[SPECULATIVE FICTION]The Centaurians by Biagi - rap

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11745
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » June 11th, 2021, 11:23 am

MichaelCarter wrote:
June 11th, 2021, 9:45 am
Hi,

I've completed my chapter, section 5. I think its ready for Proof Listening
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/centaurians_05_biagi_128kb.mp3

Also, i am very interested in any criticism anyone might have. I take frank advice well. so don't worry about hurting my feelings. :D
let me know what you think.
Nothing but good comments from me, Michael! You're a great narrator! Clear diction, nice pace and expression. Section 5 is PL OK!
Librivox has been running for almost 16 years! :birthday:
Join the celebrations by recording for the LibriVox Sixteenth Anniversary Collection

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11745
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » June 11th, 2021, 11:26 am

gyllila wrote:
June 11th, 2021, 6:42 am

I had the original, but could not undo the noise reduction, so I recorded chapter 2 anew and re-uploaded it:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/centaurians_02_biagi_128kb.mp3

Duration: 15:39

Thank you for your patience. :D
Section 2 is PL OK! :thumbs: I don't think noise reduction did any significant difference, so you may skip it to make editing simpler. Sorry to have put you through unnecessary efforts, but I'll take comfort in the fact that you learnt something new :mrgreen:
Librivox has been running for almost 16 years! :birthday:
Join the celebrations by recording for the LibriVox Sixteenth Anniversary Collection

gyllila
Posts: 130
Joined: October 16th, 2014, 8:41 am
Location: Germany, Leipzig
Contact:

Post by gyllila » June 11th, 2021, 11:36 am

Rapunzelina wrote:
June 11th, 2021, 11:26 am
Section 2 is PL OK! :thumbs: I don't think noise reduction did any significant difference, so you may skip it to make editing simpler. Sorry to have put you through unnecessary efforts, but I'll take comfort in the fact that you learnt something new :mrgreen:
Thank You! :clap:

Also thanks a lot for the detailed steps for noise reduction, it certainly will be very useful sometimes. ;)

MichaelCarter
Posts: 14
Joined: June 2nd, 2021, 12:54 pm

Post by MichaelCarter » June 11th, 2021, 12:03 pm

Thanks! I'll be sure to put the time in the post from now on.

gyllila
Posts: 130
Joined: October 16th, 2014, 8:41 am
Location: Germany, Leipzig
Contact:

Post by gyllila » June 11th, 2021, 12:57 pm

MichaelCarter wrote:
June 11th, 2021, 12:03 pm
Thanks! I'll be sure to put the time in the post from now on.
Nice. :thumbs:

MichaelCarter
Posts: 14
Joined: June 2nd, 2021, 12:54 pm

Post by MichaelCarter » June 11th, 2021, 1:10 pm

Rapunzelina wrote:
June 11th, 2021, 11:23 am
MichaelCarter wrote:
June 11th, 2021, 9:45 am
Hi,

I've completed my chapter, section 5. I think its ready for Proof Listening
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/centaurians_05_biagi_128kb.mp3

Also, i am very interested in any criticism anyone might have. I take frank advice well. so don't worry about hurting my feelings. :D
let me know what you think.
Nothing but good comments from me, Michael! You're a great narrator! Clear diction, nice pace and expression. Section 5 is PL OK!
Thanks. I'm trying to grow :D

PQuesoLoco
Posts: 17
Joined: June 7th, 2021, 9:58 am

Post by PQuesoLoco » June 16th, 2021, 2:16 pm

hi everyone, I was wondering how people are pronouncing "Saxe." I know that it becomes short for Saxlehner, I would also like know how everyone is saying that as well i.e.
"And Saxlehner, with his remarkable invention". thank you :D
:help:

gyllila
Posts: 130
Joined: October 16th, 2014, 8:41 am
Location: Germany, Leipzig
Contact:

Post by gyllila » June 16th, 2021, 3:33 pm

PQuesoLoco wrote:
June 16th, 2021, 2:16 pm
hi everyone, I was wondering how people are pronouncing "Saxe." I know that it becomes short for Saxlehner, I would also like know how everyone is saying that as well i.e.
"And Saxlehner, with his remarkable invention". thank you :D
:help:
Great that you also make so much thought for a volunteer project! :thumbs:

