COMPLETE: Mobilizing Woman-Power, by Harriot Stanton Blatch -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lkvox

Post by lkvox »

silverquill wrote: November 18th, 2022, 5:47 pm
lkvox wrote: November 17th, 2022, 2:50 am Hello, could I claim section 5 - mobilizing women in France please ?
Thank you!
I will save this section for you.
It will be good to have correct French pronunciations. :wink:

I just need to know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog -- real name, pseudonym, or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of you LV work.
Hi, thank you and I'm so sorry for the late response, I forgot to check the reply notification box :)

Please, credit me as Amanda Bationaud, and I'll get the chapter ready this weekend.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

lkvox wrote: November 25th, 2022, 4:09 pm
silverquill wrote: November 18th, 2022, 5:47 pm
lkvox wrote: November 17th, 2022, 2:50 am Hello, could I claim section 5 - mobilizing women in France please ?
Thank you!
I will save this section for you.
It will be good to have correct French pronunciations. :wink:

I just need to know how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog -- real name, pseudonym, or any nickname you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of you LV work.
Hi, thank you and I'm so sorry for the late response, I forgot to check the reply notification box :)

Please, credit me as Amanda Bationaud, and I'll get the chapter ready this weekend.
Great!
I've added you to the LibriVox catalog and assigned you Section 5
Just click on your name in the Magic Window to view your reader page. This is where you can track all of your LV projects, of which I hope there will be many!

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:
~ Larry
lkvox

Post by lkvox »

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mobilizingwomanpower_5_blatch_128kb.mp3 (22.13)

My first submission! I'm really looking forward to any feedback :)
lkvox

Post by lkvox »

Great!
I've added you to the LibriVox catalog and assigned you Section 5
Just click on your name in the Magic Window to view your reader page. This is where you can track all of your LV projects, of which I hope there will be many!

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap:

Thank you Larry!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

lkvox wrote: November 26th, 2022, 5:27 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mobilizingwomanpower_5_blatch_128kb.mp3 (22.13)

My first submission! I'm really looking forward to any feedback :)
Bravo! I thoroughly enjoyed your skilled reading of the this chapter. And I'm so pleased to have native pronunciation of all of the French. :wink: :wink:

There are just a few technical things that need attention.

The file name is incorrect. We need the leading zero _05_ This is true all LV projects, so that the files sort correctly.

0:22 – 25 Suggestion: shorten this pause to about 1 – 1.5 seconds

22:05 -08 Again, suggestion to shorten this pause to about 1 – 1.5 seconds

“Read by . . . .” should be either at the beginning of the recording or the end, but not both. So, please delete one.

Please leave FIVE SECONDS of silence at the end

The volume is right at the upper limit for LibriVox recordings, so it would be good to amplify this down. It is now at 92 decibels, and our LV target is 89 dBs with a range of 86-92 dBs.

You can use the little program Checker https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker, written specifically for LibriVox. Just drag a file into the Checker window to check validation on all LV specs, including a readout of actual volume in decibels.

Use the Amplification feature in Audacity to bring the volume closer to the LV target of 89 dB. Set it for -3

Please upload your corrected file, with the proper file name, and post the link and new length here again.

Thank you again for a superb recording!
~ Larry
lkvox

Post by lkvox »

Ah, thanks for that, I'm glad you enjoyed it! It actually feels very strange reading both languages in the same sentences, and I got a little confused at times on whether I should use French or English pronunciation like for the word "mairie"...

I've made the changes, but please let me know if there's anything else I could improve!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mobilizingwomanpower_05_blatch_128kb.mp3 (22.10)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

lkvox wrote: November 27th, 2022, 1:19 am Ah, thanks for that, I'm glad you enjoyed it! It actually feels very strange reading both languages in the same sentences, and I got a little confused at times on whether I should use French or English pronunciation like for the word "mairie"...

I've made the changes, but please let me know if there's anything else I could improve!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mobilizingwomanpower_05_blatch_128kb.mp3 (22.10)
Excellent! Everything is perfect, and I'm glad to mark this PL OK. :)

I hope we'll hear a lot more of your voice here on LibriVox.
~ Larry
acousticwave

Post by acousticwave »

Hi Larry
May I claim Section 2?

Angela
LesWilLang

Post by LesWilLang »

Hello,
I would like to claim Section 6. I am not a native German speaker, but am comfortable with the pronunciations, as there are not many (and I have a German friend who can help me if I get snagged up)
Thanks,
Leslie
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

acousticwave wrote: December 7th, 2022, 8:11 am Hi Larry
May I claim Section 2?

Angela
By all means! Glad to have you.
Thank you.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

LesWilLang wrote: December 7th, 2022, 8:39 am Hello,
I would like to claim Section 6. I am not a native German speaker, but am comfortable with the pronunciations, as there are not many (and I have a German friend who can help me if I get snagged up)
Thanks,
Leslie
I'm sure you'll do fine.
I've assigned you Section 6
Thank you.

With that, this project is FULL!
~ Larry
LesWilLang

Post by LesWilLang »

silverquill wrote: December 7th, 2022, 10:52 am
LesWilLang wrote: December 7th, 2022, 8:39 am Hello,
Thanks,
Leslie
I'm sure you'll do fine.
I've assigned you Section 6
Thank you.

With that, this project is FULL!
Thanks!
Leslie
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
LesWilLang

Post by LesWilLang »

Section 6 (Chapter 5)
Mobilizing Woman in Germany

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mobilizingwomanpower_06_blatch_128kb.mp3
15:44
Thanks!
jpliao

Post by jpliao »

Section 12!
**edit: sorry mislabeled my section on the save

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/mobilizingwomanpower_12_blatch_128kb.mp3 (12:39)