~[MUSIC]J.S. Bach, Volume 2 by A. Schweitzer d1965-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

PL note:

I listened to this 17:19 recording of Section 70. It is PL OK.
Always appreciate your nice readings!

Regards,
Jessie
czandra wrote: January 18th, 2022, 9:21 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach2_70_schweitzer_128kb.mp3
17:19

Czandra

Of course this one is chock full of meaty footnotes! Wouldn't you know....
UPRG11W

Post by UPRG11W »

Music in Text: Please leave a gap (3-5 seconds) where there is music in the text so that the editor can easily find where to insert these pieces.

PL note:

Feedback on the 30:52 (it did not show 30:45 to me but 30:52) recording of Section 104
14:07 - 14:11 A 3-5-seconds silence is needed for future insertion of the music

All else is perfect. And very sorry for my slow feedback!

Regards,
Jessie

Music in Text: Please leave a gap (3-5 seconds) where there is music in the text so that the editor can easily find where to insert these pieces.
ChrisGreaves wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:08 am
Mozartjr wrote: January 12th, 2022, 2:48 pm Section 104 is yours!
Hello again Mozartjr

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach2_104_schweitzer_128kb.mp3
29.64 MB
30m45s

Once this has passed PLOK, I would like to do another one or two sections, similar material.
You know better than I, but something like 103, 102, 98, 92, if I have understood the MW.
Thanks
Chris
czandra

Post by czandra »

Thanks, Jesse! Silence removed.

Cz
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

UPRG11W wrote: January 24th, 2022, 2:45 am Music in Text: Please leave a gap (3-5 seconds) where there is music in the text so that the editor can easily find where to insert these pieces.
Feedback on the 30:52 (it did not show 30:45 to me but 30:52) recording of Section 104
Music gap: Page 436, now at 14:03 in my modified MP3

“PL note: Feedback on the 30:52 (it did not show 30:45 to me but 30:52)” it is now 30:49, so not much has changed.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach2_104_schweitzer_128kb.mp3 is uploaded, 30m49s
Thank you Jessie.
Chris
I adopt YOUR orphaned chapters, for FREE!
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

UPRG11W wrote: January 24th, 2022, 2:45 am Music in Text: Please leave a gap (3-5 seconds) where there is music in the text so that the editor can easily find where to insert these pieces.
Thank you Jesse.

[98] should be better; I changed my recording procedures.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach2_098_schweitzer_128kb.mp3
39m41s

Chris
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

czandra wrote: January 23rd, 2022, 4:46 amWe should be enjoying our work, it should not feel burdensome beyond our enjoyment of challenge.
CZandra, your comments and suggestions have worked wonders. I sat down and recorded/assembled [98] this afternoon in just 2.8 hours, record, edit, merge; even dashed of a quick macro to create 5-second silences.
I confess to being pleasantly surprised at Jesse's remarks; I, of course, can see and hear blemishes throughout, but this is strange, because I have listened to many LibriVox books and the little "hiccoughs" don't bother me at all, so why should other people be bothered by mine.
I did more of the punch&run stuff, too. On top of that I used two laptops, with the full-screen digital text on the second, which (laptop) has a quieter keyboard, AND I got smart: I used the 5-second silence to scroll down a bit to the next section of text/page.
I would not have thought that I would welcome pages with scads of music.
For the record [98] is 21 pages with 51 gaps of silence for music insertions. Fifty One!
Cheers
Chris (tomorrow [96])
Last edited by ChrisGreaves on January 25th, 2022, 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Sorry I've been quite slow to churn these out lately, but they're surprisingly time consuming to create for such a short end result :lol:

Here's Section 54:

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach2_54_schweitzer.mp3 - 3:36
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

[96] is uploaded.
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach2_096_schweitzer_128kb.mp3
34m 24s

There were 4-line chants, doubly indented, which I suspect are music; I read them aloud. They can be found at
9m15s through 09m 27s
31m21s through 31m34s
32m51s through 33m02s