Both Michael and I pronounced “Saxe.” as “sax” (saxophone). We pronounced Saxlehner slightly differently regarding the first e, but that’s totally OK, listeners would have no problem to recognize both are the same names. ;) It would be optimal if you happen to know someone with this name, then pronounce it as he/she tells you. ;) In this case, please also let us know, we’d be very grateful. :) :thumbs: If not, you can consider saying “sax-lean-ner” or “sax-lane-ner”.

EvaErskine
Posts: 12
Joined: June 15th, 2021, 7:50 am

Post by EvaErskine » June 17th, 2021, 9:50 am

Hello! I’d like to volunteer for chapter 7, pages 77-90. Thank you!

gyllila
Posts: 130
Joined: October 16th, 2014, 8:41 am
Location: Germany, Leipzig
Contact:

Post by gyllila » June 17th, 2021, 10:51 am

EvaErskine wrote:
June 17th, 2021, 9:50 am
Hello! I’d like to volunteer for chapter 7, pages 77-90. Thank you!
Welcome to our project! :clap:

As I see, you have to take the 1-minute test first, as we all did when we started volunteering on LibriVox. Here is the link to the test:

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

As soon as you get Ok from LibriVox, post here a link, so that we can assign you to chapter 7. ;)

See you soon! :D

EvaErskine
Posts: 12
Joined: June 15th, 2021, 7:50 am

Post by EvaErskine » June 19th, 2021, 8:16 am

I got the ok. Not sure of the link- couldn’t figure that out.

gyllila
Posts: 130
Joined: October 16th, 2014, 8:41 am
Location: Germany, Leipzig
Contact:

Post by gyllila » June 19th, 2021, 9:01 am

EvaErskine wrote:
June 19th, 2021, 8:16 am
I got the ok. Not sure of the link- couldn’t figure that out.
Congratulations! :clap: Chapter 7 is now yours! :D

EvaErskine
Posts: 12
Joined: June 15th, 2021, 7:50 am

Post by EvaErskine » June 21st, 2021, 5:22 am

Hello!

I think my section 7 is ready for prooflistening.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/centaurians_07_baigi_128kb.mp3

21:53

Thanks in advance for any constructive feedback.

gyllila
Posts: 130
Joined: October 16th, 2014, 8:41 am
Location: Germany, Leipzig
Contact:

Post by gyllila » June 21st, 2021, 5:53 am

EvaErskine wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 5:22 am
Hello!

I think my section 7 is ready for prooflistening.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/centaurians_07_baigi_128kb.mp3

21:53

Thanks in advance for any constructive feedback.
Great! :thumbs: It has passed checker and I have marked it as ready for PL now, our DPL will then give you feedback when she is so far. Because English is not my mother tongue, I only do the coordination work, feel free to claim one more chapter. :D

PQuesoLoco
Posts: 17
Joined: June 7th, 2021, 9:58 am

Post by PQuesoLoco » June 21st, 2021, 6:53 am

gyllila wrote:
June 16th, 2021, 3:33 pm
PQuesoLoco wrote:
June 16th, 2021, 2:16 pm
hi everyone, I was wondering how people are pronouncing "Saxe." I know that it becomes short for Saxlehner, I would also like know how everyone is saying that as well i.e.
"And Saxlehner, with his remarkable invention". thank you :D
:help:
Great that you also make so much thought for a volunteer project! :thumbs:

Both Michael and I pronounced “Saxe.” as “sax” (saxophone). We pronounced Saxlehner slightly differently regarding the first e, but that’s totally OK, listeners would have no problem to recognize both are the same names. ;) It would be optimal if you happen to know someone with this name, then pronounce it as he/she tells you. ;) In this case, please also let us know, we’d be very grateful. :) :thumbs: If not, you can consider saying “sax-lean-ner” or “sax-lane-ner”.
Thank you so much! :thumbs: I will definetly follow this going foward :D

Post Reply