[COMPLETE] A History of England, Charles Oman-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
paullawleyjones

Post by paullawleyjones »

annise wrote: August 12th, 2022, 7:49 pm I think you already have - let's see if Pattie is happy about it.

Anne
I don't appear to have access to the MW, or at least it's not obvious to me how to.
Paul Lawley-Jones
My Reader Page

"There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you." – Bene Gesserit "Litany of Fear," Dune
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/BC's:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window should help you get started
in brief you need a password which will let you edit the MW for any project you have permission for.
When you have that you click on the BC edit button under the MW.

Anne
paullawleyjones

annise wrote: August 12th, 2022, 8:22 pm https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/BC's:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window should help you get started
in brief you need a password which will let you edit the MW for any project you have permission for.
When you have that you click on the BC edit button under the MW.

Anne
Done. Thank you. Ready to rock and roll!
Paul Lawley-Jones
My Reader Page

"There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you." – Bene Gesserit "Litany of Fear," Dune
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

annise wrote: August 12th, 2022, 7:49 pm I think you already have - let's see if Pattie is happy about it.

Anne
Yes, Paul should have, I assumed he already had, full access to mw. In fact, I like the idea of calling him assistant BC. If he comes upon an upload or a request to read a section(s) before I do, he can, IF HE WANTS TO, respond to and enter those in the mw. On another project from which the BC just disappeared, the mc and I agreed that which ever of us encountered new uploads or requests would do the duties required, and then it was usually me, but in this instance I'm so frantically busy and will be for the next few weeks, that people might have to wait awhile on me.

You, Anne, said in a pm that you had explained to Paul how to assign sections so I'll rely on that unless Paul asks.

Paul, to enter the url of a new upload, you right click on the url the reader posts in the thread, left click on "copy url address" in the menu that pops up, go into the mw and paste the url in the "Listen URL" box, hit return and voila, the Listen link comes into being. It also makes it easy for a reader to find and download a file that needs correction. I'm fine with doing this on the basis of whichever us meets the request or upload first takes care of it. That way people will get served faster, and you will have had practice at doing it all before it happens that I might be out of connection.
Pattymarie
russcallawag

Post by russcallawag »

I would like to claim sections 65, 66, and 67, if I may?
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

russcallawag wrote: August 13th, 2022, 12:06 pm I would like to claim sections 65, 66, and 67, if I may?
They're yours. Thank you.
Pattymarie
CBinns

Post by CBinns »

Hi - Can I take section 102?

Thanks
paullawleyjones

CBinns wrote: August 13th, 2022, 12:39 pm Hi - Can I take section 102?

Thanks
All yours. Thank you.
Paul Lawley-Jones
My Reader Page

Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Can I also have 43: The Catholic Reaction?
paullawleyjones

Inkell wrote: August 13th, 2022, 3:45 pm Can I also have 43: The Catholic Reaction?
It is yours.
Paul Lawley-Jones
My Reader Page

paullawleyjones

Title: Chapter 21. Henry VIII and the Breach With Rome. 1509-1536, Part 2
Length: 17:09
Size: 16.48 MB
Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/historyofengland_040_oman_128kb.mp3
Paul Lawley-Jones
My Reader Page

paullawleyjones

Next for me are...
  • Section 41 - Chapter 22. English Reformation. 1536-1553, Part 1
  • Section 42 - Chapter 22. The English Reformation. 1536-1553, Part 2
Paul Lawley-Jones
My Reader Page

Inkell

Post by Inkell »

pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 40 is pl ok. Thank you, Paul. Looking forward to the next two.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

JHedrick wrote: August 10th, 2022, 8:14 am I would like to claim 74-76 (Ch. 35, Geo III) and 103-105 (Ch. 44. India and the Colonies) please.
They're yours. :)
Pattymarie