Chris
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Mozartjr wrote: August 8th, 2017, 4:17 am Any questions?
Please post below
Hi Mozartjr.
I just noticed that 92 Ch 34 pt 2 - The Cantatas After 1734 continued isn't yet assigned to me, Is that my mistake? :oops:
Thanks, Chris
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

ChrisGreaves wrote: January 25th, 2022, 1:31 pm
Mozartjr wrote: August 8th, 2017, 4:17 am Any questions?
Please post below
Hi Mozartjr.
I just noticed that 92 Ch 34 pt 2 - The Cantatas After 1734 continued isn't yet assigned to me, Is that my mistake? :oops:
Thanks, Chris
Well, you didn't ask for it, but I will give it to you :D
Mozartjr
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Mozartjr wrote: January 25th, 2022, 2:35 pm Well, you didn't ask for it, but I will give it to you :D
Oh. If you must. (stamps foot(in excitement))
I concocted a neat macro this evening to concatenate WAV files. I record one WAV file per page, so at the end of recording 23 pages I have 23 wave files. This macro turns them into a single WAV file.:-

Code: Select all

Comment:_="ConcatenateFiles"
Comment:_="Entry: The set of files has been loaded in the required sequence (File, Import,Audio)"
Comment:_="Exit:  The assembled file will be found in the folder 'macro-output' within your project folders (Edit, Preferences, Directories)"
Comment:_="Thanks to steve https://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?p=444450#p444450"
Comment:_=""

SelectAll:
Align_EndToEnd:
ExportWav:
Comment:_="ConcatenateFiles END"
I should be able to increase my speed of production now ... vrooooom!
Chris
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

mightyfelix wrote: August 30th, 2017, 9:46 pm... insert it at the first available pause, usually at the end of the sentence in which it's contained.
I am only five years behind now, but catching up.

I read this reply today, and must confess that I have been doing it all wrong. I have been inserting the footnote in the position indicated by the asterisk(s).
Many times, this position happens to be at the end of the sentence or paragraph, but in some instances the position is within a sentence.

(1) I bracket with "footnote" markers
(2) I try to lower the pitch (?) of my voice to indicate a break or interruption.

That said, Since I record one page at a time, it would not be difficult for me to go back and re-record the WAV file for specific pages and re-assemble the MP3 file with annotation to the specific positions where I had edited the footnote and position.
Such an edit should not produce a change in the length of the recording, since it is a true CUT-and-paste within the track.

The apologetic Chris :oops:
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Mozartjr wrote: January 25th, 2022, 2:35 pm Well, you didn't ask for it, but I will give it to you :D
[092]
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach2_92_schweitzer_128kb.mp3
38m 29s

Last line page 350 I changed /alone/ to /along/

Is it OK if I don't upload 088 until later today? :twisted:
I have a few more macros to write. :D
Thanks
Chris
ChrisGreaves

Post by ChrisGreaves »

[088]
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach2_088_schweitzer_128kb.mp3
36m 05s

Next?
76 Ch 33 - The Masses Page 311-328. Words 5141
??
Cheers
Chris
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ChrisGreaves wrote: January 26th, 2022, 5:18 am
mightyfelix wrote: August 30th, 2017, 9:46 pm... insert it at the first available pause, usually at the end of the sentence in which it's contained.
I am only five years behind now, but catching up.

I read this reply today, and must confess that I have been doing it all wrong. I have been inserting the footnote in the position indicated by the asterisk(s).
Many times, this position happens to be at the end of the sentence or paragraph, but in some instances the position is within a sentence.

(1) I bracket with "footnote" markers
(2) I try to lower the pitch (?) of my voice to indicate a break or interruption.

That said, Since I record one page at a time, it would not be difficult for me to go back and re-record the WAV file for specific pages and re-assemble the MP3 file with annotation to the specific positions where I had edited the footnote and position.
Such an edit should not produce a change in the length of the recording, since it is a true CUT-and-paste within the track.

The apologetic Chris :oops:
I wouldn't worry about it at this point. If the DPL didn't flag those spots as distracting or confusing, then it's fine. My post that you quoted above is a general guideline, not a hard-and-fast rule. There are several reasons that a footnote might or might not be moved to a different spot, and often that has to be decided on a case-by-case basis.