COMPLETE [HISTORY] The History of Rome, volume 1, by Livy - Leni

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

ChrisBadenoch wrote: November 21st, 2021, 9:05 pm HI Leni,

I forgot to ask for more...how about Sections 12, 13, and 14?
Assigned, thanks!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

mackgeofries wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 9:01 am I'd love to give 18 a shot. To make sure, C's are pronounced hard, like "cat" right?
Thanks for claiming. I see you have had your OK on the test, so you can go ahead and record. As to pronunciation, we are pronouncing the names in English, not in Latin. :) This resource is very useful: https://howjsay.com/ It will not have all the names, most likely, but some of them are there.
Leni
=================
ajhuguelet

Post by ajhuguelet »

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks!
Leni
=================
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

ajhuguelet wrote: November 28th, 2021, 4:02 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/historyofrome1_15_livy_128kbs.mp3

One down!

Very nice reading. I was impressed with your pronunciation of some rather difficult names. :)

Just a small technical issue. The opening silence should be between 0.5 and 1.0 seconds in length and the trailing silence should be 5.0 seconds in length. I heard 1.45 and 4.69 seconds of silence respectively. If you could just make those small adjustments and re-upload we will be all set. Do not forget to post here when done 8-)
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
ajhuguelet

Post by ajhuguelet »

JHedrick wrote: November 29th, 2021, 4:50 pm Very nice reading. I was impressed with your pronunciation of some rather difficult names. :)

Just a small technical issue. The opening silence should be between 0.5 and 1.0 seconds in length and the trailing silence should be 5.0 seconds in length. I heard 1.45 and 4.69 seconds of silence respectively. If you could just make those small adjustments and re-upload we will be all set. Do not forget to post here when done 8-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/historyofrome1_15_livy_128kbs.mp3

Super easy, barely an inconvenience!
And thank you. I had to practice a few times for some of the names to get it right.

22:19.9
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

ajhuguelet wrote: November 29th, 2021, 5:57 pm
JHedrick wrote: November 29th, 2021, 4:50 pm Very nice reading. I was impressed with your pronunciation of some rather difficult names. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/historyofrome1_15_livy_128kbs.mp3

Super easy, barely an inconvenience!
And thank you. I had to practice a few times for some of the names to get it right.

22:19.9
Great! PL Okay :thumbs:
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
mackgeofries

Post by mackgeofries »

Two questions, both about the name abbreviations.

On page 176 chapter 33, they have "Sp Postumius" which on the wiki page you linked, it shows as the feminine name Spuria. Is there an alternate, because I was under the impression it was supposed to be all males. Or, are they even mentioned again, and if not, not a huge deal I would think...

Secondly, it has C. as Gaius, as in C. Julius, but then in the next little bit it has it written out as Caius Julius. How would you like me to handle this, because I seem to remember him being mentioned, at least in passing, a few times elsewhere.. :wink:
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

mackgeofries wrote: December 1st, 2021, 10:01 pm Two questions, both about the name abbreviations.

On page 176 chapter 33, they have "Sp Postumius" which on the wiki page you linked, it shows as the feminine name Spuria. Is there an alternate, because I was under the impression it was supposed to be all males. Or, are they even mentioned again, and if not, not a huge deal I would think...

Secondly, it has C. as Gaius, as in C. Julius, but then in the next little bit it has it written out as Caius Julius. How would you like me to handle this, because I seem to remember him being mentioned, at least in passing, a few times elsewhere.. :wink:
Thanks for asking! Huh, that is interesting. It is Spurius Postumius. I find it weird that the list only gives S. as an abbreviation for that, as Sp. is not uncommon.

I would say Gaius for Caesar, at all times. Not that he is THAT important, but... :mrgreen:

(joking, he is super important. But just because that is the name of one of my cats)
Leni
=================
TadDavis

Post by TadDavis »

Section 7 is available for review.

https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/historyofrome1_07_livy_128kb.mp3

Length is 36m 52s.

Pronunciation of names is (I think) consistent within the file, but this is my first try at Roman literature, and I don't know if ithey are consistent with what others have done. Any corrections or suggestions will be implemented forthwith and posthaste.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thank you! PLing feedback coming soon, stay tuned! :D
Leni
=================
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Hi.
I would like to claim sect. 19.

Emanuela
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
ajhuguelet

Post by ajhuguelet »

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Eysiss wrote: December 4th, 2021, 2:25 pm Hi.
I would like to claim sect. 19.

Emanuela
Section assigned, thanks.
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Leni
=================