[HISTORY] A History of the Comstock Silver Lode & Mines, by Dan DeQuille - icequeen

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
lomond
Posts: 2137
Joined: July 7th, 2008, 6:22 pm
Location: Portland, Oregon, area

Post by lomond » June 12th, 2021, 10:10 am

silverquill wrote:
June 9th, 2021, 8:59 pm
Thank you!
This is in the MW Ready for PL
Greetings -

Just one small correction needed and this will be ready to go as PL OK.

TIME: 00:51 TEXT: "$16,500,000; Hale & Norcross, $11,000,000;" Reading has "92 Norcross" instead of just "Norcross"

Lomond

Tim811
Posts: 24
Joined: January 1st, 2020, 10:11 am

Post by Tim811 » June 13th, 2021, 7:04 am

lomond wrote:
June 12th, 2021, 10:10 am
silverquill wrote:
June 9th, 2021, 8:59 pm
Thank you!
This is in the MW Ready for PL
Greetings -

Just one small correction needed and this will be ready to go as PL OK.

TIME: 00:51 TEXT: "$16,500,000; Hale & Norcross, $11,000,000;" Reading has "92 Norcross" instead of just "Norcross"

Lomond
Greetings Lomond,

Correction made and file resubmitted. I was baffled as to why I included "92" in my reading until I figured out why. When I download the source file I can only open the HTML format which I copy/paste into Word on my Windows desktop (for easier viewing). The HTML text has very small pg markers on the right side which I mistakenly included in the copy/paste and they landed right in the middle of the text. But wait, there's more! (little infomercial humor :lol: ) At about 2:55 I did the same thing by reading "carbonic acid 93gas" instead of "carbonic acid gas". I did not correct this (yet) as it wasn't instructed but I will have no problem doing so if you wish. Thanks for the PL.
- Tim

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/comstocksilverlode_35_dequille_128kb.mp3

silverquill
Posts: 18287
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 14th, 2021, 7:03 am

Tim811 wrote:
June 13th, 2021, 7:04 am

Greetings Lomond,

Correction made and file resubmitted. I was baffled as to why I included "92" in my reading until I figured out why. When I download the source file I can only open the HTML format which I copy/paste into Word on my Windows desktop (for easier viewing). The HTML text has very small pg markers on the right side which I mistakenly included in the copy/paste and they landed right in the middle of the text. But wait, there's more! (little infomercial humor :lol: ) At about 2:55 I did the same thing by reading "carbonic acid 93gas" instead of "carbonic acid gas". I did not correct this (yet) as it wasn't instructed but I will have no problem doing so if you wish. Thanks for the PL.
- Tim

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/comstocksilverlode_35_dequille_128kb.mp3
Ah, yes! That does confuse things. Sometimes picture captions will appear in odd places too.
Always goes for what makes sense. So, please DO correct "carbonic acid 93gas" then upload the file again and give us the new file length. Thanks for your work on this!
~ Larry

Tim811
Posts: 24
Joined: January 1st, 2020, 10:11 am

Post by Tim811 » June 14th, 2021, 9:17 am

silverquill wrote:
June 14th, 2021, 7:03 am
Tim811 wrote:
June 13th, 2021, 7:04 am

Greetings Lomond,

Correction made and file resubmitted. I was baffled as to why I included "92" in my reading until I figured out why. When I download the source file I can only open the HTML format which I copy/paste into Word on my Windows desktop (for easier viewing). The HTML text has very small pg markers on the right side which I mistakenly included in the copy/paste and they landed right in the middle of the text. But wait, there's more! (little infomercial humor :lol: ) At about 2:55 I did the same thing by reading "carbonic acid 93gas" instead of "carbonic acid gas". I did not correct this (yet) as it wasn't instructed but I will have no problem doing so if you wish. Thanks for the PL.
- Tim

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/comstocksilverlode_35_dequille_128kb.mp3
Ah, yes! That does confuse things. Sometimes picture captions will appear in odd places too.
Always goes for what makes sense. So, please DO correct "carbonic acid 93gas" then upload the file again and give us the new file length. Thanks for your work on this!
No problem. Thanks Larry.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/comstocksilverlode_35_dequille_128kb.mp3 [4:19]

silverquill
Posts: 18287
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 15th, 2021, 6:48 am

