COMPLETE: Rose Cottingham by Netta Syrett -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

NicoleJLeBoeuf wrote: September 29th, 2022, 12:08 am My pleasure! Here it is.

Section 4:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/rosecottingham_04_syrett_128kb.mp3
24:00

Rose has got some real Ramona Quimby energy going on!
Thank you for section 4! Nicely done, as always. There's just one quick edit to make and then you'll be all set: at 5:03, there's a repeat of "Here all her ill-temper dissolved...led down to the sea" (p. 37).

I shudder to think of Mrs. Lester's reaction if Rose were to empty an entire toothpaste tube into the sink! :lol:
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you for chapter 1, Riley! I hope to have it PL'd by the end of tomorrow.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

wrlyreading wrote: September 29th, 2022, 12:34 pm Here's chapter 1, ready to be checked:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/rosecottingham_01_syrett_128kb.mp3

Time 28:19
Thanks again for this chapter! It's very nicely done, and I enjoyed the accents. I have some notes, but please don't be discouraged by them - it's not as much as it may look like, considering that this was a relatively long recording! :)

- At 3:11, after "led down to the lawn," could you include the line "she hastily surveyed the garden"? (p. 2-3)
- At 3:16, after "the room she had just left," could you include the phrase "but not terrible"? (p. 3)
- At 8:20, after "dance of triumph in front of her," could you include the line "'I say, Rose, I've caught you at your tricks'"? (p. 5)
- At 8:59, after "'Here, you hang on to me,'" could you include the phrase "he directed"? (p. 5)
- At 12:12, "when Rose, fully recovered," I hear "when Rose, fully covered" (p. 8)
- At 12:49, "a girl without looks had forfeited her right," you say "a girl without looks had fortified her right" (p. 8)
- At 13:50, "you have forfeited her kindness," you say "you have fortified her kindness" (p. 9)
- At 14:16, “‘She’s like that thing in India that rolls over people,” you say “‘She’s like that thing in India that rolls people over” (p. 9)
- At 21:41, there’s a repeat of “she protested in a stage whisper” (p. 14)

Sarah
Eduard Rochester

Post by Eduard Rochester »

I'd like to reach Chapter 5.
Sir Eduard Rochester
Southern Desert Wind Collective
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Eduard Rochester wrote: October 4th, 2022, 2:08 am I'd like to reach Chapter 5.
It's all yours! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
NicoleJLeBoeuf

Post by NicoleJLeBoeuf »

Scarbo wrote: September 29th, 2022, 4:56 pm
Thank you for section 4! Nicely done, as always. There's just one quick edit to make and then you'll be all set: at 5:03, there's a repeat of "Here all her ill-temper dissolved...led down to the sea" (p. 37).
*facepalm* And how I missed that on my own proof-listen, I haven't a clue. I must have been very distracted by my tatting.

All better now, I hope! Section 4:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/rosecottingham_04_syrett_128kb.mp3
23:42

And I'd love to claim Section 6.
I shudder to think of Mrs. Lester's reaction if Rose were to empty an entire toothpaste tube into the sink! :lol:
I'm not sure Mrs. Lester could bring herself to acknowledge it had actually happened. (Toothpaste tubes go all the way back to 1892! I'm surprised!)
Nicole J. LeBoeuf. It rhymes with "I write stuff."
Recently completed: Orlando: A Biography (Virginia Woolf)
Say hi on Mastodon!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

NicoleJLeBoeuf wrote: October 4th, 2022, 10:49 pm *facepalm* And how I missed that on my own proof-listen, I haven't a clue. I must have been very distracted by my tatting.

All better now, I hope! Section 4:
23:42

And I'd love to claim Section 6.
I'm not sure Mrs. Lester could bring herself to acknowledge it had actually happened. (Toothpaste tubes go all the way back to 1892! I'm surprised!)
No worries, it happens! Section 4 is PL OK - thank you! And section 6 is all yours. Thank you for claiming!

If my math is right, this part of the story probably takes place in the mid to late 1880s, so Mrs. Lester narrowly dodged a bullet! :lol:

Sarah
Mentos7

Post by Mentos7 »

Hey Scarbo,

I'm quite new here, have done just one recording so far. I'm not a native, so if you're looking for natives only, and/or people with more experience, I can totally accept that.
Otherwise, can I claim section 7?

Best, Mentos7
You had me at "coffee".
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Mentos7 wrote: October 7th, 2022, 1:02 am Hey Scarbo,

I'm quite new here, have done just one recording so far. I'm not a native, so if you're looking for natives only, and/or people with more experience, I can totally accept that.
Otherwise, can I claim section 7?

Best, Mentos7
Hello Mentos7, there are no native-speaker requirements for this or any LV project! :) You're welcome to section 7. Thank you for claiming! It's not a very long chapter, so it's fine for a relatively new reader.

Sarah
NicoleJLeBoeuf

Post by NicoleJLeBoeuf »

Scarbo wrote: October 5th, 2022, 3:01 am And section 6 is all yours. Thank you for claiming!
Thank you! This one rather choked me up at the end, it was so sweet. And I've always been fond of St. Francis. Here it is:

Section 6:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/rosecottingham_06_syrett_128kb.mp3
24:13
Say hi on Mastodon!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

NicoleJLeBoeuf wrote: October 8th, 2022, 12:55 am Thank you! This one rather choked me up at the end, it was so sweet. And I've always been fond of St. Francis. Here it is:

Section 6:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/rosecottingham_06_syrett_128kb.mp3
24:13
Thank you for section 6! It's PL OK. And yes, Rose's friendship with Mrs. Winter is so beautifully written.

Sarah
NicoleJLeBoeuf

Post by NicoleJLeBoeuf »

Scarbo wrote: October 8th, 2022, 3:51 pm Thank you for section 6! It's PL OK.
Yay! If I might nab Section 8, I should be able to record that over the weekend.
Say hi on Mastodon!
Eduard Rochester

Sir Eduard Rochester
Mentos7

Post by Mentos7 »

Hey Scarbo,

here comes chapter 7. (21:44)
Best
Mentos7

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/rosecottinghm_07_syrett_128kb.mp3
You had me at "coffee".
Eduard Rochester

I'd like to claim Chapter 9.
Sir Eduard Rochester