(Complete) Jean Craig, Graduate Nurse by Kay Lyttleton - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Lynnet wrote: January 24th, 2022, 11:58 am
kristakz wrote: January 24th, 2022, 11:13 am Are you still looking for a DPL for this project? If so, I'd like to volunteer.
That would be great.
Wonderful. I see the current sections have already been PL'd, so I'll jump in next time there's an upload ready.
Krista
Nammy

Post by Nammy »

May I claim Chapter 12, The All Night Vigil? If I do a good job, then I'd be happy to do more. It's an easy, short chapter, and I was immediately drawn into the story. I can relate to a lot of it. I'm happy to do what I can, thanks!

Carol
Some people think holding on is tough; sometimes it's letting go.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Nammy wrote: January 26th, 2022, 6:14 pm May I claim Chapter 12, The All Night Vigil? If I do a good job, then I'd be happy to do more. It's an easy, short chapter, and I was immediately drawn into the story. I can relate to a lot of it. I'm happy to do what I can, thanks!

Carol
Certainly. Please be sure to ask if you have questions.
DHSKeyClub

Post by DHSKeyClub »

Hello,

Here is Chapter 4. Let me know if any changes are needed.

Chapter 4 (Duration: 13:10)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/graduatenurse_04_lyttleton_128kb.mp3

Thanks!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

DHSKeyClub wrote: January 27th, 2022, 3:08 pm Hello,

Thanks!
Thank you
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

DHSKeyClub wrote: January 27th, 2022, 3:08 pm Hello,

Thanks!
Thank you. It sounds great. I just have a couple of small notes.

11:46 - stumbled on "smiled slyly". Can you rerecord this?
12:29 - "sim- supervisor" Please snip out the stumble.
Krista
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

neecheelok70 wrote: January 28th, 2022, 12:04 pm Here is 11:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/graduatenurse_11_lyttleton_128kb.mp3

11:45

Jim :)
Thank you
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

neecheelok70 wrote: January 28th, 2022, 12:04 pm Here is 11:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/graduatenurse_11_lyttleton_128kb.mp3

11:45

Jim :)
Thanks Jim. Chapter 11 is PL OK. :thumbs:
Krista
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thank you, Krista! Jim :)
drwifey

Post by drwifey »

Hello! May I record sections 13 and 14 please? You can use my username drwifey.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

drwifey wrote: January 30th, 2022, 4:58 pm Hello! May I record sections 13 and 14 please? You can use my username drwifey.
All yours
Nammy

Post by Nammy »

Lynne,

I have my recording finished, and I think it only needs a few tweaks. There is one thing that I'd like to know before I actually upload it to you. How do I change one word?

For the mistakes that I was aware of, I stopped, deleted the last paragraph with the error, then resumed recording from there. The other small errors don't seem to really matter except one. I said "inside" instead of "outside" or vice versa. I forgot already. Anyway, I know how to delete, but I don't know how to insert. Will it overwrite my recording? I saw a video where you can zoom in. Is that the answer? Do I zoom in enough to highlight the word to delete it and only it. Then record the correct word in that spot? What if I don't get it stopped in time or does it stop automatically in the highlighted area. I'm so afraid of ruining my whole recording. I've already done it several times which isn't the worst, but I'd like to move on to something else.
Some people think holding on is tough; sometimes it's letting go.
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Nammy wrote: January 30th, 2022, 6:08 pm Lynne,

I have my recording finished, and I think it only needs a few tweaks. There is one thing that I'd like to know before I actually upload it to you. How do I change one word?

For the mistakes that I was aware of, I stopped, deleted the last paragraph with the error, then resumed recording from there. The other small errors don't seem to really matter except one. I said "inside" instead of "outside" or vice versa. I forgot already. Anyway, I know how to delete, but I don't know how to insert. Will it overwrite my recording? I saw a video where you can zoom in. Is that the answer? Do I zoom in enough to highlight the word to delete it and only it. Then record the correct word in that spot? What if I don't get it stopped in time or does it stop automatically in the highlighted area. I'm so afraid of ruining my whole recording. I've already done it several times which isn't the worst, but I'd like to move on to something else.
\
Hi Nammy,
Lynnet is much better at this than me, I'm sure, but here's what I've figured out so far. assuming you are using Audacity.

If you have a recording finished, and open it with Audacity, when you hit record, it will put your new recording at the very end. It will NOT overwrite anything. You have to record it (in a new track), copy it, and then paste it where you want it to go. Just like text - it will paste at the cursor, or replace anything you have highlighted.
You can also create a new track, and do your replacement recordings there - I do this, to keep them on the screen together. Go to where you want to record, make the second track a "solo" track, record, copy, paste, then switch back to track 1 as solo and check it.
Krista
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

This might help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9NuSuWYaWg&feature=youtu.be

But basically, Krista’s advice is correct.