COMPLETE[RELIGION] Expositions on the Psalms VOL 4 St Augustine - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

cpollema wrote: October 13th, 2021, 7:26 am I would like to read Psalm 96 Part 1 & 2 as well as Psalm 100 Part 1 & 2. Thanks!
Hello, and welcome to LibriVox! First, before claiming a section, please complete the test recording process. Then, because this project is quite challenging, I suggest that you do a few shorter and simpler readings before trying these. And, then, after that, please sign up for only one section here, to see how this project suits you. So, I'll be looking forward to hearing from you again when you are ready. Thanks and best wishes!

Peace be with you,
Sister
pmessina

Post by pmessina »

Hello,
I was nearly finished with my section, when Audacity went haywire. I have files with these extensions: aup3-shm and aup3-wal. I don't know where these came from. I cannot work on this. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Audacity twice. This did not help. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Paula
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Hello, Paula! Audacity has made changes in how the files and file names present themselves. However, for your question, I'd suggest posting in the "Need help?" forum. I've been helped there many times. I hope you get it straightened out soon.

Peace be with you,
Sister
pmessina

Post by pmessina »

Thank you. Will do.
1Kat

Post by 1Kat »

Could I read section 6 for you? If so, should I read aloud the parenthetical verse indication "Lastly, (ver. 9) The sons of Ephrem..." or would I read "Lastly, The sons of Ephrem..."? Also, what of the concordance along the side. I'm guessing that should be skipped? Thanks.
1Kat
1Kat

Post by 1Kat »

On a second thought. I am a rather new reader (I had a false start in 2017). I just submitted my first reading for approval. And a poem for approval. I think I'd like to make sure those go through first, and get anything fixed on those that needs fixed before I take another section. So, if you please, hold off on assigning me a section. I will get back to you when I am ready if you are still filling assignments at that time.
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

1Kat wrote: October 15th, 2021, 8:35 pm Could I read section 6 for you? If so, should I read aloud the parenthetical verse indication "Lastly, (ver. 9) The sons of Ephrem..." or would I read "Lastly, The sons of Ephrem..."? Also, what of the concordance along the side. I'm guessing that should be skipped? Thanks.
1Kat
Hello, Kat! Good questions. I read the parenthetical verse references only when they are for the Psalm under discussion. And, I do not read the margin notes. That being said, some people read everything.

Peace be with you,
Sister
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

1Kat wrote: October 15th, 2021, 9:05 pm On a second thought. I am a rather new reader (I had a false start in 2017). I just submitted my first reading for approval. And a poem for approval. I think I'd like to make sure those go through first, and get anything fixed on those that needs fixed before I take another section. So, if you please, hold off on assigning me a section. I will get back to you when I am ready if you are still filling assignments at that time.
I'm sure we'll still need readers for quite some time. These are challenging projects. This is volume 4 of 6. So, I hope you'll look for us when you are ready. And, then I'll still suggest only claiming one section to get started. Best wishes!

Peace be with you,
Sister
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

Here is section 2...It is 35:05 in length:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/psalms4_02_augustine_128kb.mp3

Laurence
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

laurencetrask wrote: October 16th, 2021, 7:56 am Here is section 2...It is 35:05 in length:

Laurence
Thank you! The MW has been updated. Since the length was actually about 36:05, with 55 sec of silence, I deleted the extra and corrected the section length to 35:10. Now I'll trust Magdalene to check both of us :)

Peace be with you,
Sister
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

Here is section 3. It is 26:18 in length.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/psalms4_03_augustine_128kb.mp3

Laurence
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

Monaxi wrote: October 16th, 2021, 10:25 am
laurencetrask wrote: October 16th, 2021, 7:56 am Here is section 2...It is 35:05 in length:

Laurence
Thank you! The MW has been updated. Since the length was actually about 36:05, with 55 sec of silence, I deleted the extra and corrected the section length to 35:10. Now I'll trust Magdalene to check both of us :)
Oops sorry about that! Thank you!

Laurence
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

laurencetrask wrote: October 20th, 2021, 5:51 pm Here is section 3. It is 26:18 in length.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/psalms4_03_augustine_128kb.mp3

Laurence
Thank you! The MW has been updated.

Peace be with you,
Sister
pmessina

Post by pmessina »

Hello,
I am unable to use the recording of Part I. That means I'll have to start from scratch. Please extend my time.
Thank you.
Paula
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

pmessina wrote: October 21st, 2021, 9:30 am Hello,
I am unable to use the recording of Part I. That means I'll have to start from scratch. Please extend my time.
Thank you.
Paula
Hello, Paula. Don't worry about the time. We're just getting started :) I hope you were able to fix the problem.

Peace be with you,
Sister