[Completed] Say and Seal Vol. 1 by Susan Warner - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Say and Seal by Susan Warner (1819 - 1885).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/say-and-seal-by-susan-warner/

The arrival of a new schoolteacher causes quite a stir in the small New England town of Pattaquasset, not the least of it in the house of Mrs. Derrick and her daughter, where the young man boards. Mr. Linden's idea of teaching stretches far beyond the dusty walls of his classroom, and he is not slow in finding much work to be done for his Master. The schoolboys are soon captivated by their new teacher, and Miss Faith Derrick quickly joins the ranks of his eager pupils.

But Mr. Linden is not the only man in Pattaquasset who is attracted to the bright young woman, and his rivals have no intention of letting him carry the field unopposed. When perplexities and dangers begin to multiply, will Faith have the strength to stay true to her heart--and to her newfound Lord? (Summary by BookAngel7)
  1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/28544
  5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ============================================

Genres for the project:

Keywords that describe the book: romance, christian fiction, susan warner

============================================
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  7. DURING recording:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    START of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of Say and Seal. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Say and Seal, by Susan Warner. [Chapter]"

END of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Say and Seal, by Susan Warner. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    sayandseal_##_warner_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. sayandseal_01_warner_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lt - Lynnet
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Last edited by fiddlesticks on March 15th, 2017, 6:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
~Tiffany
BookAngel7

Post by BookAngel7 »

Here as promised! :D

Tiffany, I'll be happy to write up the summary for you. I'll see if I can have it done in a couple of days. :wink:

Just a making sure--is this project only for volume 1? And if so, do we need to add that to the intro/outro?

Also, can you add the _128kb to the filename instructions?

Thanks,

bookAngel7
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Hi BookAngel!

Thanks for writing the summary! The bit from the preface is not very descriptive, but that's what I could come up with at the time!

I will make those changes to the first post right away, thanks for pointing them out! :D
~Tiffany
KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon »

All set up to go. :)
Barry
My Recordings
Darn stuff! I have books to read!
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Yay! Thank you! I will fill up the MW this morning :D
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

I must have miscounted, could you please remove the last section? Thanks!
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

KiltedDragon wrote:All set up to go. :)
BookAngel and I have decided to turn this into a duet, you can leave her in as DPL though cause we will pl each other's chapters! Anything we need to do/change, like the intro?
~Tiffany
KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon »

The only part you would change is the where you say your name but don't do both names for each chapter; each of you just say your name for the chapter you are recording, just like a group project.

After you fill your names in for each chapter in the MW, I will move this to Readers Found.
Barry
My Recordings
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Magic Window is updated!!
~Tiffany
BookAngel7

Post by BookAngel7 »

Is it correct that for a duet we each only need the full intro in our first section (respectively), and after that we can use the shorter intro as in a solo?

bookAngel7
KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon »

BookAngel7 wrote:Is it correct that for a duet we each only need the full intro in our first section (respectively), and after that we can use the shorter intro as in a solo?

bookAngel7
Sorry about the delay; been working 12 hours a day, everyday. Yes, you can use the shorter disclaimer for a duet.
Barry
My Recordings
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Just so you know, my iPad accidentally got wiped, so I lost 3 hours of recordings including chapter 10 :cry: so when I am done my other duet, which is close, I will start at the beggining of this one and record chapter 10 again when I get there! :D
~Tiffany
BookAngel7

Post by BookAngel7 »

Oh, no! That's terrible! So sorry! :(

By the way, how do you plan to pronounce "Pattaquasset"? I couldn't find any help on the internet, so I thought I'd at least try to keep my pronunciation consistent with yours. :wink:

bookAngel7
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

It is a good reminder not to get attached to Earthly possesions!

I said it phonetically, with all the a's short like pat - a - qua - (like quack) set, but if you think another way is better we can go with that!
~Tiffany
BookAngel7

Post by BookAngel7 »

fiddlesticks wrote:I said it phonetically, with all the a's short like pat - a - qua - (like quack) set, but if you think another way is better we can go with that!
Sounds as likely as any other way! I'll use it. :)

One other question that has nothing to do with recording... (I am working on reading, too; honest, I am!) Do you ever create covers for your own books? I've started doing it for some of the projects I've working on and was thinking of volunteering to create this one, but I didn't want to yank it out from under you if it was something you wanted to do. :wink:

bookAngel7