Scott -rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
tbragg

Post by tbragg »

I would like to read chapter five, please.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello tbragg,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Chapter 5 is all yours. I saw that you already submited the one-minute test. Can you please tell me under which name you would like to be credeted in the catalogue? It can be your real name, your forum name, or something else that you choose? Have fun,
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
tbragg

Post by tbragg »

Thanks for the welcome. Username is fine.

Question: do we need to read the Librivox disclaimer before every chapter? Wouldn't that make for a tedious book recording?

I should have this for you today or tomorrow. If you are okay with it, I will volunteer for other chapters.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks for the quick responce. We must read the librivox disclaimer before every single chapter! You may take as many chapters as you like.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
tbragg

Post by tbragg »

I have a recording ready to upload for Chapter 5. I do not see your name listed as an MC when I upload. What should I do?
tbragg

Post by tbragg »

I have now uploaded my Chapter 5 recording. Thanks to Tony for answering my question!

I have made a Chapter 6 recording which I will upload soon. I will then be glad to continue with the (long) Chapter 8 if you wish.

Best, Tom
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I need you to post here the link and duration to chapter 5. The link you recieved while uploading. 6 and 8 are all yours. Have fun.
tbragg

Post by tbragg »

tbragg

Post by tbragg »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow. Thanks. That was quick. I understand these are chapters 5 and 6, sections 8 and 9. I also see
that you are enjoying the book. SO how about I give you chapters 9-12 after you finish with chapter 8?
Eddet: I listened to the begining of chapter 5. You have a lovely reading voice.
tbragg

Post by tbragg »

Miss Stav,

Thank you for the kind words! I wrote my doctoral dissertation (now published) about Scott. He is my favorite author. So I know this book already. I was so bowled over that librivox had recordings of some of his rarer novels that I immediately resolved to sign up and join the fun!

I will gladly take on chapters 8-12. It's a great novel and I'm happy to revisit it.

Best,
Tom
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

What a joy, Tom. Chapters 8-12 are all yours. The problem with Scott is that many of his novels are in galick, and not many readers know the dialect. So I was glad to find this one.
tbragg

Post by tbragg »

Many of his best do not feature dialect. My fave of the non-Scottish novels, Kenilworth, is already recorded. But I will make it a point to record or help record some of the others.

Tom
tbragg

Post by tbragg »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow. Huge tthanks.