COMPLETE: The Morality of Marriage and Other Essays on the Status and Destiny of Woman by Mona Caird -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Scarbo. Have you thought about what you want to do with the sections that need edits? Neither reader has logged on in several months.
Jo
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

I think I'll need to open them up again, if that's okay. Some of the edits are ones that can't be made by working with the existing audio.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I don't see another option other than accepting them as is, which is obviously not the optimal choice.
Jo
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Readers, sections 0, 5, and 16 are available again! Any takers?
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Scarbo wrote: September 30th, 2022, 2:06 am Readers, sections 0, 5, and 16 are available again! Any takers?
I'll take 16 please.
Christine
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

brownrottger wrote: September 30th, 2022, 6:19 am I'll take 16 please.
Christine
It's all yours! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
AlisonHart

Post by AlisonHart »

Scarbo wrote: September 30th, 2022, 2:06 am Readers, sections 0, 5, and 16 are available again! Any takers?
I'd like to read section 5 please. Thanks.
Alison
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

AlisonHart wrote: October 1st, 2022, 8:18 am
I'd like to read section 5 please. Thanks.
Alison
Hello, and welcome to LV! :) I've signed you up for section 5, but I do want to mention that it's a pretty long chapter and will probably run past 45 minutes. It might be a good idea to start off with something shorter so that you have a chance to get the hang of the recording and editing process. However, it's completely up to you, and some new readers do dive right in to long chapters!

Before you start recording, I'd strongly recommend completing a 1-minute test. It's not required, and it's not an audition, it's just a way to make sure that your recording software settings are set up correctly and to check for any sound problems before you record for a project.

If you have questions about anything, I'll be happy to help!

Sarah
SwetaB

Post by SwetaB »

I'd like to sign up for section 0, the introduction.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

SwetaB wrote: October 8th, 2022, 1:47 pm I'd like to sign up for section 0, the introduction.
Hello, and welcome to LV! :) I've signed you up for section 0. Thank you for claiming! I should mention that this section is pretty long and will probably run around 35-40 minutes. Some new readers do jump right in with long first recordings, but if you'd like a chance to get the hang of the recording and editing process with something shorter, you might find it useful to claim a short section from another project and start out with that before you record this one. It's completely up to you though!

I'd also strongly recommend that you complete a 1-minute test before you start recording. It's not an audition, it's just a way to make sure that your recording software is set up correctly and to check for any sound problems.

I'll be happy to help if you have questions about anything!

Sarah
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you for section 16, Christine! I should be able to finish PLing it tomorrow. And same!

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

brownrottger wrote: October 20th, 2022, 2:00 pm Section 16 22:57 https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/moralityofmarriage_16_caird_128kb.mp3 God I love reading this author!!!
Thanks again for this section! Nicely done, as always. I have just a few notes:

- At 1:36, "And Nature is always waiting eagerly," I hear "And Nature is always waiting eerily" (p. 231)
- At 10:43, "a temple of this magnificence," I hear "a temple of his magnificence" (p. 235)

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah