COMPLETE [SOCIOLOGY] The Elementary Forms of the Religious Life by Émile Durkheim-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

JimScheel wrote: August 8th, 2022, 9:30 am Hello,

Here is section 12:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/elementaryforms_12_durkheim_128kb.mp3

Time: 5:46

Please let me know if I need to make any changes.

Thank you.

Jim
PL OK!
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

lubee930 wrote: July 20th, 2022, 8:26 pm Hi msclic--I've got you in the MW for Sections 00 and 01 with an extension until August 15. Thank you for the update and for your interest in this project! :)
Just to show a sign of activity on my part, last week I did successfully record both sections 00 and 01, and have set them up in Audacity for their editing. However, over the next week I am traveling (August 19-24) whose circumstances might hinder its immediate edition, time will tell; in any case, among my various LibriVox commitments, these two items are on the top of my to-do list. mscllc
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

mscllc wrote: August 18th, 2022, 11:27 pm
lubee930 wrote: July 20th, 2022, 8:26 pm Hi msclic--I've got you in the MW for Sections 00 and 01 with an extension until August 15. Thank you for the update and for your interest in this project! :)
Just to show a sign of activity on my part, last week I did successfully record both sections 00 and 01, and have set them up in Audacity for their editing. However, over the next week I am traveling (August 19-24) whose circumstances might hinder its immediate edition, time will tell; in any case, among my various LibriVox commitments, these two items are on the top of my to-do list. mscllc
Thank you, msclic, for the update. We look forward to listening to your sections! :thumbs:
Kind regards,
Lucretia
bjg345

Post by bjg345 »

Hello, I'd like to claim sections 60, 61, and 62
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

bjg345 wrote: August 19th, 2022, 8:57 am Hello, I'd like to claim sections 60, 61, and 62
Hi--I've assigned those sections to you in the MW. Let us know if you have any questions--and thank you!
Kind regards,
Lucretia
LoganLore

Post by LoganLore »

I'd like to try reading section 20.
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

LoganLore wrote: August 19th, 2022, 12:57 pm I'd like to try reading section 20.
Good afternoon. I've got you in the MW for Section 20--thank you!
Kind regards,
Lucretia
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

For proof-listening:

0 Introduction, Section I
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/elementaryforms_00_durkheim_128kb.mp3
24:01

More completely, the title for section 0 could well read:
Introduction, "Religious Sociology and the Theory of Knowledge", Section I

Likewise the subsequent section 1 (which I hope to edit soon) could be more completely labeled:
Introduction, "Religious Sociology and the Theory of Knowledge", Section II

The English accent is from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (plus whatever I have picked up along the way :roll:). mscllc :thumbs:
Last edited by mscllc on August 27th, 2022, 6:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

mscllc wrote: August 27th, 2022, 2:12 pm For proof-listening:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/elementaryforms_00_durkheim_128kb.mp3

Likewise the subsequent section 1 (which I hope to edit soon) could be more completely labeled:
The English accent is from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (plus whatever I have picked up along the way :roll:). mscllc :thumbs:
I've put the link in the MW to be PL'ed--thank you so much!

It might be more informative to make the revision to the titles that you suggest. But as I am only a substitute Book Coordinator at the moment (and as I did not create this project at its inception), I don't think that I should make changes to the MW at this point. But I'm open to any recommendation from our DPL or MC as always. :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

lubee930 wrote: August 27th, 2022, 3:00 pm

It might be more informative to make the revision to the titles that you suggest. But as I am only a substitute Book Coordinator at the moment (and as I did not create this project at its inception), I don't think that I should make changes to the MW at this point. But I'm open to any recommendation from our DPL or MC as always. :)
I think this would be fine.
MaryAnn
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: August 27th, 2022, 3:45 pm
lubee930 wrote: August 27th, 2022, 3:00 pm

I think this would be fine.
MaryAnn
Thank you, MaryAnn. I've added the extra information to the titles for Sections 00 and 01. I tried to make the format consistent with some of the other headings that the original BC used in the MW. And thank you, msclic, for making the helpful suggestion! :thumbs:
Kind regards,
Lucretia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Well done! PL OK except for one small point, a technicality. Would you please lower the volume of your recording by 2 or 3dB, please? Your current volume is just over the maximum allowed by LibriVox.
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

KevinS wrote: August 28th, 2022, 6:48 pm Well done! PL OK except for one small point, a technicality. Would you please lower the volume of your recording by 2 or 3dB, please? Your current volume is just over the maximum allowed by LibriVox.
Thank you, KevinS.
I have made the volume adjustment, verified it with Checker, and reuploaded it.
mscllc :thumbs:
NinjaNee

Post by NinjaNee »

Hi there - I am happy to MC Book 3, Chapter 1, section 1-4 inclusive. I studied Durkheim at college so it will be a happy re-visitation for me! Thanks!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mscllc wrote: August 29th, 2022, 7:35 am
KevinS wrote: August 28th, 2022, 6:48 pm Well done! PL OK except for one small point, a technicality. Would you please lower the volume of your recording by 2 or 3dB, please? Your current volume is just over the maximum allowed by LibriVox.
Thank you, KevinS.
I have made the volume adjustment, verified it with Checker, and reuploaded it.
mscllc :thumbs:
Thank you! PL OK!