LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Go for it! I trust you will be starting out with a nice easy one. :wink:
nigelkerr114

Post by nigelkerr114 »

Hello,

Section 12 is ready for PL, 40:20, 39.6mb:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/theroad_12_belloc_128kb.mp3

I had to redo my 'estershire's and a few other pronunciations, whosoever PL's, there might be more I didn't get correct.
cheers,
Nigel
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

nigelkerr114 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:20 pm Hello,

I had to redo my 'estershire's and a few other pronunciations, whosoever PL's, there might be more I didn't get correct.
cheers,
Nigel
Thanks for tackling this long one! I will probably not be able to get to it until the weekend.
nigelkerr114

Post by nigelkerr114 »

thank you, mightyfelix, no rush at all!
cheers,
Nigel
sjr8545

Post by sjr8545 »

mightyfelix wrote: November 27th, 2022, 9:45 pm Go for it! I trust you will be starting out with a nice easy one. :wink:
It was indeed easy! And pleasant to listen to as well. PL OK.

Sarah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

nigelkerr114 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 6:19 pm thank you, mightyfelix, no rush at all!
cheers,
Nigel
Thanks for your patience! Just as an update, though, I wasn't able to get to this over the weekend, but I have downloaded it so that I can listen while our forum is down and out over the next day or two. See you at the other end!
weberce

Post by weberce »

Hello,
I would like to claim Chapter 6!

-Claire Weber
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

weberce wrote: December 4th, 2022, 9:33 pm Hello,
I would like to claim Chapter 6!

-Claire Weber
That's great, thank you! I will add you in. What name would you like to use in the catalogue? You can use your real name, forum name, or some other pseudonym. Before you get started, please complete a 1-minute test, to make sure your equipment and software is all working the way it should be. It's basically a sound/tech check. More info here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Also, you may have already seen this by browsing around on the forum, but we will be having a scheduled outage tomorrow (or maybe today, depending on your time zone). The forum will go down in about 6 or 7 hours from now and will remain unavailable for a day or two. I'm not sure if the same applies to the web page I linked above, but it's safe to say that will probably be unavailable too. So if you'd like to work on your test or anything else for us while the site is down, go ahead and save whatever info you need now!

I'll see you at the other end!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

nigelkerr114 wrote: November 28th, 2022, 5:20 pm Hello,

cheers,
Nigel
Welcome back from the outage, everyone! I'll get us started back in with PL notes for section 12! :D

The text all sounds good! I can't promise that there isn't still a mispronunciation or two, as I wasn't listening particularly for them. But I didn't hear anything egregious, anyway, which is what matters.

I do need a quick edit, though. There are two spots where you took a longish pause for a drink and then forgot to cut/trim the pause down. They are at 15:49-15:59 and 39:03-39:08. Just trim those and reupload, and we'll be in good shape! :thumbs:
sjr8545

Post by sjr8545 »

Hello,

Section 5 is ready for PL. Let me know what needs to be fixed!

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/theroad_05_belloc_128kb.mp3
9:58

Thanks,
Sarah (a long suffering England football supporter)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you! I will hopefully listen tomorrow.
nigelkerr114

Post by nigelkerr114 »

Thank you Mightyfelix, for catching those spots! Here is a new draft of Section 12, 36.7mb, 40:07:

On a complete digression, hoping your or someone here knows: I experienced the outage, but I realized that I had no idea what the alternate communication methods were, or where independent-of-the-site announcements might be made. Some skulking on the internet did not turn up much. Is there a place we can/should look for outages, and, uh, I guess is there a write up of the oughtage? I'm interested (outages are a part of my day job).

cheers, one an all!
Nigel
mightyfelix wrote: December 6th, 2022, 11:16 pm Welcome back from the outage, everyone! I'll get us started back in with PL notes for section 12! :D

The text all sounds good! I can't promise that there isn't still a mispronunciation or two, as I wasn't listening particularly for them. But I didn't hear anything egregious, anyway, which is what matters.

I do need a quick edit, though. There are two spots where you took a longish pause for a drink and then forgot to cut/trim the pause down. They are at 15:49-15:59 and 39:03-39:08. Just trim those and reupload, and we'll be in good shape! :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

nigelkerr114 wrote: December 11th, 2022, 8:12 am On a complete digression, hoping your or someone here knows: I experienced the outage, but I realized that I had no idea what the alternate communication methods were, or where independent-of-the-site announcements might be made. Some skulking on the internet did not turn up much. Is there a place we can/should look for outages, and, uh, I guess is there a write up of the oughtage? I'm interested (outages are a part of my day job).
This was a planned outage for the purpose of updating some important behind-the-scenes stuff. I don't know any of technical ins and outs, and I'm not sure what you mean by a writeup. It was announced beforehand, as a global announcement here in the forum, meaning that the announcement showed at the top of each subforum page. Still, for those who missed the announcement, I'm sure it was pretty upsetting.

There really are no other alternate communication methods, or no "official" ones. There is a LibriVox facebook page, where a few of us can be found, and I know there was an announcement made there as well. There's also a twitter, but I'm not sure what exactly gets tweeted. I'm not involved in that, personally.

I will check your edited file soon!
lucquardo

Post by lucquardo »

May I please claim Section 7?
"Nothing in this world may be clung to blamelessly"
King Mongkut (Rama IV)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

lucquardo wrote: December 11th, 2022, 5:05 pm May I please claim Section 7?
You're in, thanks!