[COMPLETE]Cry Chaos! by Dwight V. Swain - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
rssmith121999

Post by rssmith121999 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/crychaos_08_128kb.mp3

Ok well i didn't get swain in the file title, not sure how i mucked that up... but the file is there.

run time 12:58
Scott- large burly heavy equipment mechanic/truck driver, retired. New hobby as a Librivox junkie.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

rssmith121999 wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 9:26 am https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/crychaos_09_swain_128kb.mp3

chapter 9 runtime 13:02

having a small issue uploading the final version of chapter 8, if i cant sort that out ill message directly
rssmith121999 wrote: June 2nd, 2022, 9:34 am https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/crychaos_08_128kb.mp3

Ok well i didn't get swain in the file title, not sure how i mucked that up... but the file is there.

run time 12:58
No big deal on the file name, I always 'fix' them when I catalog the project, whether they need it or not. I am just paranoid that way! :D Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapters 8 and 9 are now PL OK! Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Blackrock728

Post by Blackrock728 »

icequeen wrote: April 9th, 2022, 5:17 pm
Blackrock728 wrote: April 8th, 2022, 9:07 pm
icequeen wrote: April 8th, 2022, 2:28 pm

Welcome to LibriVox! Chapter 5 is yours, thank you! But, please make sure to do your one minute test before you start recording. It is just so that we can make sure that your settings are where we need them to be, which will make your life much easier! What name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Sounds great, I’ll post the 1 minute test, certainly. Also you can use my name Jason Ziegler. Thanks!
Great! Here is your catalog page! https://librivox.org/reader/17341
Hi! Sorry to post this question here since it doesn't directly relate to the book but the Librivox forum won't let me send messages since I'm still so new. I recorded a 1 minute test and have it saved as an Mp3 but unfortunately my name isn't on the drop down list for the uploading process. I tried to select a non-name option, but it won't let me upload that way. I'm not sure how to get my test uploaded... do I need my name added to the MC list? Thank you for your help!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Blackrock728 wrote: June 7th, 2022, 11:08 am
icequeen wrote: April 9th, 2022, 5:17 pm
Blackrock728 wrote: April 8th, 2022, 9:07 pm

Sounds great, I’ll post the 1 minute test, certainly. Also you can use my name Jason Ziegler. Thanks!
Great! Here is your catalog page! https://librivox.org/reader/17341
Hi! Sorry to post this question here since it doesn't directly relate to the book but the Librivox forum won't let me send messages since I'm still so new. I recorded a 1 minute test and have it saved as an Mp3 but unfortunately my name isn't on the drop down list for the uploading process. I tried to select a non-name option, but it won't let me upload that way. I'm not sure how to get my test uploaded... do I need my name added to the MC list? Thank you for your help!
In the uploader drop down menu, you have to select tests -- tests. It is at the bottom. The names you see are the MC names, we do all the technical stuff before and after the project is cataloged. Let me know if you have any other problems!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Blackrock728

Post by Blackrock728 »

Thanks. I did try the "test" selection yesterday and again today and keep getting the same error message "Error SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0"
I'm following the directions for the upload according to the forum sticky I believe but it could be something I'm doing incorrectly?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Blackrock728 wrote: June 8th, 2022, 5:50 am Thanks. I did try the "test" selection yesterday and again today and keep getting the same error message "Error SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0"
I'm following the directions for the upload according to the forum sticky I believe but it could be something I'm doing incorrectly?
Oh, OK, that's different. Are you sure that your file is an mp3 file? The uploader will not accept the .aup file that Audacity gives for their files. You have to Export it as an mp3. Also, make sure that the ID3 tags are empty, that will sometimes give an error, but more than likely it is because you are trying to upload the wrong file type.

I am assuming that you need an extension for your claim? It expires today.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Blackrock728

Post by Blackrock728 »

icequeen wrote: June 8th, 2022, 3:16 pm
Blackrock728 wrote: June 8th, 2022, 5:50 am Thanks. I did try the "test" selection yesterday and again today and keep getting the same error message "Error SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0"
Oh, OK, that's different. Are you sure that your file is an mp3 file? The uploader will not accept the .aup file that Audacity gives for their files. You have to Export it as an mp3. Also, make sure that the ID3 tags are empty, that will sometimes give an error, but more than likely it is because you are trying to upload the wrong file type.

Yes it is definitely a mp3 file. I know what you mean about the audition file types and exporting in audacity and all that. I exported the first one and picked Mp3 and filled in the file tags. That wouldn't upload so I created another file from scratch, exported it as a Mp3 file, left the tags blank and still got the same error message. Not sure what else to do at this point... Also, I'd love the extension, thanks for that.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Blackrock728 wrote: June 8th, 2022, 3:51 pm
icequeen wrote: June 8th, 2022, 3:16 pm

Yes it is definitely a mp3 file. I know what you mean about the audition file types and exporting in audacity and all that. I exported the first one and picked Mp3 and filled in the file tags. That wouldn't upload so I created another file from scratch, exported it as a Mp3 file, left the tags blank and still got the same error message. Not sure what else to do at this point... Also, I'd love the extension, thanks for that.
That usually fixes the problem, so I don't know what is going on. You might try posting in the Help Needed forum, there are a lot of people hanging out there that might be of more help than I have been.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 3 has been relinquished. Any takers?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 10 is PL OK!