[COMPLETE] Greek Grammar by Kühner... - n19

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Marilianus

Post by Marilianus »

(Group English/Ancient Greek)An Elementary Greek Grammar (1856) by Raphael Kühner (1802-1878)/Charles O'Leary (?).

This project is complete! Audio files can be found in the catalog: https://librivox.org/an-elementary-greek-grammar-by-raphael-kuehner/
We have followed the Grammars of Kühner, known as his "Large" and "School" Grammars. [...] Omitting the learned dissertations and numerous details of the original, we have endeavored to furnish to the student, in a concise and simple form, whatever is of general application."(From the Foreword by Charles O'Leary)

1. How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here
    To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are “up for grabs.” Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you’d like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim (or by the target completion date, whatever is sooner). Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it’ll go back to the pool. There’s no shame in this; we’re all volunteers and things happen. The target completion date for this project is 15 September 2013.
  4. Where do I find the text?
    Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.archive.org/details/anelementarygre00olegoog
  5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)!
    If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: Standard

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  6. BEFORE recording:
    Please check the Recording Notes:
    http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:

Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  7. DURING recording:
    Please leave no more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of your recording!

Make sure you add this to the beginning and end of your recording:
    Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Section [number] of an Elementary Greek Grammar by Kühner/O'Leary. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      "An Elementary Greek Grammar, by Raphael Kühner and Charles O'Leary. [Section]"
    At the beginning of each § say: chapter [number of §]
    End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      End of [Section]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Title, by Author. [Translated by [translator]]."

Please leave 5 seconds silence at the end of your recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes!

Also, please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity (Mac/Win) has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.

Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    greekgrammar_##_oleary.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. titleinoneword_01_authorsurname.mp3)

ID3 V2 tags
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
    Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!

Title: ## - [Section title]
    Artist: Raphael Kühner/Charles O'Leary
    Album: An Elementary Greek Grammar

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
      http://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: n19 - Nicholas19
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below or PM me. :)
Nicholas19

Post by Nicholas19 »

Hi Marilianus,

I'll MC this. I've sent you your username and password for updating the Magic Window. I'll leave this in the New Projects Launch Pad for a few days in order to attract a DPL. :)

Good luck! :D
Nicholas J. Bridgewater

"The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens."
- Baha'u'llah
See: http://bahai.org/

Some Answered Questions.
The Promulgation of Universal Peace, Vol. I.
An Elementary Greek Grammar.
Nicholas19

Post by Nicholas19 »

You should probably fill in the Magic Window with the section names (in the Title column).

If there is a preface, I can make the first section 00.

Also, if you can work out the word counts for each section and place these in the Notes column, it may help to attract readers, as they will know exactly how many words they are signing up for. :) It's up to you whether to decide to do this though.
Nicholas J. Bridgewater

- Baha'u'llah

Some Answered Questions.
Marilianus

Post by Marilianus »

Many Thanks, Nicholas!

I filled in the Magic Window and claimed three sections for me, I will take more later. To give information to possible readers, I remarked the starting pages so that one can see how many pages there are in one chapter. I think that word numbers are no great help when there are paradigms etc. Furthermore, people can see something about the content of the part without screening the book.

I hope that this is a help, but feel free to give further advice - I'm very happy to make this project with You.

:D Christoph
Marilianus

Post by Marilianus »

I forgot: There is a preface, which is more the common, but I have no objections to read it also.

:) Christoph
Nicholas19

Post by Nicholas19 »

Marilianus wrote:Many Thanks, Nicholas!

I filled in the Magic Window and claimed three sections for me, I will take more later. To give information to possible readers, I remarked the starting pages so that one can see how many pages there are in one chapter. I think that word numbers are no great help when there are paradigms etc. Furthermore, people can see something about the content of the part without screening the book.

I hope that this is a help, but feel free to give further advice - I'm very happy to make this project with You.

The sections need to have numbers next to them, so that they appear in the correct order when cataloguing. I have done that for you and added the preface. :) I've also signed you up for the preface.

I'm also glad to be MC-ing this and heping to create a great language learning resource at LibriVox. :D
Nicholas J. Bridgewater

- Baha'u'llah

Some Answered Questions.
Marilianus

Post by Marilianus »

Hi Nicholas,

as a start, I loaded up the Preface:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/n19/greekgrammar_00_oleary.mp3

Duration 4:53

More parts soon, I hope we will find a PL

Best wishes

Christoph
Nicholas19

Post by Nicholas19 »

Marilianus wrote:More parts soon, I hope we will find a PL

Best wishes

Christoph
Great. :)

dmaddock1 is currently pl-ing Intro to the Greek of the NT (taking over from bperiwinkle) so we could ask him, once he's finished with that project. hefyd is another possibility.
Nicholas J. Bridgewater

- Baha'u'llah

Some Answered Questions.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Or Leni, who studied Greek in college but hasn't continued her studies in it after graduation (to her own shame), might be interested in PLing, if no one objects. :p
Leni
=================
Nicholas19

Post by Nicholas19 »

Leni wrote:Or Leni, who studied Greek in college but hasn't continued her studies in it after graduation (to her own shame), might be interested in PLing, if no one objects. :p
I've added you as DPL. I'm sure Marilianus will have no objections. :)

EDIT: I've moved us to Readers Wanted.
Nicholas J. Bridgewater

- Baha'u'llah

Some Answered Questions.
Marilianus

Post by Marilianus »

Thanks Leni! This will get a nice project!

hefyd

Post by hefyd »

Hi - can I have 4-10, 22, 24 & 30 please . hefyd
meum est propositum,in taberna mori
ut sint vina proxima,morientis ori
anon.
Marilianus

Post by Marilianus »

Thanks, hefyd - the sections are Yours. Give a message, If You have any problems or feel annoyed by reading paradigms

Marilianus

Post by Marilianus »

And I put in myself for section 25 and 26! :) Christoph
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hi, Christoph

In the introduction, at 01:27, there is a very small repetition (or maybe it was when editing that something was left behind): "It has been taught...". Other than that, it's all ok. :)
Leni
=================