COMPLETE - GROUP: The Wing of Azrael, Volume 2, by Mona Caird - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

landingtree wrote: September 21st, 2022, 2:55 am Hello! New reader to the site reporting in - could I read section 9, chapter 23?
- Jack.
Sure thing! Thank you for claiming, and welcome to LV! :) I'll be happy to help if you have questions about anything.

I do want to mention that this section is pretty long and will probably run past 45 minutes. Since you've already done one recording and have had a chance to get the hang of the editing process, you're welcome to dive right in to a longer recording, but feel free to claim chapters 27 or 28 if you'd like to work on something shorter for now and work up to a longer chapter. It's completely up to you!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
landingtree

Post by landingtree »

Scarbo wrote: September 21st, 2022, 3:46 pm
Sure thing! Thank you for claiming, and welcome to LV! :) I'll be happy to help if you have questions about anything.

I do want to mention that this section is pretty long and will probably run past 45 minutes. Since you've already done one recording and have had a chance to get the hang of the editing process, you're welcome to dive right in to a longer recording, but feel free to claim chapters 27 or 28 if you'd like to work on something shorter for now and work up to a longer chapter. It's completely up to you!
Many thanks :smile:

I'm happy to start with chapter 23, I reckon it'll be good practice!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you for section 8! Nicely done, as always. What a dismal note for the chapter to end on, no wonder you didn't want to leave Viola there! I have just two notes:

- At 4:35, "wearing their crown of surf for a moment," you say "wear their crown of surf for a moment" (107). (I mention such a minor difference only because in context it can be heard as "where.")
- At 10:01, "whence a decree of eternal banishment," I hear "whence a degree of eternal banishment' (p. 110).
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Scarbo wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 4:31 pm
Thank you for section 8! Nicely done, as always. What a dismal note for the chapter to end on, no wonder you didn't want to leave Viola there! I have just two notes:

- At 4:35, "wearing their crown of surf for a moment," you say "wear their crown of surf for a moment" (107). (I mention such a minor difference only because in context it can be heard as "where.")
- At 10:01, "whence a decree of eternal banishment," I hear "whence a degree of eternal banishment' (p. 110).
Edits made. 10:31 https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wingofazraelvolume2_08_caird_128kb.mp3
landingtree

Post by landingtree »

Here's section 9, chapter 23.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wingofazraelvolume2_09_caird_48446kb.mp3 51.40.

Scarbo cautioned me about the length of this one, I blithely went ahead... then ran out of steam and had to do it in two sessions! Let me know if the transition, which occurs at 21.23, is too disruptive.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you for section 9, landingtree! I'll try to PL it as soon as I can, but it may be the end of tomorrow before I'm done.

Sarah
landingtree

Post by landingtree »

Scarbo wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 3:12 pm Thank you for section 9, landingtree! I'll try to PL it as soon as I can, but it may be the end of tomorrow before I'm done.
nodsnods, no rush!
nigelkerr114

Post by nigelkerr114 »

Hello,
I'd like to offer to do the last two sections, 13 and 14. please advise.
cheers,
Nigel
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

nigelkerr114 wrote: September 24th, 2022, 9:05 am Hello,
I'd like to offer to do the last two sections, 13 and 14. please advise.
cheers,
Nigel
They're all yours! Thank you for claiming! That makes this project fully subscribed.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

landingtree wrote: September 23rd, 2022, 1:30 am Here's section 9, chapter 23.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wingofazraelvolume2_09_caird_48446kb.mp3 51.40.

Scarbo cautioned me about the length of this one, I blithely went ahead... then ran out of steam and had to do it in two sessions! Let me know if the transition, which occurs at 21.23, is too disruptive.
Wow, that was a quick turnaround on such a long chapter! I enjoyed your clear and measured reading style, and the transition sounds seamless to me. I have just a few notes:

- At 22:57, there's a repeat of "When she loved at all, she loved with her whole heart" (p. 127)
- At 45:51, "Harry Lancaster," I hear "Henry Lancaster" (p. 144)
- At 51:18, "exclaimed Viola," I hear "exclaimed Violet" (p. 148)

Sarah
landingtree

Post by landingtree »

Scarbo wrote: September 24th, 2022, 3:43 pm Wow, that was a quick turnaround on such a long chapter!
Blessed be the fruits of unemployment!
Scarbo wrote: September 24th, 2022, 3:43 pm I enjoyed your clear and measured reading style, and the transition sounds seamless to me. I have just a few notes:

- At 22:57, there's a repeat of "When she loved at all, she loved with her whole heart" (p. 127)
- At 45:51, "Harry Lancaster," I hear "Henry Lancaster" (p. 144)
- At 51:18, "exclaimed Viola," I hear "exclaimed Violet" (p. 148)
Here's a new version, hopefully fixing those things.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wingofazraelvolume2_09_caird_48375kb.mp3
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

landingtree wrote: September 24th, 2022, 10:32 pm Here's a new version, hopefully fixing those things.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wingofazraelvolume2_09_caird_48375kb.mp3
PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah