[COMPLETE] Figaro: The Life of Beaumarchais - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section #27 Part I PL oK :clap:

Looking forward to Part Deux. :thumbs:

thanks,
aniroo
aniroo :wink:
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks so much, Jim!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

HI, I just checked the MW and section 24 says ready for PL but there is no link to the file LISTEN.

aniroo
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

aniroo wrote: May 22nd, 2022, 1:52 pm HI, I just checked the MW and section 24 says ready for PL but there is no link to the file LISTEN.

aniroo
Sorry about that - fixed now on 28
~Lynette * -
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

:clap:
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 28 PL OK :clap: :clap: Bravo!

Well done.

BTW. When I was in college I was in the drama dept. and one year the music dept staged the opera based on the Marriage of Figaro. It could have been the Barber of Seville, I don't remember that much. Anyway the music dept drafted some of us to sing in the chorus. I'm sure I was never heard, but I sang like I meant it. It was a song to Cheribino. I don't remember much else, but that is why I signed up for this project.

Thanks, :thumbs:
aniroo
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

How fun!
~Lynette * -
sjr8545

Post by sjr8545 »

Here's Section 14 for it's check. But before you get too deep into it I have a question. Usually I wouldn't read the "..." within a sentence or trailing off the end of one, however, in this case the text actually called for it on a couple of occasions. Should I go back and find those spots where I didn't speak the "dot, dot, dot," or leave well enough alone?

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/figarobeaumarchais_14_rivers_128kb.mp3
29:21

Sarah
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

sjr8545 wrote: May 28th, 2022, 10:21 pm Here's Section 14 for it's check. But before you get too deep into it I have a question. Usually I wouldn't read the "..." within a sentence or trailing off the end of one, however, in this case the text actually called for it on a couple of occasions. Should I go back and find those spots where I didn't speak the "dot, dot, dot," or leave well enough alone?

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/figarobeaumarchais_14_rivers_128kb.mp3
29:21

Sarah
I had a quick look and see what you mean. " Fie on your dots!" I guess I would say leave well enough alone. On the other hand, I would understand why you question whether you should or not.

aniroo
sjr8545

Post by sjr8545 »

aniroo wrote: May 29th, 2022, 7:11 am I had a quick look and see what you mean. " Fie on your dots!" I guess I would say leave well enough alone. On the other hand, I would understand why you question whether you should or not.

aniroo
Yes, on my first read through the text, I had a moment of, "Fie on your dots? What dots? Oh… (dot, dot, dot)" I’m more than happy to leave well enough alone. Thanks for checking and providing input! Let me know if you have anything for me to fix. Truly appreciate the help AND the swift PLing!
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

sjr8545

Post by sjr8545 »

May I take Chapt. XVII, ‘Beaumarchais and the brigands of the Leichtenholz”, please?

Sarah
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you, lkirk. 24 is loaded for our DPL :)

Yes, thank you, Sarah! Section 17 is yours
~Lynette * -