[COMPLETE]The Countess of Rudolstadt by George Sand - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Yukti1011

Post by Yukti1011 »

May i claim Chapter 30.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Roselbex wrote: January 16th, 2022, 8:10 pm I have reuploaded Ch 20 Section 22 Length 22:21
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/countessofrudolstadt_22_sand_128kb.mp3

Hi, I changed the number to 22 but I'm not sure why. Should I change my reading to show 22 and not Ch 20? I did the reading ( that Ch 19 is a doozy) and the danger is exciting to say the least.
PL OK! Thank you!

There's no need to change the reading of the chapter number. Using the section number for the filename means that each file has a unique name and is listed in order without the formatting getting too complicated in cases where chapters have to be divided up. But since it's the chapter number that's in the actual text, that's all you need to worry about in terms of what you're reading aloud.

Sand sure can spin a yarn!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Yukti1011 wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:02 pm May i claim Chapter 30.
Certainly! Thank you for claiming, and welcome to LV! :) Could you let me know what name you'd like to be listed under in the catalog?

Since this is a relatively long chapter and will probably be about 20 minutes or so long, I'd recommend claiming a shorter section of a project and starting off with that so that you can get the hang of the recording and editing process. One of the poetry projects or a book chapter of around 1,500 words or fewer might be a good place to start. But it's up to you - some new readers dive in headfirst with long chapters!

It's also a good idea to wait for feedback on your 1-minute test before you start recording, in case there are any settings that need to be adjusted.

I want to mention that even though this is chapter 30, because of the way I've had to divide up some of the chapters, the filename will be countessofrudolstadt_32_sand_128kb.mp3, since it goes by the section number rather than the chapter number.

Feel free to ask me if you have questions about anything!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Attached is chapter 16, running 21:47. More of Sand's 'humorousness' here, as my head almost separated from my shoulders as I rolled around laughing at the ending!

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/countessofrudolstadt_16_sand_128kb.mp3

Don't worry about delays in response, I've got a FOOT of snow out there that's "not shoveling itself" as they say, so I may get sidetracked a bit as well.

Thanks,
Brize
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

BrizeCrize wrote: January 17th, 2022, 7:26 am Attached is chapter 16, running 21:47. More of Sand's 'humorousness' here, as my head almost separated from my shoulders as I rolled around laughing at the ending!

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/countessofrudolstadt_16_sand_128kb.mp3

Don't worry about delays in response, I've got a FOOT of snow out there that's "not shoveling itself" as they say, so I may get sidetracked a bit as well.

Thanks,
Brize
Thank you for chapter 16! It's PL OK.

Good luck with the snow! The worst seems to be over where I am, though I hope I haven't jinxed myself saying that.

Sarah
Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Roselbex wrote: January 17th, 2022, 4:02 pm I have uploaded Ch 21, Section 23 Length 22:52
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/countessofrudolstadt_23_sand_128kb.mp3
Thank you for chapter 21! It's PL OK.

Thanks also for chapter 22! PLing to follow shortly.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Roselbex wrote: January 17th, 2022, 5:22 pm I have uploaded Ch 22 Section 24 Length 26:57
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/countessofrudolstadt_24_sand_128kb.mp3
Thanks again for this chapter! Nicely done, as always. The only note I have is that at 25:45, "And I will guard you a little better," I hear "And I regard you a little better" (p. 291).

Sarah
Yukti1011

Post by Yukti1011 »

Scarbo wrote: January 17th, 2022, 5:37 am
Yukti1011 wrote: January 16th, 2022, 10:02 pm May i claim Chapter 30.
Certainly! Thank you for claiming, and welcome to LV! :) Could you let me know what name you'd like to be listed under in the catalog?

Since this is a relatively long chapter and will probably be about 20 minutes or so long, I'd recommend claiming a shorter section of a project and starting off with that so that you can get the hang of the recording and editing process. One of the poetry projects or a book chapter of around 1,500 words or fewer might be a good place to start. But it's up to you - some new readers dive in headfirst with long chapters!

It's also a good idea to wait for feedback on your 1-minute test before you start recording, in case there are any settings that need to be adjusted.

I want to mention that even though this is chapter 30, because of the way I've had to divide up some of the chapters, the filename will be countessofrudolstadt_32_sand_128kb.mp3, since it goes by the section number rather than the chapter number.

Feel free to ask me if you have questions about anything!
Hi. Thankyou for the recommendations. I have posted the 1-minute test and waiting for feedback. If you could listen to it, it would be great.
I wanted to start off with smaller section that is why I claimed this section as I thought it would be ok. But if there is anything that is shorter I am down to do that.
And I would start the recording once I get an ok for the 1-minute test.
Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Roselbex wrote: January 18th, 2022, 2:57 pm I have uploaded Ch22 Section 24 Length 26:58
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/countessofrudolstadt_24_sand_128kb.mp3
PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah
Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

Roselbex

Post by Roselbex »

Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Roselbex wrote: January 18th, 2022, 4:30 pm I have uploaded Ch23 Section 25 Length 23:40
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/countessofrudolstadt_25_sand_128kb.mp3
Thank you for chapter 23, quite a dramatic installment of the story! Nicely done, as always. The only note I have is that at 23:22, "with which she had so ingenuously arrayed herself," you say "with which she had so ingeniously arrayed herself" (p. 301).

Sarah