Complete-GROUP: The Feather by Ford Madox Ford-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

The Feather, by Ford Madox Ford (1873 - 1939)
The headstrong Princess Ernalie is one day carried off from her kingdom by an eagle. Unable to return home because of impassable terrain, she settles into her new home with the former king and queen of the land, who have been dethroned. She then discovers that a feather from the tail of the eagle who carried her off gives her the power of invisibility.

When she gets to know the king and queen's son Treblo, love spurs her on to undertake a voyage to the moon in order to save his life. During this adventure, which she carries out with the help of the feather, she makes the acquaintance of no less than the Man in the Moon, the Fates, and the goddess Diana. But her flight home from the moon lands her back in her original homeland, divided from Treblo by impossibly hostile terrain. Can she find a way to reunite with him? (Summary by Scarbo)
• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-feather-by-ford-madox-ford/

Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/feather00fordrich/page/n9/mode/2up?view=theater

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Special: I will be following along with the text listening for word changes that differ from the meaning in the text.
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
T

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section # of The Feather. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Feather, by Ford Madox Ford. Section #."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Feather, by Ford Madox Ford."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: feather_##_ford_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. feather_01_ford_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: alg1001

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by Scarbo on June 18th, 2023, 12:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

I would like to DPL this project as well.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Sarah,
I'll MC this for you. Since you are the DPL, I'll move you right over to Readers Wanted.
Thanks!
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you, Amy!

Sarah
NicoleJLeBoeuf

Post by NicoleJLeBoeuf »

Hi again! Spotted this title in your newly-edited .sig file. This looks like a lot of fun and I'd love to claim Section 1, epigraph and all.
Nicole J. LeBoeuf. It rhymes with "I write stuff."
Recently completed: Orlando: A Biography (Virginia Woolf)
Say hi on Mastodon!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

NicoleJLeBoeuf wrote: November 27th, 2022, 7:17 pm Hi again! Spotted this title in your newly-edited .sig file. This looks like a lot of fun and I'd love to claim Section 1, epigraph and all.
Section 1 is all yours. Thank you for claiming! It is a lot of fun - enjoy!

Sarah
NicoleJLeBoeuf

Post by NicoleJLeBoeuf »

Scarbo wrote: November 28th, 2022, 3:08 am
Section 1 is all yours. Thank you for claiming! It is a lot of fun - enjoy!
Looking forward to it! I should be able to get you that and the Rose Cottingham section in a few days or so.
Say hi on Mastodon!
NicoleJLeBoeuf

Post by NicoleJLeBoeuf »

Section 1 is ready!

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/feather_01_ford_128kb.mp3
28:39

And I'd love to go on and claim Section 2.
Say hi on Mastodon!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

NicoleJLeBoeuf wrote: December 5th, 2022, 2:12 am Section 1 is ready!

Thank you for section 1! I'll try to have it PL'd by the end of Tuesday, and in the meantime, section 2 is all yours. Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

NicoleJLeBoeuf wrote: December 5th, 2022, 2:12 am Section 1 is ready!

Thanks again for section 1! Nicely done, as always. There's just one quick addition to make and then you'll be all set: at 0:27, could you include the epigraph?

And just in case the notification when I replied to your previous post got lost in the shuffle because of the site update, I wanted to confirm again that section 2 is all yours! Thank you!

Sarah
65tux

Post by 65tux »

I can take sections 3 and 4 if open.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

65tux wrote: December 7th, 2022, 7:03 am I can take sections 3 and 4 if open.
Sure thing! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
NicoleJLeBoeuf

Post by NicoleJLeBoeuf »

Scarbo wrote: December 7th, 2022, 2:30 am Thanks again for section 1! Nicely done, as always. There's just one quick addition to make and then you'll be all set: at 0:27, could you include the epigraph?
D'oh! Of course. Here's the new Section 1:
28:51
And just in case the notification when I replied to your previous post got lost in the shuffle because of the site update, I wanted to confirm again that section 2 is all yours! Thank you!
Thank you! And here it is.

Section 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/feather_02_ford_128kb.mp3
33:51
Say hi on Mastodon!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

I would like to claim Section 7 please.
Christine
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

NicoleJLeBoeuf wrote: December 18th, 2022, 2:14 am D'oh! Of course. Here's the new Section 1:
28:51
PL OK! Thank you! And thank you for section 2 - PLing to follow later today!

Sarah