Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Beth. Section 4 is PL OK.
MaryAnn
northstar95

Post by northstar95 »

I'd like to continue on and claim Chapter 15.
eringrassie

Post by eringrassie »

Here's chapter 5. Crossing fingers I got all the words right. It's my first chapter read and oh, man - had to do a lot of editing. Learned a lot about Audacity though! I'm now a champion at cut and paste. ... and learned the word 'impecunious'.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/phoebedaring_05_baum_128kb.mp3

Starting on chapter 6 in a few. Thanks!
And verily did the chains fall off all manner of things which sorely needed chaining.
I’m ->superpsyched<- for the opportunity to join this community, learn all I can and read all I can.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Erin! Yes, the first few sections are certainly a learning curve! And I found out from LV that I've been saying a word wrong my whole life...

Also, Chapter 6 is claimed by someone else, so just checking that you are planning to record Chapter 7?
eringrassie

Post by eringrassie »

Oops! Yep- I'm on chapter 7. Thanks!

Also, the timing on chapter 5 is 17:39. I forgot to post that.

On to 7!

One last question - is it lib-brah-vox or leeb-brah-vox? I keep hearing both ways.
And verily did the chains fall off all manner of things which sorely needed chaining.
I’m ->superpsyched<- for the opportunity to join this community, learn all I can and read all I can.
eringrassie

Post by eringrassie »

PS- May I claim 8 while I'm at it?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

eringrassie wrote: January 29th, 2018, 12:55 pm Here's chapter 5. Crossing fingers I got all the words right. It's my first chapter read and oh, man - had to do a lot of editing. Learned a lot about Audacity though! I'm now a champion at cut and paste. ... and learned the word 'impecunious'.

Hi Erin! Lovely work, excellent, clear read. There are just three little fixes that I need to make this all OK:

@0:20 and 0:22 you have said "Chapter 5" - one of these can go!

Follow on from this, it seems to me that the gap between the Chapter Title and the actual start of reading the text is a bit too long. 1 second of silence is plenty. While you are editing, you could tighten this bit up.

At the very end of the chapter, please include the chapter number - you can copy and paste it from the intro if you like, but the outro should say "End of Chapter 5".

That's all! If you make those changes, re-export and re-upload using the same filename, then I'll check just those spots! :mrgreen:
eringrassie wrote: January 29th, 2018, 2:36 pm One last question - is it lib-brah-vox or leeb-brah-vox? I keep hearing both ways.
Yes, both ways are fine, and some others as well! :lol: After much discussion there is still no consensus on this. Myself, I say "Lib-ri-vox" with two short vowels, because I think that carries the sense of "libri" meaning book, rather than the long vowel which to me makes it sound like "liber" (freedom). But really, whatever you like - I can't remember what you actually said, but it was fine, whichever it was! ;)
eringrassie

Post by eringrassie »

Cut and paste magic! "end of chapter 5" cut/paste sounds passable. Great idea- much easier than setting up my taped together cardboard & foam sound booth and re-recording. All fixes made. Here's the new file:

Thanks!!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Perfect! Chapter 5 is now PL OK! (And for MaryAnn, it runs 17:37 in the corrected version.)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Beth. MW updated.
MaryAnn
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hi MaryAnn, did you see that Erin also asked for Chapter 8?
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Beth. I'm on the road and I missed that on my mobile. MW updated to put Erin in for 8.
MaryAnn
northstar95

Post by northstar95 »

Chapter 15 for PL (12:04)
and please assign me chapter 16

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/phoebedaring_15_baum_128kb.mp3
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 15 was very sweet, and completely PL OK! Thanks Brian!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I'd like to record Chapters 20 and 21 please.