Tim811 wrote:
June 14th, 2021, 9:17 am

No problem. Thanks Larry.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/comstocksilverlode_35_dequille_128kb.mp3 [4:19]
Thank you!
This is Ready for Spot PL
~ Larry

Tim811
Posts: 24
Joined: January 1st, 2020, 10:11 am

Post by Tim811 » June 16th, 2021, 12:15 pm

Requesting Section 32. Thanks

silverquill
Posts: 18287
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 16th, 2021, 9:25 pm

Tim811 wrote:
June 16th, 2021, 12:15 pm
Requesting Section 32. Thanks

You've got it.
Thanks!
~ Larry

EvaErskine
Posts: 12
Joined: June 15th, 2021, 7:50 am

Post by EvaErskine » June 17th, 2021, 9:54 am

Hello! I’d like to volunteer for section 29. Thank you!

silverquill
Posts: 18287
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 17th, 2021, 11:05 am

EvaErskine wrote:
June 17th, 2021, 9:54 am
Hello! I’d like to volunteer for section 29. Thank you!
Thank you for your interest in this project.
We do, however, request that our new readers first complete a one-minute test recording to check out all of your technical specifications and any reading issues.

New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

Among the useful information there you will find instructions for completing your test recording. Once you have the "OK" on that, post again here and you are free to record for this project. Let us know how you would like to be credited in the LibriVox catalog - real name, pseudonym or other nickname.

Section 29 that you requested has already been recorded.

After your test recording has been approved, please post here again to request a section that is designated as being OPEN in the Magic Window where all of the sections are listed.
~ Larry

Tim811
Posts: 24
Joined: January 1st, 2020, 10:11 am

Post by Tim811 » June 18th, 2021, 12:14 pm

silverquill wrote:
June 16th, 2021, 9:25 pm
Tim811 wrote:
June 16th, 2021, 12:15 pm
Requesting Section 32. Thanks

You've got it.
Thanks!
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/comstocksilverlode_32_dequille_128kb.mp3 [5:44]

Thanks Larry

MolehillMtn
Posts: 44
Joined: May 20th, 2018, 12:53 pm

Post by MolehillMtn » June 19th, 2021, 12:54 pm

silverquill wrote:
May 26th, 2021, 6:53 pm
All sections are very nicely read!
48 and 49 are gladly marked PL OK.

Section 47 needs a correction, however.

1:37 – 1:51 overly long pause then repeat of “on the occasion of a visit to it on a picnic excursion”
Thanks, for PL-ing! Here's the reuploaded file's link with that fixed: https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/comstocksilverlode_47_dequille_128kb.mp3
4:23

silverquill
Posts: 18287
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 19th, 2021, 8:38 pm

MolehillMtn wrote:
June 19th, 2021, 12:54 pm

Section 47 needs a correction, however.

1:37 – 1:51 overly long pause then repeat of “on the occasion of a visit to it on a picnic excursion”
Thanks, for PL-ing! Here's the reuploaded file's link with that fixed: https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/comstocksilverlode_47_dequille_128kb.mp3
4:23
[/quote]

Thank you!
Ready for Spot PL
~ Larry

draco35
Posts: 64
Joined: March 6th, 2019, 9:48 am

Post by draco35 » June 23rd, 2021, 10:42 am


silverquill
Posts: 18287
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » June 23rd, 2021, 10:48 am

Thank you!
I've put these in the MW Ready for PL
Stay tuned for your reports.
~ Larry

Kalamareader
Posts: 1507
Joined: July 21st, 2018, 6:31 pm
Location: Kalama, WA

Post by Kalamareader » June 27th, 2021, 1:54 pm

Hi Larry,

Of course I didn't read the first post all the way through (shame on me), but by reading the first few posts I caught the three section limit, so I will start with 33, 37, and 45 if I might.

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
Psychic convention cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.

Post Reply