MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

lightcrystal added to MW as DPL ...

MaryAnn
vviera

Post by vviera »

Hi Maryann & lightcrystal -

I got sick after my trip and the resulting fatigue has been dragging on. I don't know whether I'll be able to finish this, but I'm not ready to give up on it yet.

Thanks,
Verla
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

vviera wrote: June 10th, 2022, 2:12 pm Hi Maryann & lightcrystal -

I got sick after my trip and the resulting fatigue has been dragging on. I don't know whether I'll be able to finish this, but I'm not ready to give up on it yet.

Thanks,
Verla
Sorry to hear about that. I will continue on being here to DPL if it's possible to finish the book. May your health get better.
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.
vviera

Post by vviera »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: December 20th, 2021, 10:59 am I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.

MaryAnn
Hi MaryAnn and lightcrystal -

I've decided it's best for me not to try to finish this. I am doing several BC & PLs, and those are easier for me to work on. My health is fine now but it's been hard to record.

Rather than mothballing it, I'd rather turn it into a group project and I can BC it. I did that one other time. MaryAnn, could you move it over to Readers Wanted?

I edited the intro post to make it appropriate for group instead of solo. Is there anything else that needs to be done?

I realized there's one thing I do know that needs to be done - when I cut and paste the group instructions from elsewhere, the uploader login image just says "image." Would it be possible for you to insert the image there?

lightcrystal, would you still be willing to BC?

Thanks much,
Verla

Cheers, VERLA
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

vviera wrote: June 15th, 2022, 8:09 am
MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: December 20th, 2021, 10:59 am I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.

MaryAnn
Hi MaryAnn and lightcrystal -

I've decided it's best for me not to try to finish this. I am doing several BC & PLs, and those are easier for me to work on. My health is fine now but it's been hard to record.

Rather than mothballing it, I'd rather turn it into a group project and I can BC it. I did that one other time. MaryAnn, could you move it over to Readers Wanted?

I edited the intro post to make it appropriate for group instead of solo. Is there anything else that needs to be done?

I realized there's one thing I do know that needs to be done - when I cut and paste the group instructions from elsewhere, the uploader login image just says "image." Would it be possible for you to insert the image there?

lightcrystal, would you still be willing to BC?

Thanks much,
Verla
Hi Veria and MaryAnn
Yes, I am happy to continue to be the DPL. I assume that this is what you mean by me being the BC; if this also makes me the BC then I will do that also.
vviera

Post by vviera »

lightcrystal wrote: June 15th, 2022, 2:05 pm
Hi Veria and MaryAnn
Yes, I am happy to continue to be the DPL. I assume that this is what you mean by me being the BC; if this also makes me the BC then I will do that also.
lightcrystal, I misspoke! I did mean DPL. I will continue on as BC. Sorry about that.

VerLa

Cheers, VERLA
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

vviera wrote: June 15th, 2022, 2:10 pm
lightcrystal wrote: June 15th, 2022, 2:05 pm
Hi Veria and MaryAnn
lightcrystal, I misspoke! I did mean DPL. I will continue on as BC. Sorry about that.

VerLa
OK, that's what I thought you meant! Happy to DPL.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

OK, we are in readers wanted.

I changed a few settings behind the scenes, which you wouldn't have known about, and added the image to the first post.

I've also deleted the bit about the short intro. In a group project, everyone reads the full intro for every section. No need to change your sections because they were done while it was a solo, but all the future readers will need to read the full intro.

And I've removed you as reader from the undone sections, so they are now showing up as open.

Looks like you are ready for claims.

MaryAnn
vviera

Post by vviera »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: June 15th, 2022, 5:56 pm OK, we are in readers wanted.

I changed a few settings behind the scenes, which you wouldn't have known about, and added the image to the first post.

I've also deleted the bit about the short intro. In a group project, everyone reads the full intro for every section. No need to change your sections because they were done while it was a solo, but all the future readers will need to read the full intro.

And I've removed you as reader from the undone sections, so they are now showing up as open.

Looks like you are ready for claims.

MaryAnn
Thank you so much for taking care of it! I should have remembered to remove myself, so thanks for that. All the MCs I've worked with have been great, but just so you know, you're great!

Verla

Cheers, VERLA
vviera

Post by vviera »

lightcrystal,

Chap. 11 is up and ready for PL.

thanks,
Verla

Cheers, VERLA
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

vviera wrote: June 26th, 2022, 1:22 pm lightcrystal,

thanks,
Verla
Thank you! :)
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

lightcrystal wrote: June 26th, 2022, 1:28 pm

thanks,
Verla
Ch 11 is PL OK! :thumbs:

Yesterday coincidentally I stumbled upon a video about women's health. It discussed that Porto Rico was used in the 1960's to conduct extremely unethical trials for the contraceptive pill. Women there were given doses 200 times what is given now. They took part because Porto Rico had forced sterilization and the trial was offered as an alternative.

Anyway when it wasn't being exploited by big Pharma it seems like a salubrious island. Nice read!
vviera

Post by vviera »

lightcrystal wrote: June 26th, 2022, 5:16 pm
lightcrystal wrote: June 26th, 2022, 1:28 pm

thanks,
Verla
Ch 11 is PL OK! :thumbs:

Yesterday coincidentally I stumbled upon a video about women's health. It discussed that Porto Rico was used in the 1960's to conduct extremely unethical trials for the contraceptive pill. Women there were given doses 200 times what is given now. They took part because Porto Rico had forced sterilization and the trial was offered as an alternative.

Anyway when it wasn't being exploited by big Pharma it seems like a salubrious island. Nice read!
Yes, I was aware of those trials. I was a reference librarian at the UPR law school in the '90s, and that topic was sometimes being researched by students.

With the economy (island govt went bankrupt) and crime - mostly drug/gang - the last 15 years or so down there have been downhill. Then a couple of hurricanes devastated their infrastructure. They were already down when the pandemic kicked them in the cojones. It makes me really sad. It was a beautiful place and I loved living there.

What's been interesting for me is to see what things I recognize and which had changed by the
time I was there 90 years after this book was written. Not a soul has shown up to claim a section, so maybe I'll end up finishing it anyway. It remains to be seen!

I'll edit 12 tomorrow. Thanks for the PL!

Cheers, VERLA
vviera

Post by vviera »

LC, section 12 is up.

p.s. my accent is 75% nasal U.S. Midwestern (Wisconsin), 20% generic gringo and 5% can't figure out whether I'm speaking Spanish or English.

Cheers, VERLA
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

vviera wrote: June 27th, 2022, 1:41 pm LC, section 12 is up.

p.s. my accent is 75% nasal U.S. Midwestern (Wisconsin), 20% generic gringo and 5% can't figure out whether I'm speaking Spanish or English.
:D

PL OK! Just one suggestion that at 19:12 "around the town" should be "about the town". I let it go because it doesn't change the meaning at all. If you wanted to do that as a pick up then it would be a spot check.

Good job! :thumbs: