Complete [Politics/Philosophy]Enquiry Concerning Political Justice Vol.2- William Godwin-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Section 43 is PL OK.
Another good one, Jim!
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Section 03 is PL OK!

A nice confident reading.
But, a minor pause at the end of sentences would be good, too.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
TrulyGreg

Post by TrulyGreg »

alg1001 wrote: April 7th, 2021, 7:45 am
TrulyGreg wrote: April 7th, 2021, 12:26 am I would like to do part 16.

I would like to be credited as Magalie
Hi Magalie,
I signed you up for it. I strongly recommend you submit a one minute test in the Listeners Forum to check your tech specs before you record this.
Best,
-Amy
Thank you. I already did :)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hippias wrote: April 7th, 2021, 5:14 pm I'm a newbie, but I'd like to try out sections 4 and 5.

My name is Mark Anderson.
Hi Mark,
I signed you up for them. I strongly recommend you have your tech specs checked with a one-minute test in the Listeners Forum before you put in the work.
Cheers.
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Hippias

Post by Hippias »

Okay, hopefully I did this right. My first contribution to the library--aside from that test file I submitted in the other forum.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/enquiry2_04_godwin_128kb.mp3
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Hippias wrote: April 8th, 2021, 2:49 pm Okay, hopefully I did this right. My first contribution to the library--aside from that test file I submitted in the other forum.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/enquiry2_04_godwin_128kb.mp3
Section 04 - PL OK
The only possible problems with this file is that all the footnotes were omitted.
I hope Amy will check in with her wishes on these:
-- footnote not spoken at the end of the first line, which ends with "... frequently maintained upon this subject,t" Please check with Amy on her preferences for reading footnotes.
-- footnote at "specious profligates*" missing
-- 9:25 another footnote ignored after "fledged merit"
-- 10:34 footnote missing at end of chapter (• Paine's Letter to the Republican.)

I am marking this file as PL OK because it deserves it. Amy might request that the footnotes be included as "Footnote.........End of footnote" or she might say that these particular footnotes can be ignored.

In any case, Your reading of this chapter is outrageously GOOD! Great pacing and well placed emphasis! :clap: :clap:

As this project's Dedicated Proof Listener, the more sections like this that we get, the happier I will be. We have a lot of talented readers already but I hope they'll sneak a listen to your narrative skills.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Bill and Mark,
I think footnotes can be omitted if they are just citations. Godwin's ones that add to the text are good to read. Nonetheless, I am fine with this recording staying as is. It must be amazing!
For future recordings, please include the footnotes unless they seem irrelevant.

p.s. Mark,
It is great to hear that your work is superb. That means a lot coming from Bill.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Hippias

Post by Hippias »

alg1001 wrote: April 8th, 2021, 5:26 pm Bill and Mark,
I think footnotes can be omitted if they are just citations. Godwin's ones that add to the text are good to read. Nonetheless, I am fine with this recording staying as is. It must be amazing!
For future recordings, please include the footnotes unless they seem irrelevant.

p.s. Mark,
It is great to hear that your work is superb. That means a lot coming from Bill.
Oh, good--I am glad that it worked out! All of those footnotes are just references, and it might interrupt the flow of the narrative a bit to insert them now. But going forward, is the method Bill mentioned the one you prefer? ("Footnote........End footnote.") Also...if the footnote is in the middle of the sentence, is it okay to finish the sentence before inserting the footnote?
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Mark,
I agree with Bill on using "Footnote....End of footnote." If it is in the middle, reading it at the end would be good.
Cheers!
-Amy
gruneyjimbo

Post by gruneyjimbo »

Hippias

Post by Hippias »

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

gruneyjimbo wrote: April 9th, 2021, 2:01 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/enquiry2_27_godwin_128kb.mp3

Section 27 uploaded at 20:35
Thanks, gruneyjimbo!
-Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hippias wrote: April 9th, 2021, 4:28 pm Okay--here is Section 5:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/enquiry2_05_godwin_128kb.mp3
Thank you, Mark!
-Amy
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

alg1001 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 6:44 am Hi Mark,
I agree with Bill on using "Footnote....End of footnote." If it is in the middle, reading it at the end would be good.
Cheers!
-Amy
I presume that "at the end" was meant at the end of the SENTENCE not the end of the page.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

williamjones wrote: April 9th, 2021, 7:05 pm
alg1001 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 6:44 am Hi Mark,
Cheers!
-Amy
I presume that "at the end" was meant at the end of the SENTENCE not the end of the page.
Yes, I meant at the end of the sentence.