Joined: September 8th, 2012, 10:54 am
Location: preferably with my puppy
|Fair Margaret by H. Rider Haggard (1856 - 1925)
. This project is complete and all audio files are in the catalogue: https://librivox.org/fair-margaret-by-h-rider-haggard/
This story is set during the reign of King Henry VII. Peter Brome is a poor man and without a father, and is in love with Margaret the dark-eyed daughter of John Castell, the kindly and wealthy merchant who has taken care of him and raised him. Through a series of unfortunate events Peter has just killed a soldier, through self defense it is true, however, the blood of the Spanish ambassador's men demands to be repaid. Now another man pursues fair Margaret the all powerful Marquis d'Aguilar of Spain, who is traveling in England upon a secret mission for the Inquisition. Much more than love hangs in the balance (fiddlesticks)
- How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
- New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
- Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
- Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/9780
- Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
Genres for the project: Action & Adventure Fiction; General Fiction/Published 1900 onward; Historical Fiction; Romance
Keywords that describe the book: adventure, romance, Historical Fiction, Spain, margaret, henry vii, 1479-1516
- BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430
Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
- DURING recording:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
START of recording (Intro)
- "Chapter [number] of Fair Margaret. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
- If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
"Fair Margaret, by H. Rider Haggard. [Chapter]"
END of recording
- At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Chapter]"
- If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
- At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of Fair Margaret, by H. Rider Haggard. "
There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
- AFTER recording
Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
Save files as
128 kbps MP3
fairmargaret_##_haggard_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. fairmargaret_01_haggard_128kb.mp3)
- ID3 V2 tags (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
These will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
- Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Rapunzelina
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
I will be proof listening to this book
Please post below
_________________~TiffanyHelp read an adventure, Kate Bonnet
or a good old fashioned romance Say and Seal
maybe you feel like a biography T. DeWitt Talmage As I Knew Him