[Complete] Loom and Spindle, by Harriet H. Robinson - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

pamlflaherty wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 9:26 am Hi
I am so immensely grateful for all your time and effort-so much to digest and study-wonderful learning experience and I thank you. I have tried numerous replacement edit techniques and audacity will not take them so I must be doing something wrong-I may take you up on a zoom lesson-which is so kind-I will try to get to this sometime this week and again I thank you Pam
Getting from here to there is easy once you have the roadmap. I'm free to Zoom most afternoons. Let me know when you're available. I promise it will be fun! :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Chapter 5

Harriet knocked it out of the park on this one. Very informative and charming, and you did a great job conveying that. I have just one note regarding a famous word:

7:50 interested in phrenology, should be pronounced free-noledgy

My recommendation on editing a word, is to re-record the entire phrase, then paste in the string of words that blends in best with the rest of the sentence. Oftentimes, just saying one word sticks out strangely. Another method is to play the phrase over and over and say it out loud along with, trying to match your pitch and tone to what it was before, then you might be able to record just the word and have it sound right. Be sure to zoom in so you can see right where to make your cuts, and then listen back to see how you did.
Mnea

Post by Mnea »

Hello! I'm new, and I would like to try my hand at recording chapter 9.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Mnea wrote: August 5th, 2022, 12:17 pm Hello! I'm new, and I would like to try my hand at recording chapter 9.
Hello and welcome to Librivox. Hopefully you got your Welcome Letter and have perused it. If not, you can read it here. We ask new volunteers to introduce themselves, and submit a 1 minute test to get their tech specs OK'd, before asking for sections to record. Once you do that, please feel free to peruse our Readers Wanted forums and claim any secion marked Open in a project's Magic Window. Section 9 of this project is already claimed.

I recommend you claim short ones to start with (under 1500 words), because after recording, editing takes considerable time and some editing skills.

I look forward to seeing you around.
Mnea

Post by Mnea »

It looks like chapter 9 (section 12) is open - could I claim that as I get everything else set up?
smike

Post by smike »

Hi Michele, sorry, but I'll have to drop out after all. More house trouble in addition to work, plus family visiting - I won't get around to doing my section in the foreseeable future. I'm sure somebody else will be happy to pick up the section.
Claudia

So much to do, so little time...
msfry

Post by msfry »

Mnea wrote: August 5th, 2022, 1:05 pm It looks like chapter 9 (section 12) is open - could I claim that as I get everything else set up?
Ah, Section 12! Let me know when you're set up and we'll see what's available. It shouldn't take long.
msfry

Post by msfry »

smike wrote: August 5th, 2022, 1:09 pm Hi Michele, sorry, but I'll have to drop out after all. More house trouble in addition to work, plus family visiting - I won't get around to doing my section in the foreseeable future. I'm sure somebody else will be happy to pick up the section.
Real life, eh? Sorry to see you go, girlfriend, but I certainly do understand. :mrgreen:
smike

Post by smike »

Thank you! :*
Claudia

So much to do, so little time...
Mnea

Post by Mnea »

msfry wrote: August 5th, 2022, 1:14 pm Ah, Section 12! Let me know when you're set up and we'll see what's available. It shouldn't take long.
My audio test is now up: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_mnea.mp3
pamlflaherty

Post by pamlflaherty »

Hi Michele, I re-recorded my section with the correct starting point. I would love to have some help on word replacement. I can do zoom next Tuesday afternoon and any afternoon the week of August 22-I can also do facetime- Just let me know what I need to do to Zoom-Huge Thank you for support! Pam
msfry

Post by msfry »

pamlflaherty wrote: August 14th, 2022, 2:04 pm Hi Michele, I re-recorded my section with the correct starting point. I would love to have some help on word replacement. I can do zoom next Tuesday afternoon and any afternoon the week of August 22-I can also do facetime- Just let me know what I need to do to Zoom-Huge Thank you for support! Pam
I'll PM you on this.
pamlflaherty

Post by pamlflaherty »

Assume PM will be on the Loom and Spindle forum or do I look for it somewhere else? I really am a newbie -sorry Pam
msfry

Post by msfry »

pamlflaherty wrote: August 15th, 2022, 12:10 pm Assume PM will be on the Loom and Spindle forum or do I look for it somewhere else? I really am a newbie -sorry Pam
Oh, I'm sorry about that. In the upper right corner of any forum page you'll see your username and a dropdown arrow. Click on the arroiw, then User Control Panel. That takes you to a platform with incoming/outgoing/sent Private Messages, and a great many other things to personalize your LV experience. Hope to see you Tuesday.
pamlflaherty

Post by pamlflaherty »

Got it Reply sent Pam